• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Paxton yesterday

I've had the pleasure of sitting in tehwest stand plenty of times due to corporate tickets and the moaning in there is incessant and generally from a much much older crowd too

The year we beat spam 4 nil there was two guys in front slating Bent even when he scored
He was a bit brick though.

It's the opposite for me, too many younger people who gave joined recently and just do not understand how much better we are now compared to that decade. Anything other than a win not good enough and met with sneering ridiculous insults at our players. Imo of course

I wish they could have seen the likes of : Atouba, Austin, Berti, Laurie Brown, Bunjevcevic, Butters, Frazier Campbell, Cundy, Davenport, Doherty, Dozzell, Dumitrescu, Durie......Christ I'm getting depressed just writing this.

You beat me too it, i have lost count the number of times i have had words with some gobby youngster giving it the bitching and name calling to our players. Most of the time its those in the 20 to mid 30's who are doing the slagging off BRAIN DEAD macaronS.
Agreed. The FIFA/Football Manager generation are far worse than the older fans. With our recent "success" they just can't comprehend why we're not 3-0 up by halftime in every game we play. One lad sat behind me in his early twenties declared our champions league campaign was over after 30 minutes of the Monaco game!
I just don't understand the mentality of spending all that money to go and moan, not to mention the smug "I told you so" attitude when a player they've been berating makes a mistake. Unfortunately I can only see the new stadium bringing more of this.

Agreed. The FIFA/Football Manager generation are far worse than the older fans. With our recent "success" they just can't comprehend why we're not 3-0 up by halftime in every game we play. One lad sat behind me in his early twenties declared our champions league campaign was over after 30 minutes of the Monaco game!
I just don't understand the mentality of spending all that money to go and moan, not to mention the smug "I told you so" attitude when a player they've been berating makes a mistake. Unfortunately I can only see the new stadium bringing more of this.

Well you do know that there are some who do fun stuff on puters and end up winning the Universe cup ( or similar) think that its as easy to do the same in the REAL world. ;)

Well you do know that there are some who do fun stuff on puters and end up winning the Universe cup ( or similar) think that its as easy to do the same in the REAL world. ;)

If only they could get involved in a real game of CoD. No coming back to life then.

From my experience the older ones are the negative ones, always picking on a player for no reason and never letting it go

The younger ones are the drunk ones who try to start chants on their own

The middle aged folk like me have seen enough brick to appreciate the good, but have been starved of the success we saw as kids so are optimistic but also have the air or reality (im 40)

Sometimes I find it more frustrating watching us now we are a good side, because you know we can do better. When we were sh1t and played accordingly, it was easier to accept and you'd even find the comedy in it. For the first 80 mins of that game, I was depressed/going a bit mental at our players (I wasn't there, just watching on the telly). So I can understand fans acting like pr1cks at times.

I find moaners come in all age groups.
From my experience the older ones are the negative ones, always picking on a player for no reason and never letting it go

The younger ones are the drunk ones who try to start chants on their own

The middle aged folk like me have seen enough brick to appreciate the good, but have been starved of the success we saw as kids so are optimistic but also have the air or reality (im 40)

Spot on!
I'm 63 and I play FM and I get worked up watching Spurs play. But I don't think I'm an olden because I've never fallen asleep while watching a game of football involving Spurs.

Most old'uns think reality is overrated and ceased to exist in 1968!

Sometimes I find it more frustrating watching us now we are a good side, because you know we can do better. When we were sh1t and played accordingly, it was easier to accept and you'd even find the comedy in it. For the first 80 mins of that game, I was depressed/going a bit mental at our players (I wasn't there, just watching on the telly). So I can understand fans acting like pr1cks at times.

Rising expectations can be a real bitch to deal with.
As long as you know when you are being a prick your OK.

Last edited:
Not so much the actual result more the feeling of distress to see so many older brethren trying to wind the clock back to the 50's by swallowing whole the flimflam from the likes of Farage and Boris Johnson.

Not talking about this forum, nor necessarily what you specifically referred to (though there's a toxic snobbish element displayed by some in the UK who refuse to accept the referendum result).
The recent ridiculous US demonstrations against the result of the election was a display of brattishness in the extreme

I get a right good work out when watching on the box... my legs are twitching and kicking a non existent ball all the time.. it's all very stressful, but good for the Fitbit!

Not talking about this forum, nor necessarily what you specifically referred to (though there's a toxic snobbish element displayed by some in the UK who refuse to accept the referendum result).
The recent ridiculous US demonstrations against the result of the election was a display of brattishness in the extreme
it's called freedom of speech, if you think that is "brattishness" I think that speaks volumes about you.

Back