• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

How can that happen with VAR? An incident is seen by the on-field referee, is then checked by the VAR, then the on-field referee takes another look, and a red-card decision is given. That's three opportunities to get it right. That the decision can still be over-turned is ridiculous.
(Even if no red-card is ultimately the right decision, and I don't know if it is, it's another example of the VAR process not working).

Same happened with the Son / Gomes incident. Somehow, it appears that VAR isn't infallible.

It amazes me that there are still I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you who believe/think that VAR is good for the game.
Good, bad or indifferent VAR is going nowhere and like the idiots that are ‘attempting’ to get Levy thrown off the board they are delusional and wasting their time!

We need better training for all officials on and off the pitch and the continued refining of the rules and the implementation.

How can that happen with VAR? An incident is seen by the on-field referee, is then checked by the VAR, then the on-field referee takes another look, and a red-card decision is given. That's three opportunities to get it right. That the decision can still be over-turned is ridiculous.
(Even if no red-card is ultimately the right decision, and I don't know if it is, it's another example of the VAR process not working).
It's another example of the poor standard of ref, the process was correct, just the ref couldn't come to the right decision despite seeing it numerous times

Bloody refereeing is getting worse with every game

“denying a goal scoring opportunity”:eek:

A obvious case of where VAR should have been used before pulling the red card. Now an Irrelevant game.

Last edited:
Bloody refereeing is getting worse with every game

“denying a goal scoring opportunity”:eek:

A obvious case of where VAR should have been used before pulling the red card. Now an Irrelevant game.
Awful call
Just seen it as I was playing footy myself
Same thing happened to me and we just played on

Back