• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Silva would beat jones? are you guys kidding me?

The fight will never happen as both are reluctant to fight one another but if they ever did Jones would win. I'm not even entirely sure silva would be able to beat a fit GSP let alone Jones.
Dana White has said that Silva is the best mixed martial artist of all-time, and I doubt many can doubt that.

Silva is a better fighter - black belt in BJJ, taekwondo, judo etc. Jones is a physical beast with great assets but Silva is on another level

I don't see gsp beating Silva, he might be one of the only men whose double will be good enough to get him down but how will he finish a man who can survive 5 rounds of ground and pound from sonnon, stand there and take clean punches from a light heavyweight and who has some of the best jujitsu around.

Jones is the only real challenge imo, and just because Silva is on another level technically doesn't mean he'll have the better of Jones - he's walked through the best the light heavyweight division has to offer for 18 months, at that weight he's dangerous no matter how good Silva is.

Tyson Fury has gone a bit nuts on twitter by the looks of things, saying he will chin Chisora, Haye and Price at the same time :D

Didn't he drop a belt recently to avoid fighting Price?

Furys Uncle is moaning how Prices team only offered 500k or something a while back but Fury said they could sell out an 80k stadium and they couldn't agree deal or something.. now everyone is talking about Price being the next Lennox and Fury seems to have got the hump cos his team can only get him fights with bums!

I love Anderson Silva, I loved how they were saying how much of a Ali fan he is and then 5 mins later he had his back up against the fence bobbing and weaving like the ol 'rope-a-dope lol.
They say if you're gonna be ****y then you better be bloody good and he is... he's the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

I'm also not sure about the GSP, Jones, Silva match-ups.. It erks me a bit that people can't just be heroes in their own field.. why do we have to say there can be only one lol.. the guy is 37 and gone 15 or 16 unbeaten in the UFC and people are still like.. ''what about him, or him etc''

I think people just want to see the big fights.

I want to see Silva vs. GSP/Jones for the pure spectacle, White wants to do 100,000 at Cowboys stadium, with one of those fights he probably could.

I also think Silva would chin them both... :D

Dana White has said that Silva is the best mixed martial artist of all-time, and I doubt many can doubt that.

Silva is a better fighter - black belt in BJJ, taekwondo, judo etc. Jones is a physical beast with great assets but Silva is on another level

Dana hates Jones so you have to take anything he says regarding jones with a pinch of salt.

I don't see gsp beating Silva, he might be one of the only men whose double will be good enough to get him down but how will he finish a man who can survive 5 rounds of ground and pound from sonnon, stand there and take clean punches from a light heavyweight and who has some of the best jujitsu around.

Jones is the only real challenge imo, and just because Silva is on another level technically doesn't mean he'll have the better of Jones - he's walked through the best the light heavyweight division has to offer for 18 months, at that weight he's dangerous no matter how good Silva is.

That's not a great achievement if truth be told. All Sonnen has is the ability to take someone down but when in the mount position he does diddly squat. His punches are ridiculously weak (obviously i'm comparing this to your average MMA fighter) so surviving 5 rounds of a sonnen ground and pound is no big feat at all.

Last edited:
You say that with alot of certainty.

If the bigger man doesn't fancy the fight what does that tell you??

It doesn't tell me much other then both fighters don't want to fight each other. If they ever do fight it would have to be Silva stepping up and he'd get his ass handed to him. Stephan fudging Bonnar? are you kidding me?

I like the idea of UFC, but whenever I watch the fights I get bored very quickly... any recommendations for a top fight to watch on youtube to help me change my mind?! Already watched the Silva vs Sonnon one and found it very dull... maybe it's just not for me.

My fav 3 fights:

3: Clay Guida vs Diego Sanchez
2: Matt Hughes VS BJ Penn 2
1: Forrest Griffin vs Stephan Bonner

And check out Pride F.C too, before the UFC took over the world of MMA Pride was BY FAR the best org in the world.

Wanderlei Silva vs. Rampage Jackson I & II, Fedor, young Shogun, Big Nog in his prime, Cro Cop etc.

I love Anderson Silva, I loved how they were saying how much of a Ali fan he is and then 5 mins later he had his back up against the fence bobbing and weaving like the ol 'rope-a-dope lol.
They say if you're gonna be ****y then you better be bloody good and he is... he's the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

I'm also not sure about the GSP, Jones, Silva match-ups.. It erks me a bit that people can't just be heroes in their own field.. why do we have to say there can be only one lol.. the guy is 37 and gone 15 or 16 unbeaten in the UFC and people are still like.. ''what about him, or him etc''

That's fighting mate, people compare guys from different eras, who would beat who etc...all part of the fun.

These guys are basically the same size, we aint comparing a 9 stone bloke and a Heavyweight......GSP vs Silva vs Jones are all within range of each other.

But yeah, Silva deserves massive erespect for his accomplishments.

I like the idea of UFC, but whenever I watch the fights I get bored very quickly... any recommendations for a top fight to watch on youtube to help me change my mind?! Already watched the Silva vs Sonnon one and found it very dull... maybe it's just not for me.
The more fights you watch (and get to understand about MMA), the more you get into the ground game. Every fight cannot be the same - and the extra elements of MMA make it more exciting than boxing, for me.

Back