• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Wait until the weekend, Arsenal will get 6 against this lot

Nah, palace will set up far more defensively against arsenal, they'll sit deep.

They came out and tried to play today, as it was on the face of it a very winnable game. Took two wonder goals to end that hope.

That's what I'm afraid of. Can see it being like Villa and their defensive spell over Christmas last year when they conceded 12 goals in 2 games I believe; 8 against Chelsea and 4 against us.

Yeah, remember that, but it was even worse!

Christmas 15-0 Aston Villa

The biggest losers over Christmas must have been Aston Villa, who were beaten 15-0 on aggregate. The Villans began Christmas at the wrong end of an 8-0 thrashing at Chelsea and then followed it up by losing 4-0 in front of their furious fans against Spurs on Boxing Day. Things got even worse three days later as they were rolled over by relegation rivals Wigan at Villa Park, losing 3-0. There is now a very real chance that Villa will go down.

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/football/p...nd-chelsea-shine-over-christmas#ixzz2iOH9OhwX

A horrific week! I'd forgotten that they were beaten 3-0 by Wigan.

What's the most goals that we've conceded in a week? Probably a few given the old days when we used to lose 7-1 against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and 6-1 v Bolton :(

ib26rbOekTnWVD.gif
iz8nOkLh3fHfR.gif

I'm pleased for Jol here. I know things didn't ultimately work out for him with us but I'll always have time for him. He's a charismatic manager who helped us towards the big time and guided us to a place in Europe, contributing towards the improved side that we are now.

I hope Fulham keep with him and he can do well with them in all but the games against us.

Love BMJ - It was better than people think because he had to control the ball on his chest and then put it in the other corner, it was a really good goal from a talented boy. Marco van Basten's goal was totally different and you can't compare the two but this one was better! He had to sprint 30 yards, take a touch and then score, it i s one of the goals of the season."

Reminder of MVB effort

ibsS5gdjUaxZ54.gif

Last edited:
Back