• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Am I the only one who thinks Gareth Barry doesn't deserve to be picked? He should never have been picked for England again after the last World Cup, looked like he was running in quicksand, and Ozil isn't even that quick!

Also, Henderson on standby ahead of Carrick WTF????

Am I the only one who thinks Gareth Barry doesn't deserve to be picked? He should never have been picked for England again after the last World Cup, looked like he was running in quicksand, and Ozil isn't even that quick!

fudging brick footballer. Absolute robbery that he has a fudging Premier League medal. He was a fudging left back thats been shafted in all sorts of positions and SOMEHOW ended up at Emirates Marketing Project, probably because Mark Hughes bought Prem proven players like him, Bellamy etc. instead of buying millions of foreign talent.

Carrick didn't want to be backup player, so he turned Roy down. I don't get how permanently injured Gerrard is considered better.

To be honest (and I know I've got my green-tinted glasses on), I'd compare Dunne favourably with any of the England CBs. And that's based more on his performances for Ireland than in the premiership... he's one of those players who really seems to lift his game when he's on international duty. That said, he's one of the few Irish players who'd make the English squad (let alone starting-11) right now. And I don't think much of the England squad! But there's not really much more that Trapattoni could have done (other than take Seamus Coleman - who I think should have been in the squad - and somehow convince Stephen Ireland to end his sulk).

All the same, I'll be hoping for a miracle against Spain, a minor miracle against Croatia, and a top class performance against Italy (who I think are there for the taking if we play out of our skins). In the end I expect us to pick up one point - but will be hoping for nine! :)

Spain or Germany. I went for Spain because even though their form hasn't been great since the World Cup, they're probably still the best team in Europe if they play to their potential.

I think Germany but I get the feeling some team might spring a surprise, or 'to do a Greece' as it is now known (or Chelsea)

Germany for me, just get the feeling Spain will be a little tired (mentally) after the last 2 qualifying campaigns and tournaments. Germany seem primed to gain another title to add to their collection.

Backing them in a win double at Paddys with RvP top scorer at 66/1

Outside shout, Portugal for me. Not a great deal about them aside from Cristiano but a few solid players knocking about and individuals like Nani who can step up on the day...

spain look to be coming to the end. no european team has ever won 3 tournaments in a row. germany are the obvious alternatives but i prefer the dutch. their front 6 pptions are amazing if they can defend anything like got a great chance.

So many people writing spain off; They have by far the best team in the world.

GK: Casillas

RB: Arbeloa
CB: Ramos
CB: Pique
LB: Alba

CDM: Alonso
CM: Xavi
CM: Fabregas

LW: Iniesta
ST: Llorente
RW: Silva

I think that's there side and check the quality out; No team will live with them.

The Germans aren't too shabby though

Neuer

Badstuber
Hummels

Lahm
Boateng/Schmelzer

Khedira
Schwensteiger

Reus/M??ller
G?Âtze/Kroos
?Âzil (Sch??rrle/Podolski)

Gomez (Klose)

It is exactly what Hogson went for, a team he can try to get organized, work hard (see his PL clubs except Pool)

The problem is, England isn't going to get to even the SF anyway, so why wimper out with a set of 0-0 draws and 0-2 losses? at least try to entertain and give younger players experience that England can use for the next WC.

I wonder what kind of targets that the FA set, or even how the bonus is paid out for the Euros. It seems that its geared on "minimum expectations" rather than
ambition, or even something longer term (like the next WC). It would also explain why Redknapp's volatile swashbucklying style wasn't opted for.

Who votes these FA clowns in anway and how are they funded? If there's any government funding involved, the people should demand some transparency and even a say in things!

FIFA don't allow politicians to meddle in the affairs of national FAs. Transparency would mean an end to all the brown envelopes.

He was one of City's most consistent players last season. Never rated him myself but purely on form would probably edge ahead of Carrick

Back