• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Dos Santos was absolutely dreadful. I'm surprised Cain didn't knock him out as his hands were by his knees for most of the fight. I cannot believe how bad his technique and cardio were compared to his previous fights, seems like he's been lazy in training camp. Well done to Velasquez, though. Just goes to show that if you have the heart and drive to work hard enough, then on the night you can beat anyone. That Antonio Silva fight showed that he was ready to come back and seriously challenge for the crown.

What a shame for Dos Santos, I'm so shocked at hoe badly he performed. He could be a UFC legend, but with commitment and performances like that then he won't be in contention for a while.

Likely he was looking past Cain at Overeem, who Cain will absolutely destroy.
Yeah I think Overeem will get banged out - Cain is so much more intense and has much better wrestling and ground and pound. Overeem's stand-up is good but his cardio isn't the best as he's so large. Would be a great fight, though. Still needs to beat Big foot Silva though (which he should)!

That was special, Bernard Hopkins new IBF light heavyweight world champion at 48 years of age, and he's planning on going on for 5 more years!

Anyone watch GSP v Diaz at the weekend...

Another dominant yet dull as dishwater defence for GSP. The man is a legend (just not the most exciting!)

However... The Condit v Hendricks fight was quality! Proper scrap from two heavy-handed guys. I gotta say I think Hendricks has more chance than Diaz ever had at GSP. He's got real power in his left hand and he's an amazing wrestler, so GSP shouldn't be able to man-handle his way to victory like he has for the majority of his last few fights.

GSP vs. Diaz was the fight everyone expected to see but hoped they wouldn't... for all of Nicks taunting and jibes he couldn't get GSP into a brawl, one his boxing would have been a lot more effective in. End of the day though the fight was standing for 13 of the 25 minutes, so not like Diaz didn't have his window. What annoyed me was when they were standing Diaz was far more interested in talking to GSP, dropping his hands and not actually engaging, when he did engage at the end of the 3rd round he landed 3-4 combos that left GSP with a bloodied face, he didn't have any intensity or drive at all. Disappointing.

GSP gets a lot of stick about his style since the Serra fight but it is what it is. He still draws big PPV numbers and is impressive to watch, it's a shame his awesome, exciting stand up game has been missing since Serra TKO'd him 12 fights ago.

Hendricks vs. Condit was a fantastic fight, best on the card by a mile, both guys eating huge bombs, great technical stand up, some pretty boring wrestling from Hendricks but good bottom game from Condit made it interesting. Hendricks more than deserves his shot at GSP, he might be able to defend some of the take downs and that left hook could well stop the champ, he has a very strong chance.

Gustafsson vs. Mousasi next, good stand up fight in the offering there, followed by UFC 159 and a little Jones vs. Sonnen to look forward to.

Yeah, I was hoping Diaz would realise he was 3 rounds down and start engaging but he was just taunting (and getting the occasional jab in the face!)

I'm not sure I heard right during the commentary but did they say they are doing a female Ultimate Fighter season next?

White said that it would be Ronda Rousey as a coach, along with the winner of Cat Zingano vs Miesha Tate.

The house will be 50% female, 50% male, probably trying to get some friction from blokes who won't like taking direction from a woman...

How on earth did Hendricks win that Condit fight? Hendricks may have taken him down over 10 times but what damage did he actually cause to him on top? Hardly much. If anything, Condit was landing more shots from the bottom with elbows, punches etc coming off - and Condit was hardly on his back for long when he did get taken down, he managed to get up quite easily.

Those judges were awful, Condit clearly won the fight and was denied his chance at re-matching GSP in a fight that was GSP's biggest test for a while now. Speaking of GSP, zzzzzzzz. He may be a draw and a phenomenal athletes - but this is a fighting sport. People that look to win by decision don't cut it for me, either submitting someone or knocking them out is the way to go. GSP may have a lot of fans but he doesn't fight to entertain them, and that irks me.

No way was that a draw, Bellew was thoroughly outclassed by Chilemba, and he's the one complaining like a bitch? I guess bad judging isn't limited to the U.S.

No way was that a draw, Bellew was thoroughly outclassed by Chilemba, and he's the one complaining like a bitch? I guess bad judging isn't limited to the U.S.

I think a fitting response to this is your avatar picture. How did Chilemba outclass Bellew? Neither man outclass the other, it was a boring fight, but I think Bellew just about did enough to warrant the win. Chilemba didn't do anything of note until the 7th

I was also wondering if the 4 point swing from the first judge could have had anything to do with the handbags after the first round? Could Bellew be docked points for what he did? If so then he deserves the loss, because that was childish and pathetic

Just seen this, Bellew seems to be another in the long line of boxers that are built up all the way to World title level before realising that they are just about good enough for the next level down. We seem to have so many of them at the moment, all trying to get that world title title fight but not quite good enough to back it up. Not that it's such a bad thing, there's a lot fighters at the minute that will all have decent careers and hopefully plenty of good domestic match-ups to be made.. It just seems a shame that one by one recently they are all coming up short when they get close to fighting for a title belt.

Just seen this, Bellew seems to be another in the long line of boxers that are built up all the way to World title level before realising that they are just about good enough for the next level down. We seem to have so many of them at the moment, all trying to get that world title title fight but not quite good enough to back it up. Not that it's such a bad thing, there's a lot fighters at the minute that will all have decent careers and hopefully plenty of good domestic match-ups to be made.. It just seems a shame that one by one recently they are all coming up short when they get close to fighting for a title belt.

I also watched the fight and echo what you say about the amount of fighters we have knocking on the top, TOP level. Bellew gave Cleverly a few scares from what I remember too, been waiting a long time to see Clev against Hopkins or at that level, a real test.

Same as the domestic Heavyweight scene at the moment, the likes of Price and Fury are decent fighters but both would get chinned at elite level, Price got taken out before he could even hit that level, although I see him taking the rematch...

Having seen the Bellew fight I can't for the life of me see how that judge gave it 116-112 Chilemba, he had the better of it from R7 onwards but Bellew still nicked a few rounds here and there imo, very strange judging but I agreed with the overall result. If Bellew wants to fight at that world title level then he can't let fights like this pass him by.

When is the Kell Brook fight finally happening? another massive British prospect who has finally got his shot...

I see that Haye is making noise again, I do like him and would love to see him get another crack at a world title.

Last edited:
Well this time Haye is having to fight to be the number one contender instead of talking his way into a title match like he did previously. His scrap with Chisora made him a laughing stock, and the Klitschkos are very professional, not interested in the gimmicks that Haye brings with his circus. He is going to have to earn a shot

Should be a great night for boxing fans: Amir Khan VS Julio Diaz, Danny Garcia VS Zab Judah & UFC 159 with the main event, Jon Jones VS Chael Sonnen =D>

Back