• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Stats Thread

I do worry VDV might not have the same impact when he's back as Romero won't be around, It will be a new partner either Davies or a new signing etc.

I suppose it couldn't be worse at the back though. GHod I hope we get a CB in early
Possibly, though I think Davies would be a solid partner for him. Davies stays on the left, VDV on the right.

Interesting perspective on players who are most/least clinical in PL (as vs. their xG)

Original work done here on reddit -> https://www.reddit.com/r/coys/comments/199m0hl/the_squanderer_highest_difference_between_xg_and/

Worst of the bunch, on our side, Johnson is 5th worse in league, Porro middle of the bad table but as a FB getting into a position for sucg XG is probably a conversation

uk3szblc06dc1.png

Best of the bunch, on our side Son rules this one as he had for most of his career, Deki, Romero and Lo Celso also there

dohkuvq376dc1.png

Interesting perspective on players who are most/least clinical in PL (as vs. their xG)

Original work done here on reddit -> https://www.reddit.com/r/coys/comments/199m0hl/the_squanderer_highest_difference_between_xg_and/

Worst of the bunch, on our side, Johnson is 5th worse in league, Porro middle of the bad table but as a FB getting into a position for sucg XG is probably a conversation

uk3szblc06dc1.png

Best of the bunch, on our side Son rules this one as he had for most of his career, Deki, Romero and Lo Celso also there

dohkuvq376dc1.png
Bit pedantic perhaps, but I don't think this says much about if the players are or aren't clinical, just about if they have been clinical so far this season.

In many ways being on the "bad table" can be a good thing, could mean that they're getting into more scoring positions than their goal tally indicates and more goals will come with time/ regression to the mean.

The only real outlier is Son, but that's not because of the stats from this season, but because we've seen him do this over years.

This is good.

Imo matches the eye test for me at least. Not only that we press high and well much of the time, but also that when we have to defend a bit deeper we usually do so while maintaining a good level of intensity and aggression.

Obviously a lot of this is the style of play, but also a result of us over a bit of time aquiring players with really impressive physical attributes and a good mentality.

This is good.

Imo matches the eye test for me at least. Not only that we press high and well much of the time, but also that when we have to defend a bit deeper we usually do so while maintaining a good level of intensity and aggression.

Obviously a lot of this is the style of play, but also a result of us over a bit of time aquiring players with really impressive physical attributes and a good mentality.

The statistics I'd love to see with our new style are

- How often we win back the ball (eye test says a lot)
- How quickly we win it back (same as above)
- Compared to Conte/Jose/Poch's team

The statistics I'd love to see with our new style are

- How often we win back the ball (eye test says a lot)
- How quickly we win it back (same as above)
- Compared to Conte/Jose/Poch's team
PPDA (passes per defensive action) is the most relevant stat I've seen to this. So how many passes opponents are allowed to make before a team makes a "defensive action" on average.

From what I've seen publicly available PPDA stats aren't available though. I haven't looked that hard though.

PPDA (passes per defensive action) is the most relevant stat I've seen to this. So how many passes opponents are allowed to make before a team makes a "defensive action" on average.

From what I've seen publicly available PPDA stats aren't available though. I haven't looked that hard though.

Seen recently with German games, they have a recovery time stat, i.e. how long does it take you to win the ball back?

We scored in our 35th PL game in a row. One more and we'll be equal with Liverpool and Man U who've both managed 36. Still some way to go to catch the goons who did 55 once.

I’m not really one for stats, but according to The Athletic boys on this week’s View From the Lane podcast, should we be successful in achieving it, we’d be the first team in over 30 years to qualify for the Champions League while letting in an average of 1.51 goals per game.

Historically, it looks like we’ll need to sort that out to have a chance of top 4.

A crazy statistic on offsides in this seasons PL.

Erling Haaland has only been caught offside once. 186 players have been caught offside more than him, including seven teammates.

25 Darwin Núñez (Liverpool)
23 Nicolas Jackson (Chelsea) 2
18 Jarrod Bowen (West Ham United), Anthony Elanga (Nottingham Forest) 18
16 Son Heung-min (Tottenham Hotspur)
[selected]...
10 Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United)
6 Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Rodri (Emirates Marketing Project), Kyle Walker (Emirates Marketing Project)
5 Jérémy Doku (Emirates Marketing Project)
3 Phil Foden (Emirates Marketing Project)
2 Julián Álvarez, Jack Grealish, Matheus Nunez (all Emirates Marketing Project) Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur)
1 (=187) Erling Haaland (Emirates Marketing Project)

Sources:

A crazy statistic on offsides in this seasons PL.

Erling Haaland has only been caught offside once. 186 players have been caught offside more than him, including seven teammates.

25 Darwin Núñez (Liverpool)
23 Nicolas Jackson (Chelsea) 2
18 Jarrod Bowen (West Ham United), Anthony Elanga (Nottingham Forest) 18
16 Son Heung-min (Tottenham Hotspur)
[selected]...
10 Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United)
6 Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Rodri (Emirates Marketing Project), Kyle Walker (Emirates Marketing Project)
5 Jérémy Doku (Emirates Marketing Project)
3 Phil Foden (Emirates Marketing Project)
2 Julián Álvarez, Jack Grealish, Matheus Nunez (all Emirates Marketing Project) Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur)
1 (=187) Erling Haaland (Emirates Marketing Project)

Sources:
He is bloody quick
And normally receives the ball in the area where less offsides are made

Back