• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

A bit like last year we've got a shot........it's a long shot, as defined by the bookies odds.

But we're better than last year.

The pattern/system is more engrained. We certainly are in control of the controllable's.

When i watch us compared to other teams (not inc Chelsea) there is order, a pattern, and understanding individually and between the players of what to do and whats expected. This is very difficult for the opposition to deal with, we are machine like and they spend most of the time just trying to deal with us.

There is great balance between defence and attack. Most importantly defensively we are there for each other.

We only look unsettled when teams agressively press us. I would say in games where they let us control the game we are likely to win 80% of them. They are giving us exactly the starting point we desire.

We have also learnt to mutate (in game if necessary) into different formations and still look effective. And i think this maturing is also helping us deal with injuries easier (as long as too many dont build up).

The spirit in the camp looks incredible and last season's events would have contributed to this. Poch is a real figure head to them.

I see us as top 3 minimum, Chelsea will still probably win it BUT im confident we WILL be there if the door opens.

COYS

A massive plus this year is we have dealt with players missing so much better

The squad is clearly strong despite some new signings not playing up to expectation

And we know West Ham and Leicester might just try that little bit harder.

West Ham will have a go which will suit us, plus this season their pitch is actually flat and green

Leiceter is still very very tricky as they are back to the negative footy of last season with confidence

Liverpool fans: No way are we missing out on top 4 now. Great chance of getting 2nd place, we're going to win every game. United and Everton to battle it out for 6th.

United fans: No way are we missing out on top 4 now. Great chance of getting 2nd place, we're going to win every game. Liverpool and Everton to battle it out for 6th.

Arsenal fans: Wenger out.

Palace have won their last 4 and Silva at Hull hasn't lost a home match in 3 years! These games will still be tough, what you want is Watford, Southampton, stoke.

We know from last year ever team will want to beat us and lay on their backs waiting for their bellies to be scratched when they play our rivals.

You can extend that in multiple directions. Better would be 'but for that defeat at Cheatski' - had we won that the gap would be 1 point, or draw it would only be 4 points

chelsea are a lot better than liverpool, that was a closer result to par

We know from last year ever team will want to beat us and lay on their backs waiting for their bellies to be scratched when they play our rivals.

That's because Leicester were the underdogs and therefore wanted them to win. This year we are the underdogs so roles reversed?

That's because Leicester were the underdogs and therefore wanted them to win. This year we are the underdogs so roles reversed?

No it was a fairy tale a bumbling manager with a team of no hopers against all odds... romantic clams.

I am not complaining that the media finds other teams more interesting.

Fair enough, but I do enjoy highlighting how the 'experts' show themselves as 'paid fans' of other clubs pretending to be neutral observers.

Oddly, Ian Wright and Martin Keown are on the generous side of things. It seems to me the editorial types are the guys with the Manure/Liverwhinge-centric mind-set.

If we are going to challenge Chelsea we need to be perfect, so it doesn't actually matter what they do - however If we drop form it's better to have a gap to 5th.

But with Liverpool also breathing down our necks I want them all as far away as possible tbh.

The title is a long, long shot, and in reality we're fighting for 2nd / 3rd.

4th would be a lottery for the quali round, so don't really want to be dropping that low.

Anyway, what a brilliant weekend for us with only pool picking up full points.

Hopefully city can go on to do us a favour midweek, but we have the matter of Swansea with, no doubt, some motivated ex-Spurs with no little quality.

I guess you could argue our away form this season might see the draw as the favourite result but for sure we have enough to win it.

Back