• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Positives Thread

I can't believe now looking back on how I felt before the game that "it could have been more" is a positive from today's game :(

positive?

their victory, and the way they did it, means Wenger will definitely now remain there and hopefully continue to buy inferior players, the run of no trophies will continue

however im not sure of our own mental strength and character to take full advantage of the slow but steady demise of the goons

we can but hope

There is one positive, but it is very closely linked to one of the biggest negatives of the match.

We're fudging better that! We're much fudging better than that!

That was one of the biggest disappointments of the game. I have seen plenty of NLDs where we've been outplayed by a team that was clearly better than us, but we put up a fight. That was obviously disappointing, but something I could live with on the day. But long term that is obviously not acceptable. Yesterday we were outplayed by a team that wasn't better than us, we just didn't perform. I actually find that more disappointing on the day, but long term that is obviously better.

Cause we are better than that. And there are plenty of games left this season where our players can show that they are.

Dean liked Saha's goal :D

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_mikedeanjump.gif

Thats brilliant, and has actually put a smile on my face for the first time in 19 hours

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_mikedeanjump2.gif

With our tough march fixtures (United, Everton, Stoke, Chelsea) Arsenal can be above us before april.
They certainly can. But then they already could be above us as the league fixtures we already played were tough as well. Yet, they trail us by 7 points.

By the way, Man Utd, Everton, Stoke and Chelsea may not be easy opponents. I'm nonetheless confident to win at least two of these games. A win over Man Utd is overdue as is an away win at Stamford Bridge. And Everton and Stoke are winnable games for a team in third place anyway.

The positives thread

Exactly what it says on the tin.

-Norwich are a lot better than most here seem to give them credit for. They outfought us and played tactically perfectly, made it a close game, a close game that we unfortunately lost. Not the first time this has happened. People are acting like we lost to Shrewsbury or something. A good Norwich side, pressure off, looking to have a go at a good Spurs side was never going to be easy.

-Modric, Bale, Ade and Lennon are all fit. With the main core of our players available we all know that we can play good football, and we know that Harry is capable of making them play good football.

I still think we will finish 4th. Not because we are so great but because Chelscum will falter. I think Noocastle will prove an obstacle BUT I think Noocastle may well lose against Chelscum

What positives?

We are going to go back to a midfield 3 of Parker/Sandro with Modric in front and struggle to create anything for the rest of the season.

Sigh. I suppose, with a week off, we'll have slightly less tired players available for the game against Chelski.

And Gallas will be back, hopefully Kaboul as well, so King can take a little more time off to get himself back into form if nothing else.

And we'll go back to playing five in midfield, with Parker and A.N Other (hopefully Livermore). Oh, that will be sweet to witness. No more of this 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 fudgeabout-ery. If Norwich can expose our midfield when we play that system, Chelski will score two hundred by half-time. It's a good system when everyone's fit and firing, but when they're not, it's murderously bad to play.

What positives?

We are going to go back to a midfield 3 of Parker/Sandro with Modric in front and struggle to create anything for the rest of the season.

That's not it.

You're really asking for it raising a thread with that title today.

That's not it either.

---------------------

This is the positives thread, if you don't have something positive to post feel free to ignore it. Feel free to delete your own posts and I'll delete this one.

Another positive:

-We are Tottenham!

What positives?

If we don't lose to the likes of fudging Norwich at home, it's a step up. It's not like we created anything today, is it? 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 is done for this late into the season. The players aren't fit enough or energetic enough to maintain it. It's done. Over.

Everton thrashed Sunderland 4-0. We drew 0-0. Says it all really.
The only positves are that we are still in a CL place. Saudi Sportswashing Machine's goal difference is crap.
And Chelsea still has to play Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Arse and Liverpool away. While Saudi Sportswashing Machine have Emirates Marketing Project and Everton away.
But then if we can't beat Norwich at home are we going to ebat QPR, Villa and Bolton away?

Back