• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The royal baby ***Official*** WE HAVE A BOY!

No, aspiration and opportunity.

I wouldn't agree with this. Aspiration is not determined by class. By your reckoning, does an upper class person have more or less aspiration than a working class person? Opportunities are more easily granted to people in better circumstance, that isn't what creates the class system, it is a by product of it.

I wouldn't agree with this. Aspiration is not determined by class. By your reckoning, does an upper class person have more or less aspiration than a working class person? Opportunities are more easily granted to people in better circumstance, that isn't what creates the class system, it is a by product of it.

Class creates aspiration - don't we all want our kids to have the opportunities we didn't? And I assume they'll want more for their kids.

Those who are already upper class don't need the aspiration as they have already made it - at least until their estates begin to drip away.

I'd say that having aspiration is pretty important to anyone. Otherwise, why bother working? Why not just take the state's massively over-generous pay for sitting around watching Jeremy Kyle and drinking Special Brew?

Works for the current crop of Royals. Convenient time to have a royal wedding and new children just in the midst of an economic downturn. Good press with a romance story could be a nice way to cover up an increase in spending on the family that are making less for the country. But the royals wouldn't be so cynical would they? Surely they wouldn't use the mass media to trick the general public otherwise.

Not the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha's, Britain's very own glorified Kardashian's. Why, "they're just like us"

Works for the current crop of Royals. Convenient time to have a royal wedding and new children just in the midst of an economic downturn. Good press with a romance story could be a nice way to cover up an increase in spending on the family that are making less for the country. But the royals wouldn't be so cynical would they? Surely they wouldn't use the mass media to trick the general public otherwise.

Not the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha's, Britain's very own glorified Kardashian's. Why, "they're just like us"

They're not just like us - the like of you and I would need years, if not decades, of training to be a part of their world.

They're not just like us - the like of you and I would need years, if not decades, of training to be a part of their world.

My problem isn't that I wouldn't assimilate into their world, it is that I don't agree their world should exist. There is no reason to allow this family to carry on living the life they are. They have only ceremonial powers, take more money than they generate and yet treason is still a crime?

Always said I would not do politics on this site, but I actually side with the lefties on this topic.

I do not have a massive problem with the royals nor do I people wanting more for their children it is why our son is in private education. But I do believe we should all live by the same rules.

Prince Harry is due to inherit 10 million pounds next month as part of his estate. Now I see no good reason why he should be exempt of inheritance tax. If I and my wife crocked our son would be left with a £500,000 house and a flat worth £220,000 plus cars and savings and life insurance policies which I think would close in on the Million pound mark. The would be no round it he would have to give 40% to the tax man.

I was ****ed off that the state had to pay for William and Kate to do up Kensington Palace even though they could afford to themselves, then the Queen went and gave them a property on one of her estates anyway. Which also would have been over the £90,000 gift threshold that you are allowed to give without paying tax.

As with the bankers who I am happy to keep in this country if they abide by rules and improve their behaviour, the Royals can stay as the tourist attraction they are but we have all had to tighten our belts and live by the law so should they.

My problem isn't that I wouldn't assimilate into their world, it is that I don't agree their world should exist. There is no reason to allow this family to carry on living the life they are. They have only ceremonial powers, take more money than they generate and yet treason is still a crime?

If treason really was a crime someone should prosecute the England team for the way they performed in the summer.

I'm not against the royals one bit, but I generally couldn't give a ****. There's no doubt the royals are worth a lot to this country with the money they generate through tourism, but Begbie actually raises some good points.

Pippa Middleton really does have the best of both worlds; all of the perks of being a royal/family of a royal and none of the responsibilities or intrusive spying from the media.

'Very sensible plan to have a second #RoyalBaby. Only children are at risk of growing up with an overwhelming sense of entitlement.'

Stolen from elsewhere.. (**** twitter!)

Just read the thread from start to finish. Re the black baby joke and recent mentions of treason. Did you know that having adulterous sex with the wife of the heir to the throne is an act of treason? Edward III had this act passed in the 14th century to protect the integrity of the royal succession and it is still on the statute books. Looks like that red head who was giving it to Diana dodged a bullet.

Just read the thread from start to finish. Re the black baby joke and recent mentions of treason. Did you know that having adulterous sex with the wife of the heir to the throne is an act of treason? Edward III had this act passed in the 14th century to protect the integrity of the royal succession and it is still on the statute books. Looks like that red head who was giving it to Diana dodged a bullet.
Or the wall of a tunnel.....

Back