• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official 'No OOMT for Sheriff?' OMT ***

"Victory for Andre Villas-Boas' men, combined with a draw between Anzhi Makhachkala and Tromso, would guarantee Tottenham's progression from Group K after just three games.

Sporting, of Portugal, were the last team to secure qualification in such rapid fashion, doing so three seasons ago"

How can that happen? Surely a team cant qualify after 3 games, because the results could be matched or even bettered in the reverse fixtures.

If those results occur tomorrow it would be Spurs 9 Anzi 2 Sheriff 2 Tromso 2

If we then lost our last 3 games. Anzi win 2 and draw with Sheriff. Sheriff win their other two, all 3 finish on 9pts.
Then it would go on head-to-head results.
We wont, but if we lost by 3 goals to Anzi and lost by a worse score v Sheriff we would go out.

In the head-to-head standings we would have 6 points from having beaten (and lost to) both the other teams, but they would only have 5, having beaten us and drawn both games with each other. So we'd be through.

In the head-to-head standings we would have 6 points from having beaten (and lost to) both the other teams, but they would only have 5, having beaten us and drawn both games with each other. So we'd be through.

right, I get it now. Thanks for clearing it up

Really dont understand why we're sending anyone near the full team to ****ing Moldova.
Lose this 4-0 and it doesnt matter.
Win the 2 home games and we're through top of the group.

Really dont understand why we're sending anyone near the full team to ****ing Moldova.

Wins bring wins probably that's a reason but I agree with you they should have sent the B team and kept the A players at home. Pretty sure we would have won with just a decent line-up...

Playing first teamers in this makes sense to me, qualifying early means we will get to rest them when the games are coming thick and fast with zero concerns about qualification.

Three days after this game we have Hull, Hull for ****s sake.

Whereas the home games go..

Everton, Sheriff (Home), Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Or

Sunderland, Anzhi (Home), Liverpool (In a packed December).

The other away option being City, Tromso (Away), United.

By process of difficulty, **** the Tromso match, for obvious reasons.

Then **** the Anzhi Match. That shouldn't have anything to do with any of the first team. We have Sunderland before (easyish) and Liverpool after but the bigger issue is the number of games that get crammed into December(We have 5 games in November, compared to 8 in December).

Seems a pretty simple process to think that we should try and cement qualifying in the two easiest fixtures with the easiest surrounding fixtures, which for me would be Sheriff at home and away.

Last edited:
Walker, Townsend and Paulinho will be rested and have not travelled.

Kaboul and Rose will be out for one more week.

Walker, Townsend and Paulinho will be rested and have not travelled.

Kaboul and Rose will be out for one more week.

You must be pleased that Spurs have taken a pair of young Danes on trial today...

A5907_zps47e05e30.jpg

You must be pleased that Spurs have taken a pair of young Danes on trial today...

I dont know anything about those 2 to be honest

But the more danes, the better :p

Us danish fans have benefited greatly from Eriksen joining the club.

Every Spurs match since he signed has been televised, so the more buzz about Spurs here in Denmark, the better

Playing first teamers in this makes sense to me qualifying early means we will get to rest them when the games are coming thick and fast with zero concerns about qualification.

Three days after this game we have Hull, Hull for ****s sake.

Whereas the home games go..

Everton, Sheriff (Home), Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Or

Sunderland, Anzhi (Home), Liverpool (In a packed December).

The other away option being City, Tromso (Away), United.

By process of difficulty, **** the Tromso match, for obvious reasons.

Then **** the Anzhi Match. That shouldn't have anything to do with any of the first team. We have Sunderland before (easyish) and Liverpool after but the bigger issue is the number of games that get crammed into December(We have 5 games in November, compared to 8 in December).

Seems a pretty simple process to think that we should try and cement qualifying in the two easiest fixtures with the easiest surrounding fixtures, which for me would be Sheriff at home and away.

Playing first teamers in this away game makes NO sense to me whatsoever.

1. Our B team need game time. Lennon, Lamela, Ade, Eriksen, Chadli have hardly featured this season and really need games to push the first teamers for their places.

2. Our Reserves are well capable of winning the game anyway.

3. Our first team need to successfully prepare for the Hull game, not risk injury or tiredness I against Sheriff.

4. If the worst comes to the worst and we lose in Moldova, the situation is easily repairable from the remaining home fixtures.

5. If tiredness or lethargy or injury impact at all adversely on our Hull performance and result ( like I am convinced it did against West Ham) then AVB will have not learned that if you have a big squad, as we have, then he needs to consider two or three games into the future not just the game we are playing.

in my opinion, we should not do anything that might adversely prevent us from getting the result against Hull in the league. If we fail to beat Hull, it will then be completely due to this selection madness imo. Any first teamers who are due to play against Hull should have been left at home and not even travelled. Their time would have been better spent practicing free kicks and corners. That would be proper preparation - not flying halfway round the world for a pretty meaningless game.

Our 'b' team will get game time, as I have said previously I would play a mix of first and second team over the next three games.

Getting the result is important, as we can then use the reserves in later fixtures.

The team I would play at sheriff would not be the same team I would play at hull, so the third point is irrelevant.

If we lose in Moldova, we are far more likely to lose other premier league games around those fixtures. So why risk losing in Moldova? It seems silly to risk it.

Avb knows how the players are training and feeling far better than you. He also has experience winning this competition in tandem with winning a domestic league. He needs to consider further than just the two or three games you want him to consider. Which he seems to be doing.

In my opinion we should do what benefits us best in the long run. Such that we gain as many points as possible in the league as well as advance as far as we can in the cups.

If we fail to beat hull it could be for a variety of reasons. Deciding why we have lost a game five days before we play it makes debating with you pretty pointless really, as it's not a reasonable approach to take.

Last edited:
All I know is that tomorrow evening, I expect to be playing a Bob Marley song...any guesses???????!!!!!!

Our 'b' team will get game time, as I have said previously I would play a mix of first and second team over the next three games.

Getting the result is important, as we can then use the reserves in later fixtures.

The team I would play at sheriff would not be the same team I would play at hull, so the third point is irrelevant.

If we lose in Moldova, we are far more likely to lose other premier league games around those fixtures. So why risk losing in Moldova? It seems silly to risk it.

Avb knows how the players are training and feeling far better than you. He also has experience winning this competition in tandem with winning a domestic league. He needs to consider further than just the two or three games you want him to consider. Which he seems to be doing.

In my opinion we should do what benefits us best in the long run. Such that we gain as many points as possible in the league as well as advance as far as we can in the cups.

If we fail to beat hull it could be for a variety of reasons. Deciding why we have lost a game five days before we play it makes debating with you pretty pointless really, as it's not a reasonable approach to take.

Exactly. But why not take every sensible precaution to prevent one pretty obvious one.

Lets wait and see if we look sharp and do the business against Hull shall we?

Btw, I bet you said before the Wet Spam game " it's only Wet Spam ffs" just like you have now summarily dismissed Hull.

Last edited:
Exactly. But why not take every sensible precaution to prevent one pretty obvious one.

Lets wait and see if we look sharp and do the business against Hull shall we?

The most obvious one? There can't be an obvious reason we've lost until well, until we've lost..

Unless time has started to flow in the opposite direction.

Back