• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Every fight I keep saying I want to see Joshua take a punch before I really start to believe he is as good as I think he is, but no one can get near him. He has the look of a real star of boxing. I can see him becoming a household name in the future.

Fury has a mandatory title shot coming up, and he's already hinted that him vs Wilder will be the fight after that. That will be good for the build up alone.

What are people's thoughts on Mayweather vs Pacquiao? I can't decide who I think is going to win, I change opinion every day. All out attack vs arguably the greatest ever defence. Is it Brazil vs Italy '70 or '82?
I think Mayweather will win, six years ago may have been a different story but Mayweather for me.

DisastrousPoshAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam.gif

rps.gif

Where's the funny pics and gifs thread btw? Has it gone to the Vice Den with all the other reprobates? ;)

UFC 189 was wow. The whole card, every fight was top drawer. The Lawler fight was an all time classic.

The main event - Conor McGregor v Chad Mendes was excellent also.

Thoroughly enjoyable

Yep some amazing fights!
Well done to Conor... was huge hype and pressure on him and he still delivered.

Talk that he did his ACL in the build up too.

That end of the Lawler fight was crazy. Rory had broken his nose and his foot and was still ahead before that finish!

So Froch retired then

I am a huge fan, love the any time any place anyone attitude.....just such a bad speaker

Anthony bloody Joshua!

That Whyte fella was giving it the biggun but he looked absolutely petrified after the fight.

Haven't seen the Groves fight but from what I've read the split decision was probably fair? put down in the first, rallied until half way to even it up but then faded from 8th-10th and held his own in the last two, never going to get a points win against one of Mayweathers stablemates in Vegas. Shame as Degale was waiting in the wings for a pretty huge all British unification fight too.

May weather zzzZZZzzZZz - Best of his generation no doubt but not sure how he will be remembered in years to come compared to some of the other greats.

I've only gone back a few pages but haven't seen any mention of Rousey. Surely the best fighter out there at the moment?

I've only gone back a few pages but haven't seen any mention of Rousey. Surely the best fighter out there at the moment?

She is damn good.. It's a shame there's no other huge talents in her weight class to challenge though. At some point we have to hope she will eventually face Cyborg. There's talk that it might finally happen soon and that would be a huge fight for her.

I read an amazing article in Boxing Monthly and to summarise it said "If you are the greatest of all time you don't have to wear a cap saying it"

Thought the article about Mayweathers relationship with USADA in SBNation was pretty interesting. A pretty long piece, but pretty strong indications that pretty boy has been up to some "juicy" stuff in his career.

No way IMO does he even come close to earning the moniker "goat".

Cyborg is taking a fight at 140 soon in Invicta in prep to try make 135 for the Rousey fight.

Unless she can catch Ronda with one of her flurries she will get taken down and arm-barred like the rest. Rouses best fight is still the 2nd fight with Tate, took her to the third round I think?

She didn't look as fit/focused as normal. I'm wondering whether her ventures outside the sport contributed? Also, really disappointed she didn't stick to her normal gameplan of taking it to the mat and going for the arm bar, rather than trying to go toe-to-toe with a seasoned and technically very strong boxer. Maybe she (and her team) believed after her last knockout win that she could beat Holm at her own game.

All credit to Holm, a devastating performance.

Rousey didn't seem 100%, however when she did clinch with Holm - Holm actually seemed stronger. I think that threw Ronda off

Very impressive performance from Holm. Rousey looked like a novice in there, when Holm pulled out of the armbar attempt it looked like she was completely bewildered as how to win.

It's probably good for the division though, opens alot of potential fights that would otherwise seem pointless.

Kiltscho vs Fury tonight. I'd like to see Fury win, if only to see how mad he could go if he actually was the champion. Head says Klitschko on points though.

James De Gale's defence tonight has gone unnoticed really. I don't like him that much, but he is a good boxer. I think he can beat Bute

Back