• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

remember at the start of the season people on here saying Arsenal would be fighting for top 4 rather than the title? Looks rather silly now doesn’t it.

Lol just last week Neville said he saw them sneaking into fourth place now, fudgein hilarious.
They had a good run of results and people started getting carried away. Watching their games there is no way they can keep getting results, because the performances don't support them. brick performances but getting wins is unsustainable. For me there's no way they catch bother Villa and Spurs to sneak into 4th, one of us maybe if there is a bit of a collapse in results but not both.

Despite these recent high scoring "statement wins", they're third. Not second, not first. Third.
But they're "living the dream" and "playing without fear" with a team of toddlers apparently, so the media lap it up.

Last edited:
Still a lot of games for them to totally fall apart yet again

Granted but they look stronger than they did during the same stage last season. They were scraping last minute wins around this time last season and were conceding a lot of goals. An injury to Saka and Martinelli would be timely. Doesn’t seem like they’ve had any long term injuries to key players like every other top team has this season.

Granted but they look stronger than they did during the same stage last season. They were scraping last minute wins around this time last season and were conceding a lot of goals. An injury to Saka and Martinelli would be timely. Doesn’t seem like they’ve had any long term injuries to key players like every other top team has this season.
Only team to not have had tons of injuries
They are very fortunate in that respect

It’s almost like people aren’t objective when it comes to Arsenal and Liverpool.

We're absolutely amazing but really unlucky and those two teams are dogbrick / cheaters and are very lucky. Did you not get the memo? ;)

Whilst many are predicting that at some point we're going to smash a team (it's only around the corner, this time I'm right I swear!!) because we're so brilliant and in the last couple weeks Arsenal have won 5-0 and 6-0 so are actually doing what we're daydreaming about.

To be clear I'm not moaning about how we're doing and I have enjoyed the season + like the direction we're headed. But I guess it's the jumping at the chance of schaudenfraude a little early that I find a bit cringe worthy. Apparently Arsenal bottled it against Porto? They've lost an away leg 1-0 and are still very much in the tie. And no I don't think they'll win the title but they'll have sustained a title challenge much later on in the season then we managed in our Fonz / Robbie Williams era, that is the reality of it. There are levels and currently we are not near Liverpool/ Arsenal's level and I think some fans find that really difficult to take. The main saving grace is that with City around you have to be incredible to actually beat them to any of the major trophies available, so hopefully Arteta's spell can be a bit like Poch's with us, great team that was there or abouts for a few seasons but ultimately not good enough to reach the top.

Stone me this thread.....I predicted they would push close for the title, but we are allowed to hate our rivals FFS. This almost modernist football idea where we have to stick it to our own club and fellate our rivals is ridiculous. We can accept some teams are better without going all half and half scarf w@nker about it

Back