• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Germany at a canter.

Holland will do well but look a little weak at the back. Going forward though the quartet of RvP, Snejder, Rafa and Robben is pretty breathtaking.

Very difficult to tell in the Euros. Its shorter than the world cup so you need a good goalkeeper, a striker in form and a bit of luck and you've won it. Look at Greece.

In 1992, just before the tournament, yougoslavia got thrown out just before the competition. They called the danish, whose players were all getting drunk on the beach everywhere across the world.

Gerard Houllier famously said: " They will get thrashed every game, they wont be fit". They went on to win the competition.

Italy are a bit of a wild card. Other than Pirlo, De Rossi and Cassano I barely recognise a name in their squad. They've properly swept the decks like England needed to.

Italy are a bit of a wild card. Other than Pirlo, De Rossi and Cassano I barely recognise a name in their squad. They've properly swept the decks like England needed to.

But they have a striker (Di Natale) who can get you a goal and they can defend. You can never write the Italians off.

So many people writing spain off; They have by far the best team in the world.

GK: Casillas

RB: Arbeloa
CB: Ramos
CB: Pique
LB: Alba

CDM: Alonso
CM: Xavi
CM: Fabregas

LW: Iniesta
ST: Llorente
RW: Silva

I think that's there side and check the quality out; No team will live with them.

Judging by the mass negativity and all time low levels of expectancy I'd say this is England's best opportunity for quite some time with the pressure off both the manager and players. That being said I can't see past Germany......

Haven't Spain lost quite a few games over the last couple years?

(Someone check, I can't be arsed!)

Even if Hudd weren't injured, Henderson would still be picked ahead of him. Hodgson's England will eventually be a hard working, defensively sound unit who fails to excite in every way possible.

Back