• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

On the idea of fans returning im not saying its a bad thing coming back for fans. Of course I'm happy, its just the pace they now seem happy to go at is at odds of a few weeks ago, when we were at a crisis level again, 'protect the NHS at all costs', deaths rising and over 500 a day. What we now? 300 a day I have stopped really watching the news on my leisure time

Surely more sensible to see how Christmas and New Year goes to no?

Also how does it work for league 1/2 where some clubs at home will be in tier 3 so no revenue but rivals in league in tier 1/2 and therefore getting money in the coffers

Like most things other than Liverpool fans crying because they cant go to games and we might be able to, its not really been thought out

You can't have some sides being allowed a crowd and others not, that's just strange. Just let everyone have the same amount or if the cases are high in some areas of the country then we just have to all hold off until all the clubs can start having fans again.

Edit. It's good that they are even discussing it now though

On the idea of fans returning im not saying its a bad thing coming back for fans. Of course I'm happy, its just the pace they now seem happy to go at is at odds of a few weeks ago, when we were at a crisis level again, 'protect the NHS at all costs', deaths rising and over 500 a day. What we now? 300 a day I have stopped really watching the news on my leisure time

Surely more sensible to see how Christmas and New Year goes to no?

Also how does it work for league 1/2 where some clubs at home will be in tier 3 so no revenue but rivals in league in tier 1/2 and therefore getting money in the coffers

Like most things other than Liverpool fans crying because they cant go to games and we might be able to, its not really been thought out

Cant wait for the first Liverpool home game when 50,000 turn up trying to get in, and the outcry of heavy handed policing.

Pope made some blinding saves to keep a clean sheet for Burnley against Palace this morning. For me he’s England best option. Pickford really must have some dirt of southgate.

Didn't Southgate bring up something about Pope's footwork recently as the reason he's not number 1? I've no idea if its a valid point or not as haven't seen enough of him but Southgate definitely seems unusually stubborn about the idea of replacing Pickford

Didn't Southgate bring up something about Pope's footwork recently as the reason he's not number 1? I've no idea if its a valid point or not as haven't seen enough of him but Southgate definitely seems unusually stubborn about the idea of replacing Pickford

Haven't seen anything on that. I'll admit Pickford's kicking game might be better but Pope's handwork (not sure that's a phrase) is infinitely better. I know which one of the two I'd prioritize for a goalkeeper.

You can't have some sides being allowed a crowd and others not, that's just strange. Just let everyone have the same amount or if the cases are high in some areas of the country then we just have to all hold off until all the clubs can start having fans again.

Edit. It's good that they are even discussing it now though

Pretty sure you can?

Imagine borders of countries rather than counties and it's a near identical concept..

wolves game was an excellent tussle good quality game
Are you serious? The first half at least, was crap! Absolutely nothing happened, and then very little happened. Picked up slightly in the 2nd half, but overall a pretty uneventful game.
All about opinions thought, but I thought it was tinkle boring.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you can?

Imagine borders of countries rather than counties and it's a near identical concept..

I understand it makes sense from a general point of view. Low case areas can have more fans etc. I just don't think clubs will agree from a competitive aspect. You can't say one club can play a home game with fan support but another in a different part of the country doesn't get that benefit, even though it's not their fault. I just wonder how it will be phased in? Will those clubs in high tier areas agree anyway, knowing that eventually they will also get some fans in later down the road?

I understand it makes sense from a general point of view. Low case areas can have more fans etc. I just don't think clubs will agree from a competitive aspect. You can't say one club can play a home game with fan support but another in a different part of the country doesn't get that benefit, even though it's not their fault. I just wonder how it will be phased in? Will those clubs in high tier areas agree anyway, knowing that eventually they will also get I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you in later down the road?
It’s just a typical Boris decision made of the cuff with no thought, planning or consultation on how it actually works in practice.

Brighton, Chelsea, Liverpool and West Ham will be able to allow fans into their stadiums for their first Premier League matches in December under the Government’s new tier system in England to tackle the spread of coronavirus.

Those clubs are within tier two areas, meaning if the clubs wish to they can welcome in up to 2,000 fans.

Those would be the first top-flight matches to be attended by fans since the Covid-19 outbreak took hold in March.

The Premier League is yet to confirm the scheduling for matches to be played over the weekend of December 5 and 6.

Wait for Neville to say about how unfair it is on the 2 United clubs that lots of others will have a massive advantage with 2k fans in

Brighton, Chelsea, Liverpool and West Ham will be able to allow fans into their stadiums for their first Premier League matches in December under the Government’s new tier system in England to tackle the spread of coronavirus.

Those clubs are within tier two areas, meaning if the clubs wish to they can welcome in up to 2,000 fans.

Those would be the first top-flight matches to be attended by fans since the Covid-19 outbreak took hold in March.

The Premier League is yet to confirm the scheduling for matches to be played over the weekend of December 5 and 6.

Why is Spurs not listed in this article?

Back