• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

Appears so except as per tweet on previous page where they are talking about London derbies and Liverpool home games being played at neutral venues.

So that's no home advantage for us against Arsenal and West Ham if true. So much for fair competition.

So that's no home advantage for us against Arsenal and West Ham if true. So much for fair competition.

Not as if we aren't used to it... playing at Wembley for 18 months....

I want to understand the point of neutral venues - is it to discourage fans gathering at the stadium? Do they think that will stop liverpool fans going to whichever venue their matches are being played?

Not as if we aren't used to it... playing at Wembley for 18 months....

I want to understand the point of neutral venues - is it to discourage fans gathering at the stadium? Do they think that will stop liverpool fans going to whichever venue their matches are being played?
Yep that’s the idea

Didnt some German fans put up a screen outside the stadium and park up in their cars to watch?

I wonder if some pubs near grounds will be having sneaky lock ins

101328887_3864702063604734_6306640882644811776_n.jpg

To be fair it hasn’t helped against Spammers last time out or Chelsea this season.
Isn’t home advantage the whole crux of the integrity of the competition given by the teams who have a change of being relegated though? Or does it not matter if they may benefit from it?!
To be honest, on the sporting side we may stand to benefit more than most - we had no momentum at the time the season was suspended (shame the RB game wasn’t a week later) and Kane and Son being out wasn’t giving me much cause for optimism. Mourinho is getting a mini pre season, N’Dombele may have recovered from his dental issues (Maccas being shut may have helped ;-)).

Most of the home advantage is the crowd, influencing home and away players and probably, most importantly, the referee. A ref is just as likely to call Salah for diving at a neutral venue or empty Anfield.

Most of the home advantage is the crowd, influencing home and away players and probably, most importantly, the referee. A ref is just as likely to call Salad for diving at a neutral venue or empty Anfield.
So you're saying the victims probably won't win the title?

Back