• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Would be ridiculous if they overturned the Everton punishment, they’re banged to rights! Might as well scrap the whole FFP if they were to do that.

It would be indeed. But I never say never with the PL, I just have this feeling the 10pts wont stick. if not overturned, then maybe just halved, but as you correctly say, it should stay implemented, otherwise there was no point doing it in the first place

City are not winning the league this year. No way. It Looks like we have to get behind the dippers. Vomit inducing as that may be.

City are not winning the league this year. No way. It Looks like we have to get behind the dippers. Vomit inducing as that may be.
If Pool win tomorrow that starts to be a significant gap and chasing down Liverpool is a completely different animal to chasing down Arsenal.

Oh dear, not good, Tom Lockyear of Luton has collapsed on the pitch. Game suspended naturally, not good at all

The odd thing to me is that I don't believe they stopped playing during the play off final. What's the difference in the events that meant it wasn't worth calling off the first time but doing so the 2nd?

Obviously the main thing is Lockyer is responsive, but I don't understand the decision making, did they not call off the play off because it was a "bigger" game? Seems iffy. Hopefully this doesn't spell real doubt on his career as a footballer either way.

The odd thing to me is that I don't believe they stopped playing during the play off final. What's the difference in the events that meant it wasn't worth calling off the first time but doing so the 2nd?

Obviously the main thing is Lockyer is responsive, but I don't understand the decision making, did they not call off the play off because it was a "bigger" game? Seems iffy. Hopefully this doesn't spell real doubt on his career as a footballer either way.
I think in the play offs it was unclear what was going on and was also seen as less serious as he was awake (from memory). Didn't he have a full blown cardiac arrest on the pitch today? I haven't read that much on it as I've been looking after my old man so just catching up on things

He talks about it a bit here. Even says he feels like he could have walked off -- obviously that wouldn't have happened, but he was conscious and that's probably a big reason why.

The second time around there would be a lot more concern and, understandably, the players wouldn't have been able to continue the match, even if he was conscious this time too.

He talks about it a bit here. Even says he feels like he could have walked off -- obviously that wouldn't have happened, but he was conscious and that's probably a big reason why.

The second time around there would be a lot more concern and, understandably, the players wouldn't have been able to continue the match, even if he was conscious this time too.
I think in the play offs it was unclear what was going on and was also seen as less serious as he was awake (from memory). Didn't he have a full blown cardiac arrest on the pitch today? I haven't read that much on it as I've been looking after my old man so just catching up on things

Cheers gents, that's somewhat worrying that the second one was worse but does explain the stoppage (which to be clear I agree with due to the impact on other players).

You'd imagine they would have done every test under the sun after the play offs and kept him monitored day in day out, there is a chance both incidents are unrelated but from a bystanders POV it does look like it's going to be a risk to continue playing top level football. Of course the main priority is his current well-being, and the career stuff to be figured out later.

Who was the player who jumped knee first into the face of Udogie? Just seen Jiminez got sent off for similar, even though he actually pulled out.

Cheers gents, that's somewhat worrying that the second one was worse but does explain the stoppage (which to be clear I agree with due to the impact on other players).

You'd imagine they would have done every test under the sun after the play offs and kept him monitored day in day out, there is a chance both incidents are unrelated but from a bystanders POV it does look like it's going to be a risk to continue playing top level football. Of course the main priority is his current well-being, and the career stuff to be figured out later.
He won't play again IMO

Back