• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Wow, it’s almost like predictions are little more than guesses. Sounds like you take this stuff way too seriously, or just like saying I told you so.

Predictions can still be objective but I guess that isn’t possible when it comes to Arsenal and Liverpool. They hadn’t lost any players and it’s not like all the other teams magically got better overnight so they were always going to be near the top end rather than scrapping with the likes of us and Saudi Sportswashing Machine for 4th or 5th. Predictions have an element of guesswork to them which I accept, for example I didn’t think Liverpool would be challenging for the title this season as they were an ageing team last season in need of a rebuild. Still don’t see how people saw Arsenal falling from comfortably finishing 2nd to 4th-6th.

Last edited:
Everton boosted after appeal.

Fair enough, I hope Luton survive this season but just got a great deal harder for them.

Everton boosted after appeal.

Fair enough, I hope Luton survive this season but just got a great deal harder for them.
Everton still have a 2nd charge to be dealt with don't they? If so, they could still be in trouble. Although if Forest lose points too I can't see Everton getting relegated. In a way they have lucked out a bit, with Burnley and Sheffield United being so poor this season.

Everton still have a 2nd charge to be dealt with don't they? If so, they could still be in trouble. Although if Forest lose points too I can't see Everton getting relegated. In a way they have lucked out a bit, with Burnley and Sheffield United being so poor this season.

Ah, I don’t remember there being further charges - I’d sooner City and Chelsea got theirs first before they go back to Everton.

Points deduction reduced based on what?
No idea. But they appealed to some success.

Edit(From Skysports)

"We understand the Appeal Board considered the 10-point deduction originally imposed to be inappropriate when assessed against the available benchmarks of which the club made the commission aware, including the position under the relevant EFL regulations, and the nine-point deduction that is imposed under the Premier League's own rules in the event of insolvency.

"The club is also particularly pleased with the Appeal Board's decision to overturn the original Commission's finding that the club failed to act in utmost good faith. That decision, along with reducing the points deduction, was an incredibly important point of principle for the club on appeal. The Club, therefore, feels vindicated in pursuing its appeal."

A Premier League statement said: "Everton FC appealed the sanction imposed against it on nine grounds, each of which related to the sanction rather than the fact of the breach, which the club admitted.

"Two of those nine grounds were upheld by the Appeal Board, which has substituted the original points deduction of 10 for six."

So it is a climb down but still a six point deduction.

I still find it very unsatisfactory to apply points penalties outside the season in which the rules were broken. It’s like an extreme form of VAR.

I still find it very unsatisfactory to apply points penalties outside the season in which the rules were broken. It’s like an extreme form of VAR.

I think they are trying to change that, It's why the accounts had to be in earlier than previously and why Forest and Evertons 2nd charge are being dealt with now. It is a bit mental though that Leicester, Southampton and Leeds went down last season and Everton stay up but get a points deduction a year later. Hopefully the process for punishments will become quicker and more efficient now

I think they are trying to change that, It's why the accounts had to be in earlier than previously and why Forest and Evertons 2nd charge are being dealt with now. It is a bit mental though that Leicester, Southampton and Leeds went down last season and Everton stay up but get a points deduction a year later. Hopefully the process for punishments will become quicker and more efficient now

That would ease my concerns completely.

Does that mean you don't think City and Chelsea should not be punished for serial misconduct?

Might be one of them rare days when you want West Ham to win! I'd be more than happy for Frank, Toney, That taco Maupay and the rest of their cloggers to get relegated (although I doubt they will)

Minor talking points from this game. Paqueta is the spam’s version of a clam similar to Bruno Fernandes.
Reggie gets pushed from behind in the box by Kudus, no penalty. Toney gets a similar push from Kudus on the halfway line, foul given.

Oh look at west ham scoring for fun now Arsenal arent in town. where was this team a few weeks ago? Granted, massive chasm in quality in the oppostion

Michail Antonio is so bad, It annoys me more than it should that we ever let him score against us

Back