• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Shard

Not been to Oblix as it seemed a tad boring in terms of food. Went to Hutong and its nice but thats it - nice. You go for the views really rather than the food.

Dinner for two = £171 :eek:

I nearly cried when i saw the bill. I had to firm it due to the lovely female i was with...but ****ing hell.

I nearly cried when i saw the bill. I had to firm it due to the lovely female i was with...but ****ing hell.

If that's 3 courses including drinks, that really isn't THAT bad for a central London restaurant with the pulling power the Shard has..

Unless its the umpteenth date and youre having sex - you really cant be taking girls for dinner at lavish restaurants. Theyll be expecting it continuously which ends up being a mess cos the time you take em to KFC theyll get so disappointed.

ps - they are expensive - try Sushi Samba - 250 quid or Aqua Kyoto - 260 quid. Basically you are ****ting that money eventually

Unless its the umpteenth date and youre having sex - you really cant be taking girls for dinner at lavish restaurants. Theyll be expecting it continuously which ends up being a mess cos the time you take em to KFC theyll get so disappointed.

ps - they are expensive - try Sushi Samba - 250 quid or Aqua Kyoto - 260 quid. Basically you are ****ting that money eventually

He's right. Good hookers are cheaper than good meals.

It's not some random girl that i just met, and tbh i wouldn't have gone had i known the price. She won't be expecting this regularly as i made it perfectly clear this is a one off (it was agreed the next times on her).

The entertainment was fantastic though tbf. Some nice looking bird doing jazz/soul renditions of Michael Jackson, Jill scott, Erika Badu etc etc. Window seats so the view was pretty damn amazing too. My Company had the biggest ass ever so that was the biggest plus. Food wise, the portions were rather small but tasty.

mate, Sushi Samba until recently, was my first date. Start at AllBArOne, few vinos, head up to Sushi Samba. Standard £200 date. Get fcuked over by woman all the time I did.

First date with the girl im seeing now, started off in a bar in Chelmsford. cheap as chips.

Never been to the Shard mind you.

He's right. Good hookers are cheaper than good meals.

They are mate - and then you can **** and leave - perfect. None of this hugging crap haha.

KD - was saying it in jest im sure she wasnt a random girl.

She had a big ass? if it doesnt work out - please pm me and let me know mate.

mate, Sushi Samba until recently, was my first date. Start at AllBArOne, few vinos, head up to Sushi Samba. Standard £200 date. Get fcuked over by woman all the time I did.

First date with the girl im seeing now, started off in a bar in Chelmsford. cheap as chips.

No **** mate - 200 for a date is not good... unless in a committed relationship haha.

It's not some random girl that i just met, and tbh i wouldn't have gone had i known the price. She won't be expecting this regularly as i made it perfectly clear this is a one off (it was agreed the next times on her).

The entertainment was fantastic though tbf. Some nice looking bird doing jazz/soul renditions of Michael Jackson, Jill scott, Erika Badu etc etc. Window seats so the view was pretty damn amazing too. My Company had the biggest ass ever so that was the biggest plus. Food wise, the portions were rather small but tasty.

:ross:

I can see it now, you shouting and cussing at the check while your date tries to calm you down insisting the next one's on her and you replying too ****in' right it is!

Was that how it went down?

If she said she'd buy you dinner and drinks at the Shard would you go down on her?

If she said she'd buy you dinner and drinks at the Shard would you go down on her?

Why do you pose this question to me all the time?

I don't need her to buy me anything...so the answer is no. I respect the fact that you eat women out and have great joy doing it, that's you, do you and i'll do me.

:ross:

I can see it now, you shouting and cussing at the check while your date tries to calm you down insisting the next one's on her and you replying too ****in' right it is!

Was that how it went down?

Nah nothing like that mate :lol:

It was just making her aware that this is not the norm. I think it worked, being that she was at first insistent on paying half, and eventually settled for taking me out and paying the next time we go out. Some people have the ££££ to be paying 200 quid every time you take a bird out..i don't.

No offence mate but taking someone out on a first date for a few drinks followed by a £200 meal is mugs behaviour, you don't deserve any action after a manoeuvre like that :)

Tried to book oblix up but they don't take reservations via email and told me to ring up although they had checked and a table was available by the window overlooking the river at the time and date I wanted. Utterly pointless that they will do all that but not the actual booking.

Unless she is a massive foodie she will probably just feel embarassed by the expense, the formality, the ingredients, the sommelier etc. and disappointed by the small portions.

You're better off somewhere more earthy IMO and way cheaper of course. Get dinner done sharpish and then the night can start.

Back