• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Season starts now (post-Anfield)

77 points is very doable if we focus on the league and FA Cup only - forget the Europa. Let's use those 9 additional games energy saved on targeting our best ever points finish and lifting the cup

Burnley away - honestly think we'll lose that one, they don't drop too many points at home.
Leicester away - they've been sh*te, but we've been an invaluable 'get out of jail free' card for teams in those sorts of positions over the years. Need a lift after a bricky spell? Play Tottenham Hotspur, they'll give you exactly what you need.
West Ham away - Brady needs them to beat us to preserve the last scraps of the board's collective dignity over that farcical stadium move. The team will want to beat us because they take the rivalry seriously, do wee West Ham. Ditto the fans.
Crystal Palace away - again, they're in sh*te form, but see the prognosis for Leicester away - we tend to be a godsend for teams in those sorts of positions.

Personally, I'd be content with 4 points from those games. Four draws, a win, a draw and two losses...either configuration's good with me.

1 win from that lot and you'd be looking at a grand total of 5 wins from away matches this season. NOT good enough at all imo. We need to be achieving 7 at the bare minimum.

1 win from that lot and you'd be looking at a grand total of 5 wins from away matches this season. NOT good enough at all imo. We need to be achieving 7 at the bare minimum.

It's what I suspect is likely to happen, though. I've pointed out why each game will be very challenging for us, and the background threat behind each one as we head into those weekends is the accumulating fatigue that will degrade our performances and tire out the players with constant action under their belts. That fatigue will probably be counteracted by the thrill of playing at home in the Lane's final season, but away? I think it might be a bigger issue there.

I really really hope I'm wrong but I have a horrible feeling we will just see a repeat of the past couple of seasons, a limp exit of the cups and falling away in the league.

We don't have the squad to rotate which will lead to burn out again.

If we get CL next season we MUST get in better players in to improve the squad and challenge the current first 11

I personally think we should target a cup, we have to start winning things to get in to the mindset we can.

Jesus is out until Easter, which might cut some of Emirates Marketing Project's momentum. He has re-invigorated them and this might slow them a bit.

Three Sunday games (Everton, Southampton and Millwall) and one international break. What a bricky month March could be.

It would take a miracle for us to win the Premier League now!

Yet ....another year of prospect...but nothing to show..except disapointment again.

Yet ....another year of prospect...but nothing to show..except disapointment again.

Oh, come on, disappointment if we don't win the league? :p We're playing a league 1 side at home in the FA Cup quarter final, so a semi-final of a cup very much on the horizon. Still very possible to have something to show for after this season.

There is still the FA Cup which we should go flat out to win. As for the Prem we are not good enough ( yet) to win it and i am amazed when fans thought/think we could.

There is still the FA Cup which we should go flat out to win. As for the Prem we are not good enough ( yet) to win it and i am amazed when fans thought/think we could.

Our first team is good enough imo -- if we'd have had Chelsea's luck with injuries and were able to put out the team that beat them 2-0 every week, I think we'd be top instead of them.

Our first team is good enough imo -- if we'd have had Chelsea's luck with injuries and were able to put out the team that beat them 2-0 every week, I think we'd be top instead of them.

Well Stop! Hammer time but i do not agree, all teams have good luck/bad luck with injurys its part of the game. Last year we only had a few if i remember rightly but still finished third.

Back