• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Honestly, I love this German team. Upright, forward-looking, neat, technically good, nice to watch. A very appealing product overall and I'll be hoping they win the thing now, barring some other team dazzling me which I can't really see.

Really disappointed with Greece. They proved they are in the quarter finals only because of a stupid head-to-head rule. Expected them to make Germany work hard for win but instead they went down tamely. Still not convinced Germany has that magical touch to win this tournament. Unlike the West Germany of old, Germany has not looked like champions since the unification. They were lucky to win Euro96 but then went downhill until the 2006 World Cup at home. Still they just lack the invincibility like West Germany used to have to win major tournaments.

I think Spain-France match could drag on until the penalties. Both teams seems to be having problem scoring goals. Whoever wins it will find it tough playing against Ronaldo's Portugal. He suddenly seemed to have come alive in this tournament. But Portugal seems to rely entirely on him to progress and this could be their downfall.

FRANCE team to face Spain: Lloris; Reveillere, Rami, Koscielny, Clichy; Debuchy, M'Vila, Cabaye, Malouda, Ribery; Benzema

SPAIN team to face France: Casillas; Arbeloa, Ramos, Pique, Alba; Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi; Iniesta, Silva, Cesc Fabregas

FRANCE team to face Spain: Lloris; Reveillere, Rami, Koscielny, Clichy; Debuchy, M'Vila, Cabaye, Malouda, Ribery; Benzema

SPAIN team to face France: Casillas; Arbeloa, Ramos, Pique, Alba; Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi; Iniesta, Silva, Cesc Fabregas

No Llorente or any striker again? I hope they get pumped!

No Llorente or any striker again? I hope they get pumped!

Don't blame them. Playing Torres as the striker is as bad as playing without any striker. It is clear the Spain coach has more faith in their midfield than strikers. Just hope this match produces a goal or two and won't drag all the way to the penalty shootout.

Don't blame them. Playing Torres as the striker is as bad as playing without any striker. It is clear the Spain coach has more faith in their midfield than strikers. Just hope this match produces a goal or two and won't drag all the way to the penalty shootout.

Llorente has easily been one of the 10 best strikers in Europe this season and has had a far better couple of years than Torres let alone season. For him to have not even played 1 minute of football so far is a joke!

poor Llorente cant get a kick this tourney. its a shame as i think spain would do so much better with him in the team

poor Llorente cant get a kick this tourney. its a shame as i think spain would do so much better with him in the team

They wouldn't tbh as he simply doesn't fit their system and especially their style of play. Good player for sure but i get why he's continuously overlooked for Spain.

They wouldn't tbh as he simply doesn't fit their system and especially their style of play. Good player for sure but i get why he's continuously overlooked for Spain.

Surely at the very least he's a good plan B to bring on when they struggle to score? He's an aerial threat for sure and they have the likes of Jesus Navas to fire the crosses in.

Surely at the very least he's a good plan B to bring on when they struggle to score? He's an aerial threat for sure and they have the likes of Jesus Navas to fire the crosses in.

Oh for sure. That's exactly why he's been picked for the squad and i definitely think he offers a fantastic Plan B option should things not go according to plan (which is rare for Spain hence him not getting minutes).

Llorente would be one of the first names you'd choose if we had the option to turn a player English imo (Bale would also be up there). Him behind Rooney would be an awesome combination.

Back