• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

I think what people have to think about is if Var wasn’t there for the Tottenham Liverpool game and the Arsenal Saudi Sportswashing Machine game the out come of the dodgy decisions would still be the same (other than the red card). As the Ref didn’t disallow the Toon goal and the lino gave offside for Liverpool.

I think what people have to think about is if Var wasn’t there for the Tottenham Liverpool game and the Arsenal Saudi Sportswashing Machine game the out come of the dodgy decisions would still be the same (other than the red card). As the Ref didn’t disallow the Toon goal and the lino gave offside for Liverpool.

You're right but people expected VAR to eliminate mistakes if there were any, all it's done is create more disatifaction in fan base and more hot air from windbags on TV. The game as a spectacle has not improved.

As was always going to be the issue with VAR, One man’s wrong call is another man’s correct decision. Not everything is black and white like offside* or goal line tech.

* even that I have an issue with when they decide to stop the image for ball leaving the foot, is that accurate? And what parts of the body they draw the lines from. We had one last year that was a joke in that respect!

You're right but people expected VAR to eliminate mistakes if there were any, all it's done is create more disatifaction in fan base and more hot air from windbags on TV. The game as a spectacle has not improved.

It was always going too, glad to see more fans seeing what a load of brick VAR is,

the technology is not the issue
It’s the fools who can’t use it
It’s not even that though, it’s just the nature of the game.

If 10 people looked at that Saudi Sportswashing Machine goal on Sunday and decide on just the push on Gabriel, then probably 7 say no foul but 3 say foul, you can’t please everyone. It’s just opinion at the end of the day and VAR was never going to be able to solve that.

Ange nailed it the other week in his presser after the Liverpool game, I agree with him 100%.

It’s not even that though, it’s just the nature of the game.

If 10 people looked at that Saudi Sportswashing Machine goal on Sunday and decide on just the push on Gabriel, then probably 7 say no foul but 3 say foul, you can’t please everyone. It’s just opinion at the end of the day and VAR was never going to be able to solve that.

Ange nailed it the other week in his presser after the Liverpool game, I agree with him 100%.
Thats subjective
No technology fixes that

Leave the reffing to the ref, and only use VAR for things the on-field refs didn't see. VAR only needs to ask the ref if he saw this and that. If he says no, advice him or tell him to go look at the screen.

Back