• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

Clearly but Chelsea's squad is so much deeper/better than ours than to even be able to think we could catch them with our games in hand is remarkable

Even if we lost to Chelsea, and drew a couple other games, we'd be 3 points behind them after 23 games

Quite. And the disparity between the perception of us is massive.
Heck, imagine if we beat them! Then we're eight points behind them with five games in hand.

But still, Plucky old Chelsea, doing their best to maintain their deserved position while struggling to cope on a limited budget and beset by all sorts of undeserved strife. Meanwhile those Tottenham upstarts, what do they think they're doing? Hiring a manager above their station, well just keep talking about how he's sure to leave and don't talk much about actual results and hint at any sort of growth narrative. Not until it's plain as the nose on your face.

Potter has impressed me this season. Didn't think he had proved anything last season as Brighton struggled right until the end to secure their PL status. But there is no doubt they have impressed this season. He would definitely fit the mould of a manager that would do well here.

11 points behind 3rd with 5 games in hand !!
Win tonight, back Conte with 2/3 good signings and we could 100% get 4th
However in reality it's Spurs

If we can get points off of chelsea, it's going to seem forever till our next game.
10 days I think
Why on earth there is a break with all the re-arranged games that need playing I don't know
Still it's a bit of time for Conte to work on tactics, formation and fitness so all good really

10 days I think
Why on earth there is a break with all the re-arranged games that need playing I don't know
Still it's a bit of time for Conte to work on tactics, formation and fitness so all good really

Also gets romero, son, dier and any new signings integrated and up to speed. As long as son doesn't go to korea.

10 days I think

It's still a break because the most sensible thing in the world would be to use those two weeks to get a few of the postponed games out of the way.

But the PL don't do "sensible". That's why the break is on, and we're on course for the most ridiculous case of fixture congestion you'll ever see.

It's still a break because the most sensible thing in the world would be to use those two weeks to get a few of the postponed games out of the way.

But the PL don't do "sensible". That's why the break is on, and we're on course for the most ridiculous case of fixture congestion you'll ever see.

What do you mean? We're out of europe so all those dates are free. There won't be anymore congestion than if we stayed in one more round. Chelsea are fudged. They got the world club cup.

Back