• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official 'How do you stop Emirates Marketing Project?!?!' OMT ***

if that hadn't gone in he would have been off!!

yeah, but should the fact it did go in make a difference, if you stick out an arm to deflect the ball on the halfway line you get booked irrespective of whether the ball arrives at it's intended target afterward or not

We need to start pressuring the officials. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: we will never get consistently fair decisions from the referee unless we hound them just like every other team does.

I want Tim to come out after the game and excoriate that linesman. It might not be fair, but we really have to stop playing fair if we want to get anywhere. Excoriate that linesman, take the fine or ban or whatever the FA see fit to give him. Watch the next game from the stands, he seems to do that anyway when he feels he needs a tactical view, so it won't be too bad.

However...that doesn't mean we haven't been bad. We have, and the ineptness of that lino will serve only as a handy excuse for the team selection and performance today. City steamrollered us again, and it still hurts even though they're clearly a masterful side. What I will never understand is why our players constantly look exhausted: even after a 13 day rest, they looked tired and were second to every ball for large stretches of the game so far. City showed more energy and desire despite having played more recently and more frequently overall. Something's horribly wrong with our fitness and physio departments.

Sigh. Onwards and upwards.

Agreed. Take the ban. Take the fine. Just state the bleeding obvious, that the linesman was shockingly bad!

And while I agree City are the best team, I was optimistic we could get something from the game until the linesman ruined it with his crap decision. His blatant mistake robbed us of the chance to have a fair go at City.

Back