• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Crikey. Saudi Sportswashing Machine's absentee list looks worse than ours, eleven missing, so 17 yr old Lewis Miley makes his full debut

There is something wrong. Training or something. Teams used to get by with small squads and no subs.

Draught horse to race horse maybe. But there maybe a need to rebalance. What is the point of a superfit player that gets injured?

There is something wrong. Training or something. Teams used to get by with small squads and no subs.

Draught horse to race horse maybe. But there maybe a need to rebalance. What is the point of a superfit player that gets injured?
50 international breaks during the season surely has to have an impact too. The strain on players is increasing by the season, while the game now is also far more physically demanding than 20 years ago

50 international breaks during the season surely has to have an impact too. The strain on players is increasing by the season, while the game now is also far more physically demanding than 20 years ago

I know uefa and fifas only idea to make more money is play more games.

But it doesn't need to be that way.

Why have euro/world cup qualifiers and the nations league? Merge them. Have divisions. Relegation and promotion. Top teams every 2 years qualify. Every game is competitive, has meaning. I might even watch some.

Anfield crowd reffing the game! Yellow card for Nørregaard for a clean shoulder to shoulder challenge.
Guess it's a foul to be stronger than Jota at Anfield.
Ridiculous!

They will get everything for weeks/months. I fully expect them to go on and pip City for the title, with Arsenal 3rd and Villa 4th

They will get everything for weeks/months. I fully expect them to go on and pip City for the title, with Arsenal 3rd and Villa 4th

Nah. They’re a fair bit behind City in term’s of squad depth. That’s what will eventually tell over a long season.

Haaland’s little tug is the kind of thing happens every time the ball goes into the box. Cucerella pulls him to the ground and denies a goal scoring opportunity.
Completely agree. It’s 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other until the point that Cucurella pulls him to the ground. The only foul there is the pull to the ground.

Haaland’s little tug is the kind of thing happens every time the ball goes into the box. Cucerella pulls him to the ground and denies a goal scoring opportunity.
It wasn't a little tug, it pulled Cucerella off balance and meant Haaland was in front of him.

I know there are more games played now (including internationals). But back in the day we had cup replays, and a larger number of clubs (in the old Div1). There was also the home internationals.

I think its a number of factors, the pitches are much better and the ball is lighter which makes the game a lot faster. Football boots dont offer so much protection, the training is more intensive. Its far more competitive due to European places and the extra revenue.

Still a bit of a mystery though. I suppose as players are athlete's these days they are more prone to hamstring, groin and achilles injuries.

Back