• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official 'No OOMT for Sheriff?' OMT ***

Playing first teamers in this makes sense to me, qualifying early means we will get to rest them when the games are coming thick and fast with zero concerns about qualification.

Three days after this game we have Hull, Hull for ****s sake.

Whereas the home games go..

Everton, Sheriff (Home), Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Or

Sunderland, Anzhi (Home), Liverpool (In a packed December).

The other away option being City, Tromso (Away), United.

By process of difficulty, **** the Tromso match, for obvious reasons.

Then **** the Anzhi Match. That shouldn't have anything to do with any of the first team. We have Sunderland before (easyish) and Liverpool after but the bigger issue is the number of games that get crammed into December(We have 5 games in November, compared to 8 in December).

Seems a pretty simple process to think that we should try and cement qualifying in the two easiest fixtures with the easiest surrounding fixtures, which for me would be Sheriff at home and away.

Our 'b' team will get game time, as I have said previously I would play a mix of first and second team over the next three games.

Getting the result is important, as we can then use the reserves in later fixtures.

The team I would play at sheriff would not be the same team I would play at hull, so the third point is irrelevant.

If we lose in Moldova, we are far more likely to lose other premier league games around those fixtures. So why risk losing in Moldova? It seems silly to risk it.

Avb knows how the players are training and feeling far better than you. He also has experience winning this competition in tandem with winning a domestic league. He needs to consider further than just the two or three games you want him to consider. Which he seems to be doing.

In my opinion we should do what benefits us best in the long run. Such that we gain as many points as possible in the league as well as advance as far as we can in the cups.

If we fail to beat hull it could be for a variety of reasons. Deciding why we have lost a game five days before we play it makes debating with you pretty pointless really, as it's not a reasonable approach to take.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are no better than Hull. Look at the league table.
And as for AVB, its a complete different thing competing on multiple fronts in Portugal. Porto could turn at most team in Portugal and **** all over them. Its hardly a competitive league. His Europa League games would be the more difficult ones.

There's really no reason to disrupt the 11 who will be playing on Sunday by sending them on a ****ty trip to the middle of nowhere.

Look at the team that played West Ham after travelling to Moscow.
Only 3 of the players that started at Anzhi then started at West Ham.
That looks like Avb is resting and rotating well. But no.
9 of the 11 that started against West Ham travelled to Moscow. 6 of them went to Moscow pointlessly. They would have been better off resting and training at home.

AVB should plan his league team selections in advance and make travel arrangements around them.

very glad Walker, Townsend and Paulinho have been left behind and very happy Adebayor has travelled.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are no better than Hull. Look at the league table.
And as for AVB, its a complete different thing competing on multiple fronts in Portugal. Porto could turn at most team in Portugal and **** all over them. Its hardly a competitive league. His Europa League games would be the more difficult ones.

There's really no reason to disrupt the 11 who will be playing on Sunday by sending them on a ****ty trip to the middle of nowhere.

Look at the team that played West Ham after travelling to Moscow.
Only 3 of the players that started at Anzhi then started at West Ham.
That looks like Avb is resting and rotating well. But no.
9 of the 11 that started against West Ham travelled to Moscow. 6 of them went to Moscow pointlessly. They would have been better off resting and training at home.

AVB should plan his league team selections in advance and make travel arrangements around them.

Ah yes, I see that every Porto manage has managed to do as well as avb, after all it's such a **** easy league.. Oh wait..

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are no better then hull, correct. However that's ignoring the point that we play Everton as the match prior to that game.

The long term is the reason that avb should disrupt the first eleven. I applaud what he is trying to do. I would be more concerned if he was just throwing out a first eleven and a second eleven. He is not, he is rotating the teams.

Went to Moscow pointlessly? I thought they went out so that we could get three points and we could try to qualify for the knock out rounds. I must be massively confused about the point of a group stage in football.

I would be interested to see if this idea remains should we get into the champions league, the team has to be used to going to the middle of nowhere to play games and have to be able to play on the Sunday, or we'll just struggle.

If no Walker and Townsend then who do we think will start on the right side? Naughton and Lamela? And would that mean Fryers at LB again? If it does I hope he gets forward a lot more than he did in his last game there

If no Walker and Townsend then who do we think will start on the right side? Naughton and Lamela? And would that mean Fryers at LB again? If it does I hope he gets forward a lot more than he did in his last game there

Confident it'll be Naughton and Lamela.

Ah yes, I see that every Porto manage has managed to do as well as avb, after all it's such a **** easy league.. Oh wait..

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are no better then hull, correct. However that's ignoring the point that we play Everton as the match prior to that game.

The long term is the reason that avb should disrupt the first eleven. I applaud what he is trying to do. I would be more concerned if he was just throwing out a first eleven and a second eleven. He is not, he is rotating the teams.

Went to Moscow pointlessly? I thought they went out so that we could get three points and we could try to qualify for the knock out rounds. I must be massively confused about the point of a group stage in football.

I would be interested to see if this idea remains should we get into the champions league, the team has to be used to going to the middle of nowhere to play games and have to be able to play on the Sunday, or we'll just struggle.

Oh wait what?
Porto have won the league in 7 of the last 8 seasons.

Its a joke league competitiveness wise. They have 3 big clubs and only 2 other clubs have ever won the league.

Yes 6 players flew to Moscow and didn't start and then flew home and started against West Ham and lost.
There no need for them to go there. Same way there's no need for half our players to go to Moldova. Why are Soldado, Sandro and Dawson there for instance? If they are going there to start that one thing but chances are they are going there just for the trip. I cant see Dawson or Soldado starting.

Last edited:
Oh wait what?
Porto have won the league in 7 of the last 8 seasons.

Its a joke league competitiveness wise. They have 3 big clubs and only 2 other clubs have ever won the league.

Yes 6 players flew to Moscow and didn't start and then flew home and started against West Ham and lost.
There no need for them to go there. Same way there's no need for half our players to go to Moldova. Why are Soldado, Sandro and Dawson there for instance?

And the Europa league? Sorry?

They are there in case they are needed. We have a squad of 25 players. It'll be a squad of 18 against hull, that leaves seven players. So we are always going to have to take some of our first squad to these matches.

Sandro is there because Capoue is currently injured and paulinho is being rested, Dawson is there because Kaboul is currently injured. Soldado? If we end up playing 4-4-2, which is possible with three strikers out there, then they will all be needed.

(And the majority of the youngsters we have that are ready for first team action have been loaned out so that they can get experience)

But for interests sake, lets add in an example.

The back four. Considering Walker is being rested and Kaboul is injured we have Naughton, Dawson, Vertonghen, chiriches and fryers.

You need a rb, so naughton is in. No problem.

You need a lb, so fryers is in. No problem.

You need two cb's. Oh, but all three of the cb's you have available might play at Hull (if Verts is put out left). And that's just two for the players on the pitch, you'll need the third as a sub.

So Dawson has to be there.

Let's try another example.

Let's go for the two CDM's (positionally, assuming 4-2-3-1 as that's what we've played up until now). So we are resting Paulinho and Capoue is still out, that leaves us with.. Sandro and Dembele.. Possibly Holtby. Well you need two on the pitch and you'll need one as a sub, so you'll end up taking all three out with you.

Last edited:
I wouldnt really call the games against Feyenoord wins, we got through automatically.
Well UEFA counted them as wins and they helped improve our coefficient ranking.
In 2006-07 we earned 18 coefficient points - that was 8 wins (2 points each) plus 1 draw (1 point) plus 1 bonus point for reaching the quarter-finals. We weren't awarded any coefficient points from the round that Feyenoord were excluded from.

They are there in case they are needed. We have a squad of 25 players. It'll be a squad of 18 against hull, that leaves seven players. So we are always going to have to take some of our first squad to these matches.

Sandro is there because Capoue is currently injured and paulinho is being rested, Dawson is there because Kaboul is currently injured. Soldado? If we end up playing 4-4-2, which is possible with three strikers out there, then they will all be needed.

(And the majority of the youngsters we have that are ready for first team action have been loaned out so that they can get experience)

The back four. Considering Walker is being rested and Kaboul is injured we have Naughton, Dawson, Vertonghen, chiriches and fryers.

You need two cb's. Oh, but all three of the cb's you have available might play at Hull (if Verts is put out left). And that's just two for the players on the pitch, you'll need the third as a sub.

Let's go for the two CDM's (positionally, assuming 4-2-3-1 as that's what we've played up until now). So we are resting Paulinho and Capoue is still out, that leaves us with.. Sandro and Dembele.. Possibly Holtby. Well you need two on the pitch and you'll need one as a sub, so you'll end up taking all three out with you.

In your example, if we have to go 4-4-2. That means we have two strikers no? Then we have Ade and Defoe. Remind me again why Soldado needs to make this pointless trip?

Oh and while we're at it, against whom did Kaboul get needlessly injured?

Sandro is not at all required. Dembele and Holtby are more than adequate for those positions. Again a needless passenger for this trip.

I just hope no one who would otherwise be playing against Hull gets injured or knackered.

---------------------Friedel--------------------

Naughton-----Kaboul--------Chiriches-----Fryers

--------------------Dembele-------------------

------------Siggy-----------Eriksen----------

Lamela-----------------------------------Chadli

----------------------Ade---------------------

Subs: Gomes, Dawson, Verts, Holtby, Sandro, Lennon, Defoe

Please, Andre. We do not need our full team to beat Sheriff: if it turns out we actually do, then we have no hope of winning the competition anyway and shouldn't focus on it at all. Save our players for the Knockout rounds and the PL. We should get a straightforward six points from these two games against Sheriff, leaving us with 12 after 4 games, which effectively guarantees progression. So we can play the kids in the last two, Coulthirst, Bentaleb and co.

2-1 Spurs, Ade and Chadli with the goals.

Please, Andre. We do not need our full team to beat Sheriff: if it turns out we actually do, then we have no hope of winning the competition anyway and shouldn't focus on it at all. Save our players for the Knockout rounds and the PL. We should get a straightforward six points from these two games against Sheriff, leaving us with 12 after 4 games, which effectively guarantees progression. So we can play the kids in the last two, Coulthirst, Bentaleb and co.

I like that line up, but did Kaboul travel?

Bill Nicholson's thoughts on European Football...

"It's magnificent to be in Europe, and this club - a club like Tottenham Hotspur - if we're not in Europe.... we're nothing... we're nothing".

I just don't buy AVB's policy of bringing players on long trips just in case and not using them.
I think people are giving him way too much credit in thinking he can manage European and League effectively because he's done it Portugal.
In Portugal games are moved to Mondays following Europa league away trips.
In AVB's season in Portugal he won all but 3 league games, 2 of those games where directly after away trips in Europe.

We're gonna be playing 4231 as usual out there. AVB should pick his 11 in advance and bring the likes of Kane, Veljkovic and Bentaleb. He has enough players that can play in multiple positions that he doesn't need to send a full squad.

I've a bad feeling he's going to continue playing strong sides even after we qualify.

A win for us tomorrow and a draw in the other group game and we have already qualified.
We should be playing the kids in every game from now on, we will still qualify. The group is a complete joke.

I wish we'd rest all of our first team players. Can't have another Wet Spam against Hull on Sunday.

Back