• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

Didn't see the programme so can't comment but if they said "Pochettino keeps angling for a move away", that's a worry coz they probably know something. If they're saying "Spurs can't possibly keep Pochettino because of how well he's doing" that's probably just ill informed guesswork.

Hahahahahahahahaha...

...no. I defend the journos on here as much as anyone, but no, that doesn't mean they 'know something'. If they had said 'Poch wants a move', it would be bordering on legally actionable, so *in that case*, they'd probably be on to something solid if they said it - 'angling for a move' is just weaselly journo speak for 'he's been asked about Barca and United in the past few weeks, so he clearly wants away'. They know nothing.

They were saying and sniggering as to why poch associates with ferguson and with that barca chap coincidentally at a random restaurant.

And that Poch or spurs can't turn down offers.

I was born in 76
In my youth Chelsea and city were second division sides
United were gash for a very very long time with a revolving door of managers
Arsenal we're our rivals but we were the better team until graham joined them as manager

Things can change massively quick in football, and more so if you have no stability

And a clubs history is clearly no indicator of their future other than maybe ho many bums on seats they may get

I never said that the order cannot be changed, the journo's and pundit's on the other hand seem to think it can't be. Some of the pundit's are slowly coming around to thinking otherwise, but tacos like those guys on the Sunday Supplement won't.

Hahahahahahahahaha...

...no. I defend the journos on here as much as anyone, but no, that doesn't mean they 'know something'. If they had said 'Poch wants a move', it would be bordering on legally actionable, so *in that case*, they'd probably be on to something solid if they said it - 'angling for a move' is just weaselly journo speak for 'he's been asked about Barca and United in the past few weeks, so he clearly wants away'. They know nothing.

Journos get used by footballers, agents and managers to spread stories. If they're saying stuff like "x wants a move away" then they're often right.

However, if they're just basing it on nothing more than the Fergie and Barca meetings, I wouldn't be overly worried.

But I do think we're being a bit naive if we think that someone offering untold riches wouldn't at least tempt Poch. At the end of the day, he's not a Spurs fan so probably is no more loyal to us than Modric, Berba or Bale.

I'd say Chelski are still massive favorites to win it. They have 4 home matches left, we have 4 away matches left (and the two home matches we have left are against top 7 opposition).

Chelski
Southampton (H)
Everton (A)
Boro (H)
WBA (A)
Watford (H)
Sunderland (H)

Spurs
Palace (A)
Scum (H)
Wet Spam (A)
ManU (H)
Leicester (A)
Hull (A)

I can see Chelski dropping points against Everton, maybe even against So'ton and WBA, but they won't have any trouble winning over Boro, Watford and Sunderland.

Us, on the other hand, face in form Palace away, derby against Scum, Wet Spam with their cup final against us away, ManU at home, then in form Leicester and Hull away.

It's a very difficult task still. And I can honestly see us dropping more points than Chelski towards the end of the season. All of our matches will be tough, only one or two of Chelski's remaining matches will be tough.

Just imagine, imagine if we pulled off the best premier league championship ever. I'd take a year off work. I'd get a tattoo on my face. I'd, id, I can't do it.

It's hard not to get excited and dream of the Double. But then the scars of 1987, 1993, 1995, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2012 and last year come and bring me back to earth. The pain of the Sugar years, the betrayal by Campbell, Berba, Keane, Modric and Bale make me realise that success is not for us. But maybe, just maybe...

I'd say Chelski are still massive favorites to win it. They have 4 home matches left, we have 4 away matches left (and the two home matches we have left are against top 7 opposition).

Chelski
Southampton (H)
Everton (A)
Boro (H)
WBA (A)
Watford (H)
Sunderland (H)

Spurs
Palace (A)
Scum (H)
Wet Spam (A)
ManU (H)
Leicester (A)
Hull (A)

I can see Chelski dropping points against Everton, maybe even against So'ton and WBA, but they won't have any trouble winning over Boro, Watford and Sunderland.

Us, on the other hand, face in form Palace away, derby against Scum, Wet Spam with their cup final against us away, ManU at home, then in form Leicester and Hull away.

It's a very difficult task still. And I can honestly see us dropping more points than Chelski towards the end of the season. All of our matches will be tough, only one or two of Chelski's remaining matches will be tough.

That's what I said earlier

If we had more game did feel More confident but our margin for error now is zero

We have to win every game pretty much

It's hard not to get excited and dream of the Double. But then the scars of 1987, 1993, 1995, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2012 and last year come and bring me back to earth. The pain of the Sugar years, the betrayal by Campbell, Berba, Keane, Modric and Bale make me realise that success is not for us. But maybe, just maybe...

We're like a chick that has been dumped a lot of times and have been cheated on even more (maybe even got abused by her dad and uncle in the past) who's finally met a nice guy. We don't quite believe it yet. Afraid of getting burnt. Surely we don't deserve it? :p

Chelski
Southampton (H)
Everton (A)
Boro (H)
WBA (A)
Watford (H)
Sunderland (H)

Spurs
Palace (A)
Scum (H)
Wet Spam (A)
ManU (H)
Leicester (A)
Hull (A)

I agree that Chelsea will probably win it but you can never predict results at this stage of the season. There will be some sort of twist. Would be great to be the beneficiaries rather than the victims.

Basically all of Chelsea's remaining games are against teams that have nothing to play for. Even if we get 18/18 (and we won't) it's still probable given their season that they won't lose/draw more than one game. I like to dream as much as the next Spurs fan but surely calling this race a longshot is an understatment

Whichever way you look at it, chelsea have to have a mini collapse for us to prosper. They have lost 2 of their last 4 games so there is a glimmer of hope. chelsea would need to maintain that kind of form you'd imagine for us to win the league. Its not in our hands...

Basically all of Chelsea's remaining games are against teams that have nothing to play for. Even if we get 18/18 (and we won't) it's still probable given their season that they won't lose/draw more than one game. I like to dream as much as the next Spurs fan but surely calling this race a longshot is an understatment
We said 7 wouldn't become 4. It feels different to Leicester from last season in that Chelsea are expected to win the league, Leicester were expected to lose points but they proved the doubters wrong. I just have this feeling that we can do this. Who knows, football is a strange game....

Chelski
Southampton (H)
Everton (A)
Boro (H)
WBA (A)
Watford (H)
Sunderland (H)

Spurs
Palace (A)
Scum (H)
Wet Spam (A)
ManU (H)
Leicester (A)
Hull (A)

Yes, its extremely difficult, though a lot more likely than a month or so ago.

Realistically I think we probably need to win all 6 of our remaining games. Perhaps, Cheatski might win 3 and draw 3, in which case we can win the title with 5 wins and draw....but still difficult for me.

However, whilst difficult, its not possible. We just need to take 1 game at a time as Poch seems to have installed in our players minds and see where it gets to.

My only hope is that we don't tail off - just dont want the media bleating for the next few years about how we've bottled it two years in a row

Whichever way you look at it, chelsea have to have a mini collapse for us to prosper. They have lost 2 of their last 4 games so there is a glimmer of hope. chelsea would need to maintain that kind of form you'd imagine for us to win the league. Its not in our hands...

Correct but take it to the last game and anything can happen....

I hear you! :) It's only 4 points now. 6 matches left to play. We're in fantastic form, I've never seen a better Tottenham side, no one in the country even close to us at the moment, so if we can keep our momentum up, keep playing our game, staying hungry and focused and all that, we can of course do it, bar a little miracle on Chelski's side of things. There's definitely hope. :)

Back