• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

Well the key difference was we drew a few close games, that they manged to squeezed a win. Maybe 2-3 games that was the difference. Not big margins. And on our budget, with European games, I'm happy. It would have been incredible winning the league, but we still have it good. Have to come back even stronger.
And here in lies our problem. When we do well the elite teams will unsettle our best players so they want to leave. If we want a Wilian, Martial or Batshuayi the top clubs will out bid us for them. To win the title we are going to have to beat some hefty odds.

We have come on this season. More points. More consistency. More composure. More maturity. Have to credit chelsea they won, not exactly fair and square, but they ground it out in impressive fashion, backed by a massive budget. What happened to financial fair play? Seemed to get ignored a couple of years back.
When PSG can buy Luz for for £50million then sell him back a season later for less money. When a Chines club can pay £60 million for one of their squad players. When you can keep a loan portfolio of some of the best youngsters in the world. They have found a way around FFP.

And here in lies our problem. When we do well the elite teams will unsettle our best players so they want to leave. If we want a Wilian, Martial or Batshuayi the top clubs will out bid us for them. To win the title we are going to have to beat some hefty odds.

If we can keep the foundation we have, then we can do it. And when we do, it will be that much sweeter, for bringing through all the players more or less. They have all developed and worked together to become an impressive side. I love Poch's project. I hope he does too. No one should feel disillusioned, despite the frustration of missing out twice. Really we're developing, getting better each year.

Poch may well be able to improve the team again, you wouldn't bet against this guy!

Not to mention a squad that costs over £300 million which is part of the percentages you talk about. Allied to that you have a team with players who have won things before so know what it takes. We need to sign a couple of winners in our team - a van der vaart type signing to assist with the move to the next level.

I think that's all we are missing, a superstar. Trouble is, who could we get with our wage structure?

This. Did we ever lead the PL once these past two seasons? It was always Leicester's and Chelski's title to lose.

Losing out on second last season was poor. The title not so much. Same as this season; we actually made it borderlibe exciting fir a while, winning nine games in a row.

We were good, Chelski were better. That's how it is. Of course the corrupt bastards literally bought the title and were lucky with injuries and no Europa, but that's a different story

We led the league for about 10 minutes when we went 2-1 up against Arsenal. I think we have some kind of mental block, whenever we have had the chance to go top, we've never won. Not a massive sample size admittedly.

I think that's all we are missing, a superstar. Trouble is, who could we get with our wage structure?
Are we though? Kane, Alli, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Rose, Dembele , Wanyama. etc These are players which would find a home in almost every title challenging team. We don't really have that many missing ingredients IMO. I honestly think we are a break of the ball away from a title and unfortunately that is often what it takes. Something to go your way one game and to go against your competitor in another. Bang - 6 point swing.

Rather like last season, we started the league campaign slowly and the eventual title winners had a stupendous run in the autumn (Chavski winning 12 on the trot this season and Vardy scoring in 11 consecutive matches last) which meant we were playing catchup during the run-in.

At least all of our main rivals will have to contend with European fixtures next season too, so hopefully Pochettino can continue our progress and take Spurs one place better next time...

20170513_034332_zpsb9ukftrt.jpg

20170513_035536_zpsqsnwjuk0.jpg

Feeling bitter about losing out in the title race for the second season running. Frankly, we were never in the title race this season. It was the macarons Chelsea who made us believe when they lost at home to Palace. But our poor away form means we just couldn't make use of the chance given to us. Our away draw to Bournemouth, Sunderland, WBA and the annoying defeat to West Ham simply destroyed whatever chance we had of winning the league title.

We led the league for about 10 minutes when we went 2-1 up against Arsenal. I think we have some kind of mental block, whenever we have had the chance to go top, we've never won. Not a massive sample size admittedly.

We choked at West Ham last season, we would have gone top and then 4(?) clear with a win against Arsenal.

It was In our hands last season, never was this

Back