• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Secret Footballer

Re: O/T The Secret Footballer

for a genuine top class side to want him at his current level of ability, i think he needs to be 21, not 25. could see moyes go for him tho.

Have read both books, really good insights, superb books

i'm not so sure. i agree with you that theres a good chance that the original TSF is kitson. but i just remeber that there seemed to be some irregularities when reading the books for it all to have been kitson.

I think I am right in saying that the first book and original columns had some facts/details changed to protect his identity. The second book has a number of (ex)professional footballers contributing but is written from the perspective of a single player.

yh i think you're right milo. it would be nice if TSF just made it clear if the book(s) were written by multiple players or just one. I don't think it would affect the secret identity of the player(s) much. But it's a very good read nonetheless.

With a bit of digging, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who this is. A bit of a lad, around the fringes of the squad when Capello was appointed, but subsequently not picked. Can't remember Kitson's name ever being mentioned as an England international.

There's a website called Who Is The Secret Footballer that collates all of the details from the columns/books.

I think that from the beginning he has put in other people's stories and changed details so that it was harder to identify him.

There is a damming piece of evidence, TSF mentions in his book that as a kid he used to go to Denmark, and apparently Kitson was once asked in an interview whether he had been to said country on holiday, to which he replied he used to regularly go aa a kid.

There is a damming piece of evidence, TSF mentions in his book that as a kid he used to go to Denmark, and apparently Kitson was once asked in an interview whether he had been to said country on holiday, to which he replied he used to regularly go aa a kid.

[video=youtube;N_0DQAfNzEk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_0DQAfNzEk[/video]

There is one interview held with the secret footballer, and he certainly talks like kitson. All fascinating stuff.

Last edited:
If anyone has time I can recommend reading all these articles, they are each pretty interesting

http://www.theguardian.com/football/series/the-secret-footballer

Hearing him talk about agents and the managers and 'number 2 managers stepping up' is all very interesting, each one is worthy of a thread of its own really. His depression, his motivation, what a captain really does on and off the pitch, all very interesting.

I have read both books, very interesting. There is also 'Secret Player' which was the original, and is a different player, having read the book I think I have narrowed it down to Matt Jansen

Back