• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Stats Thread

It's bad enough that we're now 41 wins behind ARSEnal in the Premier League era but to have lost almost as many London derbies as the perennial relegation fodder that are Wet Spam is just plain embarrassing #-o
football+table.jpg

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...a--but-arsenal-have-won-the-most-9056477.html

It's sad but then we spent years sitting mid table without ever showing a sign of coming close to Arsenal and Chelsea. Also Wham are 36 games behind us and could quite feasibly lose 80% of those games

west ham have an advantage from all their years outside the pl, if they had played as many as us in sure they would probably be about 30 defeats worse off

It's sad but then we spent years sitting mid table without ever showing a sign of coming close to Arsenal and Chelsea. Also Wham are 36 games behind us and could quite feasibly lose 80% of those games

west ham have an advantage from all their years outside the pl, if they had played as many as us in sure they would probably be about 30 defeats worse off

Aye, those darned Sir Alan years really were quite dire but despite that we've still not quite come close to the Spammers derby loss rate which is nearly 50%.

At least Fulham have spared us the ignominy of being the only London side to drop points to Wet Spam this season.

Merely 'new manager syndrome"?

We have now scored as many PL goals (14) in Sherwood's first six league games as in all of AVB's 16 this season.

We have also conceded as many (5) in Sherwood's first six as in AVB's final game in charge.

Last edited:
We're on a run of five consecutive away wins.

The last time we had a run like that was at the start of the 1960-61 season when we won eight consecutive away matches...

3-1 Blackpool
4-1 Blackburn Rovers
2-1 Bolton Wanderers
3-2 Arsenal
2-1 Leicester City
4-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
4-0 Nottingham Forest
4-3 Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Just had a look because I think our points tally is pretty impressive now - 43 points is our 2nd highest tally after 22 games of the Premier League era. We're 3 behind where we were the 2011/12 season, but 3 ahead of last season and five ahead of the first year we came 4th (2009/10). We have more than double the tally we had at this stage of the 08/09 or 97/98 seasons (21 and 20 respectively).

Also - not Spurs related but Man Utd have 3 points more than Arsenal did after this many games last season, as we all know Arsenal still managed to finish in the top 4 and are now top of the league...

Can any stattos tell me when the last time we won our first 3 league games in January??

I have always remembered us having patchy January's at best (i.e. a couple of draws after a new year's day win when we've been a 'good' side, a couple of defeats when we've been 'average' to 'crap') but can't remember the last time we won on New Year's day AND our next two league fixtures...

The last time we had a run like that was at the start of the 1960-61 season when we won eight consecutive away matches...

3-1 Blackpool
4-1 Blackburn Rovers
2-1 Bolton Wanderers
3-2 Arsenal
2-1 Leicester City
4-0 Nottingham Forest

Hull, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Norwich next for us away now - then Chelski, so if we should be so fortunate to reach eight consecutive away wins now, the ninth would be a huge task!

(would be lovely to set a new record and break Mourinho's unbeaten home stat at the same time, though 8-[)

Sorry for the jinx

Glory hunter :)

Do you really? Wow. Must have been quite a season!? Was there an expectation...?

Ha! - became a fan in 1953 - when we finished 16th if you don't mind.

Indeed 60-61 was an amazing season start to finish. Expectations were high because of the sheer classiness of Blanchflower, White, Allen, Mackay and Jones and the fact we had looked like champions-in-waiting the previous season. But no one really imagined it would turn out quite like it did.

Was based at a Reading boarding school at the time so only managed to get to games during the holidays. I still recall the air of anticipation for the opening game of the season at home to Everton. The atmosphere was highly charged, everyone expected us to roll them over at a canter because of how well we'd played the previous season, but the Toffees made it very difficult for us and for much of the game you couldn't really tell that we were champions-in-waiting, the goals just wouldn't come until quite late in the game. In the end we ground out a modest 2-0 win without really setting the place alight.

The second game I recall watching was the 3-2 win at Highbury, now that really WAS a joy. From memory we blew them away with scintillating one-touch soccer and sailed smoothly into a 2-0 lead, but then to our alarm got pegged back, so in the end it was a relief when the final whistle went and we'd completed our seventh win on the spin.

Cannot pretend i remember too much detail from that season, I'm even struggilng to recall which other games I attended, but the general sense of euphoria at the style of football we played and the incredible impact it had on the media as it unfolded will always stay with me. Spurs were adulated by the press in those days, it felt like everyone supported Spurs and wanted them to break all known records. Something we went quite a long way down the road to achieving.

Ha! - became a fan in 1953 - when we finished 16th if you don't mind.

Indeed 60-61 was an amazing season start to finish. Expectations were high because of the sheer classiness of Blanchflower, White, Allen, Mackay and Jones and the fact we had looked like champions-in-waiting the previous season. But no one really imagined it would turn out quite like it did.

Was based at a Reading boarding school at the time so only managed to get to games during the holidays. I still recall the air of anticipation for the opening game of the season at home to Everton. The atmosphere was highly charged, everyone expected us to roll them over at a canter because of how well we'd played the previous season, but the Toffees made it very difficult for us and for much of the game you couldn't really tell that we were champions-in-waiting, the goals just wouldn't come until quite late in the game. In the end we ground out a modest 2-0 win without really setting the place alight.

The second game I recall watching was the 3-2 win at Highbury, now that really WAS a joy. From memory we blew them away with scintillating one-touch soccer and sailed smoothly into a 2-0 lead, but then to our alarm got pegged back, so in the end it was a relief when the final whistle went and we'd completed our seventh win on the spin.

Cannot pretend i remember too much detail from that season, I'm even struggilng to recall which other games I attended, but the general sense of euphoria at the style of football we played and the incredible impact it had on the media as it unfolded will always stay with me. Spurs were adulated by the press in those days, it felt like everyone supported Spurs and wanted them to break all known records. Something we went quite a long way down the road to achieving.

Great post!

Tottenham Hotspur's run of 11 consecutive wins from the start of the season still stands today, some 53 years later.

3-1 Blackpool
4-1 Blackburn Rovers
2-1 Bolton Wanderers
3-2 Arsenal
2-1 Leicester City
4-0 Nottingham Forest

Not sure if we can be proud by the fact we have won 5 away league matches for the first time since 1961 ! Frankly it is really embarrassing why it took us so long to achieve that. For some reason we became shyte in away matches since we last won the league.

I think AVB has to take all the credit for transforming us from being shyte in away matches into a hard-to-beat team. I think the turning point is the historic win over ManU last season which seems to have given us the belief that we can beat any team away ! Remember it has been almost 2 years since we lost to QPR away under Redknapp. Those were the days when any team can beat us away. But now all the shyte teams seems to be scared about playing us at their home. Thanks to AVB for changing our mentality in away matches !=D>

If you add the last two away matches from season 1959-60, it makes a total of ten consecutive away wins...

P420_zps3601cbc8.png

So if Adebayor hadn't been reprieved, Bendtner would be the most accurate striker in the PL?!? :eek:

Back