• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

It's only 2-0 but jeepers Liverpool have mullered Leicester tonight, should 5 or 6
Leicester are strong on the counter but pool have a range of options and if they score first at home they will hurt you

two goals from set pieces against a side that are meant to be a great set piece team says a lot to me

Leicester have been really poor. Defence is all over the place, passing has been shocking at times and when they have got into good positions their crossing has been terrible, going straight out of play more often than not.

Leicester have been really poor. Defence is all over the place, passing has been shocking at times and when they have got into good positions their crossing has been terrible, going straight out of play more often than not.
Brenda isn't exactly a tactical genius, is he?
They've left the flanks wide open, and that's where Liverpool kill you with the full-backs!

Brenda isn't exactly a tactical genius, is he?
They've left the flanks wide open, and that's where Liverpool kill you with the full-backs!
He is a one trick pony but gets results doing it
He suits the players he has and IMO has done very well with them. There limited options stylistically show though

Feels an age since we were top for a week. Was it 2014 or was that just for 24 hours?

We were top of the table for 6 days in August 2014 following the 4-0 thrashing of QPR but were deposed by Swansea after they beat WBA the following Saturday...

0DE143A5-D518-47BB-9474-AD30AF0D31A3.jpeg

We had 2 weeks on top at the start of the 2009/10 season though...

8E171F5F-E5E0-48B0-B446-E82D2B038DE5.jpeg

However the last time we lead the table outside the opening month of a season was 1985...

Last edited:
I wish they'd fudge off with this "Liverpool go joint top with Tottenham" brick.
They. Are. Second.
That's adorable. Spurs don't have remotely the sort of money to knock down this sort of propaganda.

Today, we're first. By a considerable margin. The sort of margin that would get every man-jack and Liverpool player, pundit and fantasist thoroughly sucked off by mid-week.

As above I agree with what he says 100%
Yes there are tv contracts but they were based on a non Covid season
In other countries the league and broadcasters try to help clubs in Europe not here, it needs to change

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says they might struggle to end the season with 11 players and warned "we are all done" unless broadcasters talk to each other about the football schedule.

He was speaking to Sky Sports after his side's 3-0 win over Leicester City.

Liverpool play Atalanta on Wednesday and Brighton on Saturday at 12:30 GMT.

"Everybody tells me it is difficult but it is really difficult for the players. The rest is just a decision on a desk in an office," Klopp said.

In an impassioned interview with Sky's Geoff Shreeves, which was shown by international broadcasters, Klopp said: "If you don't start talking to BT, we are all done.

"Sky and BT have to talk. If we keep playing on Wednesday and Saturday 12:30 I am not sure if we will finish the season with 11 players."

When Klopp was told the clubs had agreed the broadcast deals, he said: "If someone tells me again about contracts I will go really nuts because the contracts were not made for a Covid season.

"You stand here with the facemask, we adapt. Everything changed but the contract with the broadcasters is still 'nope, we have this so we keep this'. What? Everything changed. The whole world changed."

This week will be the third out of four occasions the Reds have played on the Saturday after a Champions League game, although this is the first at lunchtime.

Klopp, Emirates Marketing Project boss Pep Guardiola and Manchester United counterpart Ole Gunnar Solskjaer have all criticised the TV timings in recent weeks.

"I am discussing this completely calm," Klopp said to Shreeves, "but they say I talk about Liverpool. I don't, I talk about the football players out there.

"Yesterday, [Barcelona's Gerard] Pique - massive knee injury - today maybe [Arsenal's Bukayo] Saka, I'm not sure but it looked like a knee injury. He played all three games for England in the international break.

"People tell us to rotate but who? We have offensive players we could rotate but the rest are kids."

Guardiola and Klopp discussed before their recent meeting that five substitutes should be allowed in games as they are in most of Europe's top leagues and now the English Football League.

"Why we change late [two of their substitutions against Leicester were in the 89th minute] is because we have to constantly think that someone will go down with a muscle injury," Klopp said.

"We cannot change early because if the other one has a muscle injury you end the game with nine players."

Klopp has also previously said he was "slightly concerned" about the amount of travelling his players had to do during international breaks.

In the 71 days since Liverpool's season started on 12 September, the Reds have played 15 matches - with two international breaks in that time.

They have played a game - in either the EFL Cup or Champions League - in every midweek outside international weeks since 20 September.

"We will show up there [Brighton] and we will be shaking," Klopp said. "I think about sending the points, that is how it is because we go there and we lose the game."

He is such a clam.

I realise it’s impossible to have a reasonable discussion with you about anything Liverpool related, but I struggle to see what he’s said that’s wrong here? He’s looking after his own interests as all managers do, but he even mentioned us by name and how it was unfair we had to play WBA at 12pm on a Sunday after a European game on Thursday so he’s not looking at this purely from Liverpool’s point of view. The tv companies don’t care about the fans or the clubs having to cram so many games in, they just care about revenue from broadcasting the games.

I hated really hated Liverpool when Dalgleish was their manager. The way they handled the Suarez/Evra stuff was appalling and tbh not totally out of character for how they operate and how they portray themselves as the victims in every situation but I find them far less dislike-able nowadays now that Suarez and dalgleish no longer play for them.

I realise it’s impossible to have a reasonable discussion with you about anything Liverpool related, but I struggle to see what he’s said that’s wrong here? He’s looking after his own interests as all managers do, but he even mentioned us by name and how it was unfair we had to play WBA at 12pm on a Sunday after a European game on Thursday so he’s not looking at this purely from Liverpool’s point of view. The tv companies don’t care about the fans or the clubs having to cram so many games in, they just care about revenue from broadcasting the games.

I hated really hated Liverpool when Dalgleish was their manager. The way they handled the Suarez/Evra stuff was appalling and tbh not totally out of character for how they operate and how they portray themselves as the victims in every situation but I find them far less dislike-able nowadays now that Suarez and dalgleish no longer play for them.

I didn't even listen to it, I saw his smug little face and felt compelled to externalise my feelings.

So footballs coming back up to 4000 per game.

I find that hard to fathom considering we are still in a lockdown? How can we be considering that when the risk far outweighs the reward?

Back