• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

Really good bit on finances in the Premier League. Also highlights how massively doped City are.

And how anti-doped United are. They have spend more (~£800m) for the pleasure of the Glazers gracing their directors' box (plus another £50m pocket money for the kids) than they have on players (~£530m).

The top 10 spending items are:
  1. Emirates Marketing Project players: £906m
  2. Glazer benevelent fund: £851m
  3. Man Utd players: £528m
  4. Spurs Capex: ~493m
  5. Chelsea players: £393m
  6. Liverpool players: £351m
  7. Emirates Marketing Project Capex: £333m
  8. Arsenal debt payments (due to Capex): £278m
  9. Arsenal players: £236m
  10. Liverpool Capex: £209m

Last edited:
So what do we want tonight? City win to put a temporary end to the Liverpool tossfest and give us renewed title hopes? Or a Pool win to cement their place as rightful PL champions, giving us a better chance at becoming Champions of the Rest? Or a boring draw with a handful of nasty injuries and red cards?

I want City to win. I'm not sure whether a draw is the best result for us or not. Liverpool are not going to drop many points if they keep form, fitness and confidence. A bad loss could hurt the latter.

We need the Liverpool train to be derailed. However City winning puts us chasing two teams rather than one (I know it might be an outside chance but I still like to believe it might be possible). But Liverpool losing might just shake them a bit. A draw puts City above us on GD, so we’d still drop a place.
I can’t decide what I’d prefer. City to win, probably.
VVD red card. Or Salah. Or both.

City win all day long.
We need the Liverpool train to be derailed. However City winning puts us chasing two teams rather than one (I know it might be an outside chance but I still like to believe it might be possible). But Liverpool losing might just shake them a bit. A draw puts City above us on GD, so we’d still drop a place.
I can’t decide what I’d prefer. City to win, probably.
VVD red card. Or Salah. Or both.

I want City to win. I'm not sure whether a draw is the best result for us or not. Liverpool are not going to drop many points if they keep form, fitness and confidence. A bad loss could hurt the latter.

Normally you'd think it's best that City drop as many points as possible while they're on a bad run as you know they'll recover and Liverpool are more likely to stumble later, but it's Liverpool. City for the win.

If city lose the wheels may come off the Pep revolution.

But Liverpool will then win the league at a canter. No brainer for me.

If they in it keeps the two teams genuinely in the title the honest and maybe, just maybe while they are under pressure from each other we can sneak up on the rails.

Whatever criticisms I have had of these teams I do genuinely enjoy their matches.

City win or a draw. Just not a Liverpool win. Sadly I believe Klopp has the measure of Guadiola and I see that contuining tonight. I have a feeling Liverpool will sneak this by the odd goal in 5

Back