• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

They've since met face to face and cleared the air or thats what they have told the media so fair enough. Dana might hold grudges but he'll always do what's best for UFC and jones Anderson is the fight everyone wants to see i'm sure Dana will be pushing for it.

Sounds like a pussy move really....

It was, Jones had trained for Henderson who is a wrestler with massive KO power in his right hand. Sonnen who said he'd step in when Hendo got injured, is a wrestler, doesn't have KO power and was moving up in weight after getting beaten by Anderson Silva!

Dana and Jones haven't seen eye to eye since Jones refused to fight Sonnen on short notice, thus forcing the PPV to be cancelled

Even before that you could tell Dana wasn't a big Jones fan (or maybe it's his personality he didn't like).

Sonnen vs Jones? Jones will own him.

Even before his long injury layoff, GSP was showing signs of a decline. At this stage i can't see any other result but a Silva win.

Silva vs Jones is a toughie. The only way Jones wins is by taking it to the ground, which i think he'll be able to do faily easily. But Silva has ridiculously good ground defence which should counter Jones ground and pound and submissions. Jones can win a decision by taking him and keeping him down, as i'm not overly convinced by Silvas attacking abilities on his back.

Even before his long injury layoff, GSP was showing signs of a decline. At this stage i can't see any other result but a Silva win.

Silva vs Jones is a toughie. The only way Jones wins is by taking it to the ground, which i think he'll be able to do faily easily. But Silva has ridiculously good ground defence which should counter Jones ground and pound and submissions. Jones can win a decision by taking him and keeping him down, as i'm not overly convinced by Silvas attacking abilities on his back.

In what way has GSP declined? :|

It's nothing obvious but then again i'm a GSP fanboy so i tend to over analyse him. But in his last cople of fights i've noticed more of a reluctance to engage, he's not quite as explosive (especially with his shots for takedowns), reactions are down too. He got hit by a punch and i was like whoa, that never happens (Serra fight aside!). He still dominates and wins impressively but there was just some things that made me thinks he's at his pinnacle but is now looking down the hill, rather than up.

His wrestling though is still unreal and despite his size diadvantage i thing he could out wrestle Silva

It's nothing obvious but then again i'm a GSP fanboy so i tend to over analyse him. But in his last cople of fights i've noticed more of a reluctance to engage, he's not quite as explosive (especially with his shots for takedowns), reactions are down too. He got hit by a punch and i was like whoa, that never happens (Serra fight aside!). He still dominates and wins impressively but there was just some things that made me thinks he's at his pinnacle but is now looking down the hill, rather than up.

His wrestling though is still unreal and despite his size diadvantage i thing he could out wrestle Silva

I think the Serra fight made him a lot more cautious. The way he trains and looks after himself he wouldn't have declined pre injury. Be interesting to see how he performs against Condit.

He'll beat Condit, dominating UD. GSP won't take the risks to go full out to get a stoppage and Condit has nothing for his wrestling.

GSP is a fantastic athlete, immense fighter, just boring as fook.

He'll beat Condit, dominating UD. GSP won't take the risks to go full out to get a stoppage and Condit has nothing for his wrestling.

GSP is a fantastic athlete, immense fighter, just boring as fook.

Fully agree, although I quite enjoyed the Koscheck fight... He literally jabbed him to death.. Koscheck was put in his place and his face was a mess. I know he should've tried to finish him but didn't stop me enjoying it (i hate Koscheck!)

Kell Brook tonight anyone watching it? He's our next big hope.

This fight will make or break him.

Fully agree, although I quite enjoyed the Koscheck fight... He literally jabbed him to death.. Koscheck was put in his place and his face was a mess. I know he should've tried to finish him but didn't stop me enjoying it (i hate Koscheck!)

Koscheck had 1 eye for 3 rounds and GSP didn't once step out of his comfort zone to finish it, respect the man, he is top notch but Christ I can't watch another 5 round bore fest. And I'm someone who really does enjoy the ground game in MMA.

But yeh watching Koscheck take a jab whoppin' was fun :D

Ah forgot about Brook tonight, nice one Yiddo.

Back