• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2014/15 Premier League Thread

3 of my pals are playing in the preliminary round of the FA Cup today for Clacton Town against London Tigers, they are buzzing anybody on here ever played in the FA Cup ??

Wow, shame for Faurlin. When QPR first came up I thought he looked a class above the rest of that QPR side and easily good enough for a mid table PL side.

Something like this?

De Gea
Jones - Evans - Blackett
Fletcher
Valencia - Di Maria - Mata - Young
Rooney - van Persie​

Something like this?

De Gea
Jones - Evans - Blackett
Fletcher
Valencia - Di Maria - Mata - Young
Rooney - van Persie​

That's a really bizzare team. There should be enough in there to do burnley, but defensively that just looks frail.

Mata and di Maria are not really CMs. Valencia and young aren't wing backs.

That's a really bizzare team. There should be enough in there to do burnley, but defensively that just looks frail.

Di Maria was a central midfielder last season for Real Madrid and did brilliantly. Well enough to see his price at least double this summer compared to last I think.

Valencia makes some sense as a wing back. Played as a full back sometimes and a pure traditional right winger most of the time. Ashley Young as a left wing back with an inexperienced youngster next to him as the left centre back somewhere between little to no sense to me though.

They look very frail defensively as you say, reportedly they tested Chelsea quite severely by just going direct long and phsyical. Something similar should trouble this United team.

And Jones and Evans aren't really football players.

Odd selection for the formation, assuming he is sticking to his back three. A 4-3-3 with Valancia at RB and Young and Rooney either side of RVP would be a better fit.

United are, as everyone expected, looking a bit dodgy at the back. Burnley should continue with the long ball, it's testing the back three very well.

Whilst with all the attacking talent united have, they also seem to be going long ball quite often. Burnley look like getting something from this.

Man Utd have turned into WHU, hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof

Shouldve got BFS in as manager

Half time. Burnley might regret not getting anything substantial whilst they've been on top. For me, the question will be 'can they keep this up physically for the next 45 minutes?'.

For the attacking talent on show United have been pathetic considering they're playing one of the newly promoted sides. If Burnley hold them to a draw you have to wonder how soon LVG will be conceding they're out of the title race.

3 of my pals are playing in the preliminary round of the FA Cup today for Clacton Town against London Tigers, they are buzzing anybody on here ever played in the FA Cup ??

i haven't but one of my mates played for Team Bath FC (of Bath University) when they reached the first round

So glad we didn't get van gaal. He looks like he is force fitting the players into something that they are not comfortable with.

Back