• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2014/15 Premier League Thread

City also played like schitt last week at Everton. Gave up a last minute equalizer on a set piece with the same sort of comedy defending that featured in Giroud's goal today.

Looking at a replay of that second goal, Lampard is so badly positioned in covering Koscielny that you'd think he was trying to do Chelsea a favour.

On the plus side, wins like keep the delusional gooner fans thinking that Wenger should stay. I'd rather that, then a new manager who might have them winning titles.

Last edited:
Another away win this weekend, 7 out of 9 games, only us and the spammers recorded home victories

- - - Updated - - -

The goons were always going to finish in the top 4, come on its a given every season. The other spot is between us, Liverpool, M United, and Southampton.

Very good performance from the goons. With the players that are coming back for them, you'd think they will easily get a top 4 place. Utd will surely gett the other one, they haven't even played well this season but the quality of the players means they still win games.

I'm not actually unhappy for Arsenal, simply because it's sometimes good to see a team go to a bigger team with a game plan, and get the points they deserve without being shafted by some bull**** penalty decision or deflected goal. Arsenal didn't park the bus, but they came with a plan and it worked. Fair enough.

Top 4 is going to be extremely hard this year, but at the end of the day our progress as a club is not going to be defined by whether we get it this season. Arsenal and Man United have better squads, and this season has always been about the squad adapting to Poch and introducing the young players, while weeding out the dissenters. Next year we can make more of a push.

I'm not actually unhappy for Arsenal, simply because it's sometimes good to see a team go to a bigger team with a game plan, and get the points they deserve without being shafted by some bull**** penalty decision or deflected goal. Arsenal didn't park the bus, but they came with a plan and it worked. Fair enough.

Top 4 is going to be extremely hard this year, but at the end of the day our progress as a club is not going to be defined by whether we get it this season. Arsenal and Man United have better squads, and this season has always been about the squad adapting to Poch and introducing the young players, while weeding out the dissenters. Next year we can make more of a push.

For me our next 3 games are the big ones. You don't get a trophy for finishing 3rd or 4th, and it's silverware I want to see this season

It seems all the big teams have a conspiracy against us. ManCity have no business losing at home to Arsenal but they did just that. But we have only ourselves to blame for losing so many valuable points to bottom teams this season.

Hull fans react on Twitter to Huddlestone & Livermore performances

The former Tottenham Hotspur duo did not please supporters during Sunday's 3-0 loss at West Ham.

Things seem to get from bad to worse for Hull City fans. The Tigers have now lost three straight games, winning just once in five Premier League clashes.

Encouraging results against Sunderland and Everton now seem a distant memory after the 3-0 loss at West Ham United - and the prospect of relegation is becoming more and more daunting.

Steve Bruce's side, of course, haven't been helped by a long list of injuries. But nor were they helped by a lethargic performance against West Ham, as goals from Andy Carroll, Morgan Amalfitano and Stewart Downing put Hull to bed.

And Tigers fans were particularly worried by former Tottenham duo Jake Livermore and Tom Huddlestone. The midfielders produced poor displays against the Hammers and Livermore especially has been accused by several supporters of being one of West Ham's best players (!) such was his level of inaccurate passing.

Some Hull fans also still appear livid that Tottenham demanded such high prices for the midfield pair - Daniel Levy isn't known as a tough negotiator for no reason. Where next for the ex-Spurs duo after the West Ham loss? And what next for Bruce when it comes to winning his side some desperately needed points?

The Tigers need improvement as a whole but their ex-Tottenham pairing seem to need to pull their socks up the most, if Twitter is to be believed...

Geoff Thornes @GeoffThornes
How many times did Livermore pass the ball to West Ham in the second half! Lost count,he played ok in the First half #hcafc.
11:36 PM - 18 Jan 2015

Andy @AndrewAuld
Hats off to Daniel Levy, he's had our pants down for Jake Livermore, absolutely #hcafc
11:22 PM - 18 Jan 2015

Jack Storey @thestoreymaker
Huddlestone and Livermore cost us around £13 million, where've they been today, hiding... again. Pair of bottle jobs. #hcafc #overrated
11:06 PM - 18 Jan 2015

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...to-huddlestone-livermore-performances/page/1/

------------------------------------

Not surprised about Livermore as never rated him. But really thought Hudd will go on to do well for teams like Hull. But it seems he is struggling to give his best form for them.

Surely, Hudd should be good enough for teams like Hull. If he cannot perform for them, then where else he is going to show his true worth ?

i think hes hes too immobile for the premier league. and his technical level is nowhere near as high as people make it out to be. hes a very good striker of the ball (long balls, shooting, 2-footed etc), but he is not particularly an intelligent player, and thus his choice of passing isnt great either (ie. he has never been able to dictate a game with his passing ability at any level in the way that fabregas, pirlo, xavi etc can do). too often people make the mistake of thinking he is a good passer simply because he is technically able to ping a ball very accurately over 50 yards. theres a lot more to good passing than just this. in addition, despite his physical presence, i would classify him as a player who doesnt use his size and strength very well. basically, hes a player with many holes in his game, with no real strengths. we (levy probably) did very well to get what we did for him. #nobacksies

as for livermore, i think he has the potential to be a very good premier league player. the kind of player who is probably just short of having the ability to play for a team like ours. but if he has luck and dedication, i think he could be a premier league player for a decade.

Last edited:
Think Hull change their playing style a bit this season .

Last season they were a team totally built around Hudd. While players like Brady , Aluko , Sagbo , Meyler etc. whom you will never called them really goodbut the whole team did have a very clear system and exactly knew what kind of game they want to play. I would say when Hudd plays well he makes others perform , hence you may not find any individual brilliant but you can't find anyone playing bad as well , everything is doing their job.

Consider their squad and the resources , they did play some nice football and team performance.

I think things started getting change when Bruce bought in Jelavic and Song in the mid-way , they tried to be a bit direct in stead of build up the play slowly from their own half. But it's understandable as they needed goals to stay up in the league at that stage and that paid off eventually.

This season they got a few big names , Snodgrass (though haven't play since he was injured in his debut), Ramirez , Hernandez , Diame and Fatem Ben Afra . I remember i have read from somewhere that Bruce did admit to a slightly change of the way they play especially Diame's arrival (which looked really promising at the very beginning when he scored a few goals) and he said that Hudd may find himself has less control of the game.

Whether that could be the reason why Hudd is not having a good season so far , i think he's another player that to get his best out of him you've got to play to his strength. Otherwise he would look peripheral in a game .

Last edited:
Another decent point for WBA tonight, looks like we will have to play another team still benefiting from the 'new manager bounce' in our next league match

One win in 10 now for Everton (against QPR). Palace (A), Liverpool (H) and Chelsea (A) coming up next.

Martinez' bubble burst...

@SimonGleave: Which Premier League managers have most points below the expectations of bookmakers' odds? Martinez clear of Pearson.
B7vyHneCEAEgy6G.png

@SimonGleave: Everton remain on a league worst -19 comparing this term's results to equivalent matches last season. Liverpool -16
B7vpEN3CUAEuLbt.png:large

Back