• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

Potter is getting so much out of Brighton . So well coached. Looking at the squad full of steady players bar odd stand outs(Lamptey) it reminds me of our time under Poch . We had Kane who was the X factor.

I do wonder how he’d do with a team of egos . Seen him linked with United. Don’t think it would work as well.

11 points behind chelsea with 5 games in hand if this stays the same
I’d be shocked if we get anything at Brighton think they’ll run us ragged. Leicester and Burnley maybe. Rather have points on the board than games in hand.

Potter is getting so much out of Brighton . So well coached. Looking at the squad full of steady players bar odd stand outs(Lamptey) it reminds me of our time under Poch . We had Kane who was the X factor.

I do wonder how he’d do with a team of egos . Seen him linked with United. Don’t think it would work as well.
Don't think Pogba or Ronaldo would buy into it, although they probably won't be there next season

Don't think Pogba or Ronaldo would buy into it, although they probably won't be there next season
Exactly that or sulky Bruno.

The full backs stand out high energy .Ours are a far cry from the days of Rose and Walker flying up the line. Hope Sess comes good

Looking at the squad full of steady players bar odd stand outs(Lamptey) it reminds me of our time under Poch . We had Kane who was the X factor.
I don’t think you can ever describe the squad Poch had in our peak as steady players + Kane could you?!

Hugo, Rose, Walker, Davies, Trippier, Toby, Jan, Dembele, Dier, Wanyama, Dele, Eriksen, Kane and Son.

that’s 14 absolutely top drawer players there. Beyond that the drop off was huge, but that immediate core of players, my GHod!

I don’t think you can ever describe the squad Poch had in our peak as steady players + Kane?!

Hugo, Rose, Walker, Davies, Trippier, Toby, Jan, Dembele, Dier, Wanyama, Dele, Eriksen, Kane and Son.
No I suppose not . But likes of Dier,Rose, Dele have not looked the same as under Poch. Was more he gets a lot out of his players. The collective over individual talent

Think so . Did Bale not net a winner there last season ? And at home ? Or is my memory bad.

One I won’t ever forget is that game there that was nail in coffin of Poch.
Bale didn’t score away from him or even turn up until his last game
We did win there though when they had Hughton in charge

Brighton have a young striker on the bench named Evan Ferguson. My brother-in-law coached him and I've come up against him a few times. A talented young man with a bright future ahead of him. I could see him getting PL minutes next season.

Now that I think about it, he played against Chelsea already in preseason a few years back at 14 years old and amazingly didn't look out of place.

Last edited:
Rather have points on the board than games in hand.

Clearly but Chelsea's squad is so much deeper/better than ours than to even be able to think we could catch them with our games in hand is remarkable

Even if we lost to Chelsea, and drew a couple other games, we'd be 3 points behind them after 23 games

Not even good enough for Everton if you believe their fans.

Brighton were excellent, great coaching from Potter but they've also bought really well.
He wasn't playing tonight but Bissouma was a great buy, he'd immediately improve our midfield.

Back