• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

Those who cannot overtake us - as at 1st April (alphabetically) :-

Bournemouth
Burnley

Crystal Palace
Hull
Leicester
Middlesbrough
Stoke
Sunderland
Swansea
Watford
West Ham

Those who cannot overtake us - as at 1st April (alphabetically) :-

Bournemouth
Burnley

Crystal Palace
Hull
Leicester
Middlesbrough
Stoke
Sunderland
Swansea
Watford
West Ham

We're staying up! We're Staying up! We're staying up!

We're top half of the league, say we're top half of the league!

etc., etc., etc!

Cann Table after 29 games

69pts Chelsea (+37GD)
62pts
Tottenham (+36GD)
59pts
Liverpool^ (+27GD)
57pts
Emirates Marketing Project* (+24GD)
53pts
Manchester United* (+19GD)
50pts
Arsenal** (+22GD), Everton^ (+19GD)

** played 27 games
*played 28 games
^played 30 games

We won't win the title. If we were within a point and had Rose Walker Kane Winks and Janssen was on top form and scoring goals, I'd be excited. But we are edging closer and closer to top 4 which would be a massive achievement given the money spent by some of the clubs this year.

My head agrees, but i sure as fudge hope the players still think they can win it and give it a go. If we're very lucky and work hard all the way in, we can still win this.

Top four would indeed be very good though. :)

I still think Chelscum will win it, however....

When they beat Stoke they were celebrating as if the title was won.. I wonder if some complacency crept in as a result..

After their loss yesterday I wonder if that complacency has now turned to fear... The game against Emirates Marketing Project on Wednesday will tell us more but sometimes if you switch off it is hard to switch on again.. Like us at the end of last season...

The bookies have halved the odds on us winning it and they have dropped from 1/33 to 1/7..

This could be an interesting week.

Come on you beautiful Spurs..

We close the gap on Chelsea but all BBC & ITV mention on their news headlines is Liverpool winning and going to 3rd

We could win the double and it would be mentioned after the winner of the World Indoor Bowls Championship

Found it incredible that the Liverpool game was second on MOTD last night rather than our game. Unbelievable decision

Also, when Conte was in Italy the team he was at were coasting to the title but lost their last 4 games and the title with it..

He has spoken about how deeply that hurt him and so must be fearful of it happening again... That fear can so easily transmit to the players....niggling away at the back of their horrible chelscum minds...

But like someone said above, I hate yesterdays results because it gives us hope.. Probably unfulfilled hope.. Unless it will be another double winning season of course..

COYS.

Focus is secure top 4. We are on our way to breaking the 70points barrier as well. One game at a time. Swansea away vs old Spurs boys can be tough. I hope they win today to help ease matters midweek.

A bit like last year we've got a shot........it's a long shot, as defined by the bookies odds.

But we're better than last year.

The pattern/system is more engrained. We certainly are in control of the controllable's.

When i watch us compared to other teams (not inc Chelsea) there is order, a pattern, and understanding individually and between the players of what to do and whats expected. This is very difficult for the opposition to deal with, we are machine like and they spend most of the time just trying to deal with us.

There is great balance between defence and attack. Most importantly defensively we are there for each other.

We only look unsettled when teams agressively press us. I would say in games where they let us control the game we are likely to win 80% of them. They are giving us exactly the starting point we desire.

We have also learnt to mutate (in game if necessary) into different formations and still look effective. And i think this maturing is also helping us deal with injuries easier (as long as too many dont build up).

The spirit in the camp looks incredible and last season's events would have contributed to this. Poch is a real figure head to them.

I see us as top 3 minimum, Chelsea will still probably win it BUT im confident we WILL be there if the door opens.

COYS

Back