• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

The game should be rescheduled at a neutral venue too

I think they'll either play it tmrw at OT or looking at the fixture list, they can play it FA Cup final weekend if they bring Liverpool's game that week to the midweek before

Compresses the fixture list for Liverpool, which isnt a disaster

I also dont mind us having games ahead of Liverpool - if we can get points on the board and Liverpool go into the Man U game needing point, you can be pretty certain that Man U would want to prevent Liverpool succeeding

Was actually enjoying the coverage of it (even if it’s a crime to admit on here) but now it’s switched to the news coverage. They were struggling to get the panel to condemn the actions and you could tell the host was getting heat through the ear piece..

My question is how is it so easy to get in to the stadium? How dare people walk through near enough an open door? Not exactly a brains trust assembly of folk yet somehow they managed it

Edit: just to say, I get that it wasn’t okay to storm the stadium and how it may cause issues in the future now, more just looking at the media angle of it, not giving kudos to any violence or creating of issues for police / emergency services etc

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Was actually enjoying the coverage of it (even if it’s a crime to admit on here) but now it’s switched to the news coverage. They were struggling to get the panel to condemn the actions and you could tell the host was getting heat through the ear piece..

My question is how is it so easy to get in to the stadium? How dare people walk through presumably an open door? Not exactly a brains trust assembly of folk yet somehow they managed it

Yeah I enjoyed it too even if I didn't necessarily agree with some of the viewpoints. Souness, a pundit I normally like, is showing his age these days and Neville is a bit highly strung. The discussion was good TV I thought.

Only plus side of the news coverage is that Hayley McQueen is on...

Ridiculous to call off the game because of a few hundred people shouting outside of a football stadium! The arena and surrounding area is cleared!
How on earth are can any game go ahead when there will be full stadiums? It's getting beyond ridiculous now. Snow flakes all around!

Ridiculous to call off the game because of a few hundred people shouting outside of a football stadium! The arena and surrounding area is cleared!
How on earth are can any game go ahead when there will be full stadiums? It's getting beyond ridiculous now. Snow flakes all around!
It's not just the stadium, there's demonstrations outside the hotels and the teams can't leave their hotels

Looks like it will have to be played tomorrow or they'll need to reschedule some of their remaining fixtures to find a date. Dippers all screaming 'forfeit' of course.

It's not just the stadium, there's demonstrations outside the hotels and the teams can't leave their hotels
The pictures from there showed no one. It's not like there aren't any fans around the hotels and buses when full crowds are allowed. There's frequently bottles thrown and worse, and games were not called off because of it!

My question is how is it so easy to get in to the stadium? How dare people walk through near enough an open door? Not exactly a brains trust assembly of folk yet somehow they managed it

Edit: just to say, I get that it wasn’t okay to storm the stadium and how it may cause issues in the future now, more just looking at the media angle of it, not giving kudos to any violence or creating of issues for police / emergency services etc

I've not been to OT for 4/5 years, but football stadiums usually have tiered security lines, the pitch and stands are one of the less secure areas, remember the old WHL had that massive ambulance gate on the PL corner which would have been easy to climb over.

I expect someone left some doors unlocked in this case though.

Greater Manchester Police's statement:

"Those in the stadium were evicted by officers but outside on the forecourt hostility grew with bottles and barriers being thrown at officers and horses. Two officers have been injured with one officer being attacked with a bottle and sustaining a significant slash wound to his face requiring emergency hospital treatment.

"With the situation increasing in hostility, additional officers had to be deployed and officers had to be drawn in from neighbouring forces to assist Greater Manchester officers.

"Following discussion with The Premier League, Trafford Council and the clubs, a joint decision was made to postpone the match for safety reasons.

GMP Assistant Chief Constable Russ Jackson said: "The behaviour displayed today by those at both Old Trafford and The Lowry Hotel was reckless and dangerous.

"We understand the passion many supporters have for their team and we fully respect the right for peaceful protest. Plans were in place to ensure this could happen safely, but it soon became clear that many present had no intention of doing so peacefully.

"The actions of those today required us to take officers from front line policing and call in support from neighbouring forces to prevent the disorder getting worse. At different points, bottles and barriers were thrown, officers assaulted and people scaled the stadium structure creating risk for themselves and officers

"We have launched an investigation and we will be working closely alongside partners to ensure we establish the full circumstances surrounding today's events and prosecute those responsible."

Greater Manchester Police's statement:

"Those in the stadium were evicted by officers but outside on the forecourt hostility grew with bottles and barriers being thrown at officers and horses. Two officers have been injured with one officer being attacked with a bottle and sustaining a significant slash wound to his face requiring emergency hospital treatment.

"With the situation increasing in hostility, additional officers had to be deployed and officers had to be drawn in from neighbouring forces to assist Greater Manchester officers.

"Following discussion with The Premier League, Trafford Council and the clubs, a joint decision was made to postpone the match for safety reasons.

GMP Assistant Chief Constable Russ Jackson said: "The behaviour displayed today by those at both Old Trafford and The Lowry Hotel was reckless and dangerous.

"We understand the passion many supporters have for their team and we fully respect the right for peaceful protest. Plans were in place to ensure this could happen safely, but it soon became clear that many present had no intention of doing so peacefully.

"The actions of those today required us to take officers from front line policing and call in support from neighbouring forces to prevent the disorder getting worse. At different points, bottles and barriers were thrown, officers assaulted and people scaled the stadium structure creating risk for themselves and officers

"We have launched an investigation and we will be working closely alongside partners to ensure we establish the full circumstances surrounding today's events and prosecute those responsible."

good job there wasn't a group of women holding a vigil at the same time or the police would have had to get really violent

Further proof if needed football is dead, fans say they love club when what they mean is they love winning, and it's got to be on their terms, few see this is a sport and should be enjoyed what ever the outcome. It always amazed me that young people watch matches rather than play, I missed hundreds of games to play rather than watch. Money and media have destroyed the beautiful game.

Further proof if needed football is dead, fans say they love club when what they mean is they love winning, and it's got to be on their terms, few see this is a sport and should be enjoyed what ever the outcome. It always amazed me that young people watch matches rather than play, I missed hundreds of games to play rather than watch. Money and media have destroyed the beautiful game.

There is still brilliant entertainment to be had, but the line was crossed decades ago.

Back