• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The owners - where do you sit?

Are Spurs in the right hands?

• Yes

Votes: 71 91.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.0%

• Total voters
We'll soon be in a position where the squad needs minimal work, just refreshing where necessary - at that point our turnover should allow us to splurge on starters enough to keep us competitive at the top - we don't really need to be going in to the market spending hundreds of millions every window
We are already happy to splurge £60m on a player. (So not far off top money)

Another tactic would be to sell the odd player at the right time to swell the piggy bank. But we may not need to if we've developed a team that can challenge with smart buys and players of an age that can give us seasons of service.

The other angle to consider is if FFP develops teeth there will be a limit to how many top price players teams can buy and may even stabilize the price over time.

The qataris are involved for the same reason that abramovich was. Because they want world recognition so they aren't wiped out for their assets.

As for paying off debt. Ffp says nothing ofn debt. Chelsea just wiped off £1bn owed to abramovich.
Not for the same reason as Abramovich. They are sportswashing and want to get global recognition to help it in its efforts to become a major tourist destination.

Not for the same reason as Abramovich. They are sportswashing and want to get global recognition to help it in its efforts to become a major tourist destination.

They also have saudi as a neighbour and have been invaded numerous times. Only the other year saudi was going to build a moat around their country.

They didn't let the us build a massive military base in their country to attract tourists.

They also have saudi as a neighbour and have been invaded numerous times in the last centuary. Only the other year saudi was going to build a moat around their country.

They didn't let the us build a massive military base in their country to attract tourists.
WTF has buying sports teams/events got to do with a military base? That's some tangent you're going off on...

WTF has buying sports teams/events got to do with a military base? That's some tangent you're going off on...

No you are just not listening to what i've said. For qatar this is more about world recognition so they are less likely to be taken over. Same reason they invited the americans to build a military base.

Yes they might want to sports wash. Yes they might want tourism. But they have a domestic population of 200,000. With 11% of the worlds gas reserves. They don't need money.

No you are just not listening to what i've said. For qatar this is more about world recognition so they are less likely to be taken over. Same reason they invited the americans to build a military base.

Yes they might want to sports wash. Yes they might want tourism. But they have a domestic population of 200,000. With 11% of the worlds gas reserves. They don't need money.
The US has been based in Qatar since the first Gulf War and they've ongoing agreements in place. That's nothing to do with sportswashing. If it wasn't a strategic location for the US do you think they'd give a fudge about whether Qatar owned a few football teams? If it was in Saudi's interest to invade them do you think they'd give a fudge about what football teams they owned?

In case you hadn't noticed the world is moving away from fossil fuels and that income will need to be replaced. They currently have a huge drive to attract tourists.

The US has been based in Qatar since the first Gulf War and they've ongoing agreements in place. That's nothing to do with sportswashing. If it wasn't a strategic location for the US do you think they'd give a fudge about whether Qatar owned a few football teams? If it was in Saudi's interest to invade them do you think they'd give a fudge about what football teams they owned?

In case you hadn't noticed the world is moving away from fossil fuels and that income will need to be replaced. They currently have a huge drive to attract tourists.

Qatar paid for the base. Cost $1bn.

Qatar own things like barclays, volkswagen, british airways, valentino, empire state building, canary wharf, the shard... the income from their foreign assets can support their population.

Qatar paid for the base. Cost $1bn.

Qatar own things like barclays, volkswagen, british airways, valentino, empire state building, canary wharf, the shard... the income from their foreign assets can support their population.
Qatar paid 1bn for the base which again has nothing to do with their sportswashing.

They don't own any of those, they are minority shareholders.

I noticed you didn't answer if you think the US care about what sports teams or events they own when dealing with Qatar.

Anyway back to the topic,, Levy is doing a good job other than some poor judgment giving Poch too much control, and with the choice of manager after Poch up until Ange. He seems to have learned from his mistakes and put in a proper structure again and we are already seeing the benefits.

Qatar paid 1bn for the base which again has nothing to do with their sportswashing.

They don't own any of those, they are minority shareholders.

I noticed you didn't answer if you think the US care about what sports teams or events they own when dealing with Qatar.

Anyway back to the topic,, Levy is doing a good job other than some poor judgment giving Poch too much control, and with the choice of manager after Poch up until Ange. He seems to have learned from his mistakes and put in a proper structure again and we are already seeing the benefits.

You again are not listening. The qataris want the us base there as a deterent for anyone trying to invade them. They want the world to know who they are so if they are invaded the world takes notice.

Look at whats happening with guyana and Venezuela.

You again are not listening. The qataris want the us base there as a deterent for anyone trying to invade them. They want the world to know who they are so if they are invaded the world takes notice.

Look at whats happening with guyana and Venezuela.
No, you are not listening. Sportswashing has fudge all to do with why the US base is there. It's been there long before they started doing that.

Look at what's happening with Ukraine and Palestine. Everyone knows who they are and it's doing fudge all to stop what's going on there.

Man U, Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and City falling foul of FFP. Maybe Levy was right about being a well run commercial club

Wolves, Everton, Forest as well

Levy plays the long game (doesn't mean he doesn't make mistakes) but it's clear this is about where Spurs is in a decade, not this season (as club)

Most of the clubs in europe are also trying to cut costs. Going to be interesting.

Man U, Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and City falling foul of FFP. Maybe Levy was right about being a well run commercial club
I'd argue he's always been right about that - the commercial footprint of the club has to be as productive as possible so that if the winnings from the football fall away (loss of form, star players, managers etc) the club has the wherewithal to recover. Everton are a case in point of just throwing money you aren't earning at a team over and over again in the hope it will dig them out of a hole.

£10 for kids £35 adults or family ticket for £70...for the City game.

'Damn Levy....he's scuppering my preemptive strikes...of 'i bet....' 'i bet he...'

DL must get a catapult with a box of eggs.:)

I'd argue he's always been right about that - the commercial footprint of the club has to be as productive as possible so that if the winnings from the football fall away (loss of form, star players, managers etc) the club has the wherewithal to recover. Everton are a case in point of just throwing money you aren't earning at a team over and over again in the hope it will dig them out of a hole.

Absolutely I was just being snarcy haha

He gave the interview years back when he said a time will come when clubs need to be more savvy commercially and he has been proven right. Someone on here said to me last year "you give him too much credit, anyone with time could do it" well they haven't or haven't had the foresight to do it. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have admitted this week that their limited audience reach means they have more or less maximised their commercial reach.

With FFP now clearly being implemented and us thriving with income (will be increased if we manage CL). The gaps ever shrinking and the seems he was right about the long game which @Raziel rightly says includes the future

The real test now is will it be translated to the pitch, I said to @Finney Is Back a while back I give it 5 years in the stadium, take Covid out that gives him 2 years of full season left, if we can't win something in that timeframe I will concede we likely never will (not that Levy cares)

£10 for kids £35 adults or family ticket for £70...for the City game.

'Damn Levy....he's scuppering my preemptive strikes...of 'i bet....' 'i bet he...'

DL must get a catapult with a box of eggs.:)

The burnley game seemed quite full (all levels open) for a Friday night cup game .. assuming we are pricing it right ..

Back