• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

The mouthpiece Khan slagging off Kel Brook yet again, I'd love to see Brook knock his head off !!

Brook tweeted he was waiting for Khan before he was off the canvas this weekend. He is a good fighter, but since beating Porter he has fought bum after bum and developed neither his ability nor his profile. Hearn has a tendency to protect his title holding fighters with easy defences. Errol Spence has called out Brook, who is a superstar in the making. They will dodge him as he is dangerous.

I reckon he will fight Garcia again

Mandatory for the WBC. If he can stick to his game plan, Khan can beat Garcia

Brook tweeted he was waiting for Khan before he was off the canvas this weekend. He is a good fighter, but since beating Porter he has fought bum after bum and developed neither his ability nor his profile. Hearn has a tendency to protect his title holding fighters with easy defences. Errol Spence has called out Brook, who is a superstar in the making. They will dodge him as he is dangerous.

Yeh Hearn has a double edged side to him

Send boxers abroad to get beaten up, if they win the belt either protect them, like Brook or get them a quick a pay day as they can....Like Darren Barker.

Brook has to fight someone decent next really, most annoying thing about boxing is people only having 2 fights a year generally. I like that Joshua has 2/3 months between fights. If you keep yourself fit and train regularly then you can fight more regularly.

I remember reading that Floyd used to train every day so he was always ready for this reason though granted he didn't fight very regularly either.

I remember fighters going once a quarter, I remember seeing Lennox Lewis knock someone out and go in against someone insane 3 months later and knock him out..

Joshua has fought regularly but a lot of his opponents have been of a quality that allows him to do so easily.

I want to see Joshua in a tough match. His hardest fight so far has been Dillan Whyte who, despite Sky's insistence, is nothing better than British level.

Luis Ortiz v Joshua would be a good heavyweight bout, but seeing as Joshua is on Showtime and Ortiz on HBO, it won't be anytime soon.

To be fair he's still not very experienced in fight terms despite the belt, needs to build up slowly this year I think then expand out more next year. No sense going for the biggest prizes right now, he has time to develop a career.

Canelo vacated as the GGG fight wasn't organised in time.

GGG is a monster but I'd back Canelo in the fight (which will eventually happen)

On another note, Mayweather vs McGregor - nothing but smokescreens and power plays from both. Mayweather can drive up his brand again and ultimately demand 9 figures for his comeback, all the while keeping his real opponent out of the limelight (Canny Garcia reportedly), and McGregor can show he himself generates more media interest than all other UFC fighters combined. Footage has been released of him sparring and he certainly isn't the boxer capable of beating May weather.

Yeh Mayweather is going to come back, its nailed on really, he loves the limelight and the money too much.

Nice weekend of boxing ahead

Canelo vacated as the GGG fight wasn't organised in time.

GGG is a monster but I'd back Canelo in the fight (which will eventually happen)

I hope it does happen. I understand the need for deadlines but thought Canelo was poor for vacating.

I read somewhere that this was an avoidance tactic by Saul?
Negotiating tactic IMO. If it had gone to purse bid (it would have if the two parties hadn't been able to make a deal by May 24, which seemed unlikely), the split would have been 55-45 (in favor of Canelo) since Golvkin is the WBC interim titleholder. Canelo is the much bigger attraction, so that wouldn't have worked for him and his team.
Now they can use more time to get the best deal for them.
It sucks, though, I'm not a big fan of the political side of boxing.

Negotiating tactic IMO. If it had gone to purse bid (it would have if the two parties hadn't been able to make a deal by May 24, which seemed unlikely), the split would have been 55-45 (in favor of Canelo) since Golvkin is the WBC interim titleholder. Canelo is the much bigger attraction, so that wouldn't have worked for him and his team.
Now they can use more time to get the best deal for them.
It sucks, though, I'm not a big fan of the political side of boxing.

Could well be right, I hope this fight happens, problem is GG is 34 so many more years and it will be past its prime fight

Back