• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Superspurs, what did you think to the last UFC event. Bisping grinding out another decent win... also seems to be winning over some of the US fans recently. Had some good support pre-fight and during the fight they seemed to be cheering evertime he got a take down etc.. Wasn't a spectactular win but I think he could end up fighting a title shot eliminator next.

Also Jones survived a bit of a scare with that arm bar.. he looked in pain after!

Superspurs, what did you think to the last UFC event. Bisping grinding out another decent win... also seems to be winning over some of the US fans recently. Had some good support pre-fight and during the fight they seemed to be cheering evertime he got a take down etc.. Wasn't a spectactular win but I think he could end up fighting a title shot eliminator next.

Also Jones survived a bit of a scare with that arm bar.. he looked in pain after!

It was decent, considering the merry go round that is injuries and scraped fights in the UFC at the moment it went off quite well.

Good win for Bisping, Stann is dangerous on the feet but Bisping is a pretty solid punch and move fighter, minus the Hendo fight... LOL. He has the game to be up there or at least get himself a title shot, I think he will get one next year, probably when Silva decides to go 205 for the last stint of his career or retire. If he does he will fight in England for it 100%, UFC always do well over here. The yanks are starting to like him big time, he's been in some good fights, they love Sonnen and he nearly beat him so he's now seen as a solid fighter, also he gives the MMA press great stuff so they big him up now.

Rest of the card was good, the Flyweight fight was a good scrap, crowd not getting into it was a shame but its a very technical division, don't see that many finishes which always annoys the yokels in the crowd.

Good ol' Vitor could have had Jones arm, apparently he did nerve damage so that might see him out for a while. Not a big Jones fan, more because he's an arrogant pr*ck, I think Machida will end his reign when they fight again.

Awesome card tomorrow night in Nottingham:

Stefan Struve vs. Stipe Miocic
Dan Hardy vs. Amir Sadollah
John Hathaway vs. John Maguire
Brad Pickett vs. Yves Jabouin
Paul Sass vs. Matt Wiman
Che Mills vs. Duane Ludwig

4 Brits on the card, Hardy and Pickett being the highlights for me and what should be a pretty stand up main event. Won't have to stay up till 5am to watch it either!

It was decent, considering the merry go round that is injuries and scraped fights in the UFC at the moment it went off quite well.

Good win for Bisping, Stann is dangerous on the feet but Bisping is a pretty solid punch and move fighter, minus the Hendo fight... LOL. He has the game to be up there or at least get himself a title shot, I think he will get one next year, probably when Silva decides to go 205 for the last stint of his career or retire. If he does he will fight in England for it 100%, UFC always do well over here. The yanks are starting to like him big time, he's been in some good fights, they love Sonnen and he nearly beat him so he's now seen as a solid fighter, also he gives the MMA press great stuff so they big him up now.

Rest of the card was good, the Flyweight fight was a good scrap, crowd not getting into it was a shame but its a very technical division, don't see that many finishes which always annoys the yokels in the crowd.

Good ol' Vitor could have had Jones arm, apparently he did nerve damage so that might see him out for a while. Not a big Jones fan, more because he's an arrogant pr*ck, I think Machida will end his reign when they fight again.

Awesome card tomorrow night in Nottingham:

Stefan Struve vs. Stipe Miocic
Dan Hardy vs. Amir Sadollah
John Hathaway vs. John Maguire
Brad Pickett vs. Yves Jabouin
Paul Sass vs. Matt Wiman
Che Mills vs. Duane Ludwig

4 Brits on the card, Hardy and Pickett being the highlights for me and what should be a pretty stand up main event. Won't have to stay up till 5am to watch it either!

I agree about Jones not being that likable, i'm hoping it's just going to be a phase cos I liked the honesty about being scared his title was about to go when he was close to losing his arm.. he also admitted he needs to work more on his jujitsu.

Yeah I love watching Dan Hardy fights.. I know he's not a great all round fighter but he will stand and trade which is always good to watch! Speaking of stand up fighters, where's Paul Daley at lately? Has he fought lately?

Bellator I believe, so in their WW tourney sooner or later to get a shot at Ben Askren, who's the most boring fighter on the planet!

I agree about Jones not being that likable, i'm hoping it's just going to be a phase cos I liked the honesty about being scared his title was about to go when he was close to losing his arm.. he also admitted he needs to work more on his jujitsu.

Yeah I love watching Dan Hardy fights.. I know he's not a great all round fighter but he will stand and trade which is always good to watch! Speaking of stand up fighters, where's Paul Daley at lately? Has he fought lately?

Paul Daley got kicked out of UFC for hitting or trying to his Koschek after the fight had finished. Think he went to Japan after that. Shame because he could throw some heavy hits.

Paul Daley got kicked out of UFC for hitting or trying to his Koschek after the fight had finished. Think he went to Japan after that. Shame because he could throw some heavy hits.

Koschek is the biggest piece of brick in the UFC so it's understandable.

I still don't get why Jones isn't likeable tbh. He's always honest and is the best pound for pound fighter in the UFC (and will go down as one of the greatest in UFC history). The only fight he 'lost' was down to a stupid ref.

I still don't get why Jones isn't likeable tbh. He's always honest and is the best pound for pound fighter in the UFC (and will go down as one of the greatest in UFC history). The only fight he 'lost' was down to a stupid ref.

Think Anderson Silva might have something to say about that TBH.

I still don't get why Jones isn't likeable tbh
. He's always honest and is the best pound for pound fighter in the UFC (and will go down as one of the greatest in UFC history). The only fight he 'lost' was down to a stupid ref.

no idea either. he's a family man, devout christian, humble and respectful imo and always has time for the fans. the same ****s saying he is arrogant are probably the same people cheering chael sonnen which makes no sense at all

Ah the guy that is continuously ducking Jones to the point that he said he'd fight anyone but Jones...yeh don't think so.

Jones was the one turning down fights recently, that's why his popularity took a bit of a nose dive...

Jones was the one turning down fights recently, that's why his popularity took a bit of a nose dive...

i would turn the fight down too if i've been training for months to fight a striker and then my boss tries to feed me a wrestler with only 8 days to go.

i would turn the fight down too if i've been training for months to fight a striker and then my boss tries to feed me a wrestler with only 8 days to go.

exactly, sonnen is a tough bastard who will give anyone a good run. fighting someone like him with 8 days notice is crazy

Back