• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

I think Usyk was thinking, 'im not sure what you're saying, BUT if you think you've got problems....'

The problem AJ has is simple...he keeps losing and doesn't look a very good boxer.
Round 9 made me laugh, AJ made some in roads...then Usyk boxed his ears off in round 10

.....just to add...one judge thought AJ won that:rolleyes:

A "historic" heavyweight unification fight between Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk "will be made", says the Briton's promoter Frank Warren.

Ukrainian Usyk retained his WBA, WBO and IBF titles with a split-decision win over Anthony Joshua on Saturday.

This month WBC champion Fury said he would stay retired. After Usyk's win he said he "would annihilate them - get your cheque book out".

"He and Usyk would be a really good fight," Warren told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"It's a fight that I think will be made because both teams would like to see that happen."

Britain's Lennox Lewis was the last undisputed heavyweight champion after beating Evander Holyfield in 1999.

Since 2007 the undisputed heavyweight championship has included the WBO title, and there has never been a fight where all four belts were on the line.

Fury remains unbeaten after 33 fights. After extending his unbeaten record to 20-0, Usyk said: "If I'm not fighting Tyson Fury, I'm not fighting at all."

Warren said: "Usyk said after the fight that it's the only fight he's interested in, and it's certainly the same case with Tyson.

"It's just a matter of where it will generate the most income because it's a unique fight, a historic fight.

"It's the first time for GHod knows how long that the four belts are on the line. Both fighters are undefeated. The whole world of boxing will be captivated by this fight."

In failing to reclaim the titles he lost to Usyk in September 2021, Briton Joshua suffered a third defeat in his past five fights.

Although Joshua has now lost his belts, Warren said an all-British clash between Fury and Joshua could still happen "down the road maybe".

He said: "If AJ manages to get a couple of wins under his belt - and I believe Tyson will beat Usyk - that may be a fight to be made.

"But AJ's got to re-establish himself before you can even think about fights like tha

A "historic" heavyweight unification fight between Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk "will be made", says the Briton's promoter Frank Warren.

Ukrainian Usyk retained his WBA, WBO and IBF titles with a split-decision win over Anthony Joshua on Saturday.

This month WBC champion Fury said he would stay retired. After Usyk's win he said he "would annihilate them - get your cheque book out".

"He and Usyk would be a really good fight," Warren told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"It's a fight that I think will be made because both teams would like to see that happen."

Britain's Lennox Lewis was the last undisputed heavyweight champion after beating Evander Holyfield in 1999.

Since 2007 the undisputed heavyweight championship has included the WBO title, and there has never been a fight where all four belts were on the line.

Fury remains unbeaten after 33 fights. After extending his unbeaten record to 20-0, Usyk said: "If I'm not fighting Tyson Fury, I'm not fighting at all."

Warren said: "Usyk said after the fight that it's the only fight he's interested in, and it's certainly the same case with Tyson.

"It's just a matter of where it will generate the most income because it's a unique fight, a historic fight.

"It's the first time for GHod knows how long that the four belts are on the line. Both fighters are undefeated. The whole world of boxing will be captivated by this fight."

In failing to reclaim the titles he lost to Usyk in September 2021, Briton Joshua suffered a third defeat in his past five fights.

Although Joshua has now lost his belts, Warren said an all-British clash between Fury and Joshua could still happen "down the road maybe".

He said: "If AJ manages to get a couple of wins under his belt - and I believe Tyson will beat Usyk - that may be a fight to be made.

"But AJ's got to re-establish himself before you can even think about fights like tha

Interestingly now Usyk v Fury probably clears ALOT more money than AJ v Fury because lets be frank, AJs appeal has gone and this weekend was the final nail.

No Hearn has to work out how he gets fans and sponsors up for AJ v Whyte III.........which now on paper looks a stinker

Interestingly now Usyk v Fury probably clears ALOT more money than AJ v Fury because lets be frank, AJs appeal has gone and this weekend was the final nail.

No Hearn has to work out how he gets fans and sponsors up for AJ v Whyte III.........which now on paper looks a stinker

I reckon he should try for AJ V Wilder, much more attractive fight. Risk is Wilder pulls out a KO then I think AJ would have to retire.

I reckon he should try for AJ V Wilder, much more attractive fight. Risk is Wilder pulls out a KO then I think AJ would have to retire.

I reckon it'll be someone more like Dillian Whyte. But you are right, Wilder would be a huge fight still, Just too risky at this stage I think

AJ vs. Wilder is the fight to make at some point, proper 3-4 round shootout and probably the final big payday for either of them.

Maybe I'm alone in this thought but Fury vs. Uysk sounds really fudging dull to me.

AJ vs. Wilder is the fight to make at some point, proper 3-4 round shootout and probably the final big payday for either of them.

Maybe I'm alone in this thought but Fury vs. Uysk sounds really fudging dull to me.
I think you're right. Both men are boxing savvy. Calculated. Fury won't have any hate for Usyk either. He'll be wary of his boxing skills so will probably want to display his own in a boxing purist shoot out kind of way?

I think you're right. Both men are boxing savvy. Calculated. Fury won't have no hate for Usyk either. He'll be wary of his boxing skills so will probably want to display his own in a boxing purist shoot out kind of way?

From a purist point of view it may well be great, but I think it will just be another Fury vs. Wlad, you don't see many highlights from that fight in the montages...

Think some fresh heavyweight blood needs to turn up....these part 2 part 3 fights are not that interesting. Most of them are known quantities now.

That's what I meant, it won't feel like there is any jeopardy or about to explode any minute.

I would like to see Usyk in jeopardy, think Fury can outpoint him for 8-10 rounds and then see what he does to try and win a fight, that scenario is about the only thing that interests me about the fight.

In the end we'll have an undisputed champion, with absolutely no viable or box office opponents to look forward to, and the belts likely being split up in a matter of weeks due to the politics of the feds.

It's a shame because Usyk is just such a quality boxer, but Fury is just a brick brick house. Can you imagine how many times Fury will hold and just hang onto Usyk, 18-20 stone leaning on you, your legs wont last.

Fury's camp have alledgedly sent an offer and a venue to Hearn
November in the UK, surely has to be the stadium in Cardiff where the WWE was that he was involved with at the weekend

Back