• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

The yank Joshua fought was pretty tough and brave. We still don't know what Joshua can do against someone with speed who has some weapons of their own to fight with though. I think Fury would beat Joshua at the minute, assuming he hasn't lost the plot.

AJ needs to step up in class and quick for me.

That fight yesterday was not him selling out the O2 it was as much to do with Groves v Murray which was HUGE.

If AJ does not step up in class soon people are gonna get bored

Golovkin v Eubank has all but been agreed. Contracts are due to be signed tomorrow, but Eubank Snr. has thrown the fight up in the air by claiming sky need to back his son more. Either he wants more money or now its got to the stage where he will have to face GGG they are having doubts.

I don't like Eubank jnr, he tries to copy his dad too much instead of forming his own identity.

Joshua will hopefully face Parker next, and will be tested by him. Still yet to see great boxing skills from Joshua, and he can't realistically expect to blast people with his power for his whole career. Needs to stop claiming he's learning as an excuse for poor opposition. He's world champion now.

Anyone see Thurman vs Porter? Fight of the year contender

Golovkin v Eubank has all but been agreed. Contracts are due to be signed tomorrow, but Eubank Snr. has thrown the fight up in the air by claiming sky need to back his son more. Either he wants more money or now its got to the stage where he will have to face GGG they are having doubts.

I don't like Eubank jnr, he tries to copy his dad too much instead of forming his own identity.

Joshua will hopefully face Parker next, and will be tested by him. Still yet to see great boxing skills from Joshua, and he can't realistically expect to blast people with his power for his whole career. Needs to stop claiming he's learning as an excuse for poor opposition. He's world champion now.

Chris Eubank snr needs to shut up and just let his son get on with his career. Loved him as a fighter but he is trying so hard to be slightly controversial and outspoken in any press conference on a variety of issues, normally totally unrelated to whatever is going on and it is overshadowing Junior. The stuff with Dave Coldwell was just embarrassing and totally uncalled for as well as the exchanges with Conor Benn. Junior as well needs to remember that being your own person goes a long way. The over the top moodiness and borderline disrepect of opponents is not endearing and will leave him in a worse position than it did his father given the coverage boxers get in this era.

Joshua-Parker is a mandatory and will probably be in late Oct/early Nov. Haven't seen a lot of Parker, watched his last fight against Takam who caused him problems when in close despite putting in a lazy performance otherwise (Takam). Parker claims he was unwell so I will give him the benefit of the doubt but he didn't seem like you had to go looking for him and that style of being easy to hit is not good if you are facing Joshua. I thought that AJ took his time, it would have been easy to rush and go mad for an instant KO when he badly buzzed Breazeale in round 2 but he was patient and it was worthwhile him getting some rounds in imo.

Haven't seen the Thurman-Porter fight yet, gonna watch it on catch up but I like the look of Thurman. With Porter you know what you are getting, he works over the 12 rounds without actually really looking outstanding but he is a tough fighter to beat. Would like to see Brook take on Thurman if he manages to beat Jessie Vargas in September. He will have the WBO and IBF then with Thurman being WBA title holder. If Brook could win that then he really would have his pick and a fight for unification against Danny Garcia would have to follow.

Last edited:

Wow just checked some highlights, looked like a proper all out brawl for 12 rounds. Miss those fights.

WW is picking up again, with Brook V Vargas confirmed could be some big fights early next year. Wonder if Khan will call out Thurman after that.

Can't see GGG being worried, I'd expect him to beat Eubank jr. Canelo must be running scared to organise yet another fight against someone else despite calling him out in the ring.

Golovkin back and forth for the past month with Eubank jnr, and out of nowhere he gets announced to face Kell Brook.

Must admit I didn't see it coming, Eubank must have out priced himself. I don't give Brook much chance, but a smart business move. His profile will grow and won't lose his belt. But by the time he's back to welterweight Errol Spence will be mandatory and will beat Brook before unifying the division.

Good luck to Kell, but can't see it going to well. Still, as you say he will not lose his title as he's stepping up & if he can offer noble resistance then he will gain respect. There's also the fact he's been waiting for Fast Car to give him a big fight & this will be a career high pay-day.

Strange but interesting I guess.

GGG couldn't get Canelo, then he couldn't get Eubank Jr. Brook couldn't get Khan, then couldn't get Vargas, so here we are. Brook's on a hiding to nothing really, will lose his 0 but will get a nice big pay day and if he gives a decent account of himself he will certainly raise his profile.

Listening to Eddie Hearn speaking to Kugan Cassius then it would appear that Chris Eubank senior has again got a little bit too involved and started making some fairly outlandish demands. Allegedly wanted complete operational control of the night and ticket prices to be near on double what they were for the last Joshua fight as well as an increase on the PPV pricing. In addition, also wanted to stipulate the entire undercard and how much they would be paid and who would be lead commentator for the fight.

In short, Eubank is losing the plot. He keeps making reference to his son as 'we', it's clearly a case of him being unable to accept his career in boxing terms is done and is therefore being over the top with his involvement in negotiations with a delusional perspective of his son's ability/achievements to date.

Junior should really take a long look at this and realise that his father is damaging his reputation and career, he really does need to take a backseat. Numerous trainers have left the fold because Eubank is too involved and Junior needs to wake up and smell the coffee if he wants to achieve anything.

I think its a good fight for Brook personally. He is a big welterweight and probably should be at super welterweight anyway so its realistically only a 1 weight class jump but in the 8 week time frame it might be asking a lot. It's win-win really. He doesn't lose his IBF title so he can go back down and defend if he gets a good fight like Thurman, Vargas or Garcia and at the same time has a chance at beating the pound for pound no.1 fighter on the planet. Golovkin is a very good fighter but he doesn't have one elite level name on his record which is also the same situation for Brook with the exception of his win over Porter. This is a big test for both of them and a chance to really make a statement about their respective abilities.

If Golovkin wins then I don't see him being able to remain at Middleweight any longer, there just isn't any decent fights for him there and imo he will have to step up to 168Ibs to get some real quality match ups. If Brook wins then it paves the way for a huge domestic fight against Chris Eubank jnr or Billy Joe Saunders at Middleweight or mega money bouts against Cotto/Canelo at Jnr Middleweight.

Hearn is far from the savior of boxing he is made out to be in my opinion.

Brook taking a two weight hike to fight GGG at this point in his career is bad advice. He is a prime boxer at his weight and should have looked to unify before taking this kind of fight.

Such a bad bad move

Hearn is far from the savior of boxing he is made out to be in my opinion.

Brook taking a two weight hike to fight GGG at this point in his career is bad advice. He is a prime boxer at his weight and should have looked to unify before taking this kind of fight.

Such a bad bad move

I'd guess he's taken the fight for exposure and in part because of the criticism he's received for fighting low level opponents for his three defences

I'd guess he's taken the fight for exposure and in part because of the criticism he's received for fighting low level opponents for his three defences

I get that in mainstream media terms, but in boxing circles it makes no sense as Brook is a big name, he is Champ so not like Khan v Canelo and if as Champ you bide your time by fighting lessers till the Garcias, Thurmans or Vargas come to unify then for me thats what you do. This fight against GGG is all risk no reward

I get that in mainstream media terms, but in boxing circles it makes no sense as Brook is a big name, he is Champ so not like Khan v Canelo and if as Champ you bide your time by fighting lessers till the Garcias, Thurmans or Vargas come to unify then for me thats what you do. This fight against GGG is all risk no reward

Completely disagree tbh. He struggles to make welterweight and will probably be just off GGG come fight night as they have a saturday check weight. Its a winnable fight in my eyes for Brook, Golovkin as talented as he undoubtedly is has not really fought anybody of an elite level and certainly not an unbeaten champion who will be carrying plenty of power to throw back.

If it goes wrong then he has lost nothing, he can go back down to welterweight again and defend his titles. If he wins then not only has he just deposed the P4P best fighter on the planet but taken his belts too and the world is his oyster. I don't see this as similar to Khan-Canelo at all. That was a terrible mismatch not just on size but the sheer fact that Khan has an awful chin and is not the best defensively whereas Brook and GGG will be a similar weight with an inch difference in height.

Golovkin back and forth for the past month with Eubank jnr, and out of nowhere he gets announced to face Kell Brook.

Must admit I didn't see it coming, Eubank must have out priced himself. I don't give Brook much chance, but a smart business move. His profile will grow and won't lose his belt. But by the time he's back to welterweight Errol Spence will be mandatory and will beat Brook before unifying the division.

Brook has recently done a mandatory defence, even after this one he can probably have another 2 fights before he needs to do another one.

I don't think he'll win but he's big for a WW and punches hard. GGG also doesn't look that bulky for a middleweight so you never know but I'd expect a late KO or points win for GGG.

Good to have a decent fight lined up though, hasn't been too much lately. Ward Kovalev later this year too.

Back