• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

I've never really watched Fury much, but I thought that was an excellent performance from him. Roughed Wlad up, landed more heavy punches and was the busier of the two...I watched on a foreign stream, so I didn't have any comms influencing me, but I thought Fury won it fairly easily and I'm pleased for him that he didn't get stitched up on the decision.

Well that was all a bit dull. 2 gangly men dancing around for an hour, Fury at least tried to land a few punches but Klitch did very, very little til the final round.

It was obvious Fury won by a distance, only one man tried to fight.

Really dull though, just lumbering around warily.

Caught the final few rounds and it typified why i don't follow boxing any more, as just consisted of 2 lumbering giants cuddling interspersed with the occasional wayward punch. Then having to listen to Fury once again talking crap afterwards like he's on WWE.

Just think: If Tyson Fury can be the heavyweight champion of the world, then surely we can win the league?!

That was awful till the end when Tyson won. Then it was sheer entertainment. The guy is hilarious. And a worthy champ in an awful heavyweight era.

Just think: If Tyson Fury can be the heavyweight champion of the world, then surely we can win the league?!

Yes.

Credit to him, he is now World Champion (abliet not the WBC, which I always classed as 'the title'), but quite frankly he is now the best of a poor bunch. Can you imagine any of this current crop up against Holmes,Ali,Frazier,Foreman,Tyson,etc....different gravy

I don't think he's a great boxer, but he knew how to beat Klitschko. Credit it to him. For a fairly dull fight, I was quite enthralled throughout.

Yes.

Credit to him, he is now World Champion (abliet not the WBC, which I always classed as 'the title'), but quite frankly he is now the best of a poor bunch. Can you imagine any of this current crop up against Holmes,Ali,Frazier,Foreman,Tyson,etc....different gravy
Heavyweight boxing has been really poor for some time now - must be 15 years since I was properly interested in it.

None of the recent champions would have a hope against proper boxers - even Lewis in his prime would have steamrollered through them all.

Heavyweight boxing has been really poor for some time now - must be 15 years since I was properly interested in it.

None of the recent champions would have a hope against proper boxers - even Lewis in his prime would have steamrollered through them all.
Frank Bruno would probably have stood a good chance against Klitschko, the way he performed on Saturday.

Frank Bruno would probably have stood a good chance against Klitschko, the way he performed on Saturday.
It wouldn't surprise me.

When a professional boxer gets beat by some scrappy gyppo, you know there's a problem with boxing.

I hope he fights someone else next other than an immediate rematch. Would be more interesting to see other people fighting for the belts for a while. I never want to see another Klitschko fight

I hope he fights someone else next other than an immediate rematch. Would be more interesting to see other people fighting for the belts for a while. I never want to see another Klitschko fight

Not even against Shannon Briggs?

It's a shame that the heavyweight division has become what it has. When I was growing up Tyson, Lewis and Hollyfield were about. Now there's not one big name fight you can make up to get excited about. I did hope that the Klitschko brothers would have a fight one day, that would've been huge, but more than understandable why they never did.

It's a shame that the heavyweight division has become what it has. When I was growing up Tyson, Lewis and Hollyfield were about. Now there's not one big name fight you can make up to get excited about. I did hope that the Klitschko brothers would have a fight one day, that would've been huge, but more than understandable why they never did.

You sound a touch younger than me, as I was growing up it was Frazier,Ali,Foreman then followed by Holmes,then Tyson. Some awesome fighters. But the Hagler,Hearns and Leonards were great fights too.
Sadly there aren't so many 'big name' fighters out there these days. It's got that way, I am actually looking forward to a Benn-Eubank rematch more than some of the current title fights

Back