• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Credit where credit is due , the Goons are playing well . Ramsey has found form and the Gnabry kid looks good. Despite a few injuries they're winning their games just as they were in the last few months of last season. Long way to go and hopefully the Champions League will take its toll , although I expect Wenger and his players to prioritise the premeirship.

I've also gone right off, Michu and I got a feeling, he will be a gooner player within the next couple of transfer windows. He was getting pushed and tripped up by the Arrse players throughout the 90 minutes and yet, not a word said in anger by him. Whenever he's played against us, he's constantly gesticulating he's being hard done by and his eyes are popping out of his head whilst giving our players verbals.

I get that but whatever you slice it we've still spent £100m, hardly peanuts. The difference is we spend what we make but you I can't dance if other fans highlight the fact that we've spent money this season.

Yeah but I think we can come back to other fans and say we spent what we make. It's a reasonable argument. Our team that finished 5th last year got to that position largely because we had the league's best player, who the world's richest club decided to break the world transfer record for. The 5th placed team losing the world's most expensive player is going to suffer in a negative sense, before new signings are taken into account.

Leaving aside that we are requiring all new signings to fill the gaps and settle as we need them to, I feel the argument is still fine because taken to it's extreme, if we for example sold the entire squad of 25 for £300M and replaced it with £100M worth of players that largely came from the Championship, the fact that we have spent £100M is irrelevant due to the quality we have lost. Yes we spent £100M but we lost Bale who was worth near that to us because of the regularity of his scoring and his sheer talent that dragged us to 5th. We haven't relied on a sugar daddy, we relied on signing a young player with potential and quality coaching to bring the best out of him.

My thinking is Arsenal wont sustain this over a season. They wont win the title, even though its their best chance in years. Im confident of this. Time will tell.

+1

I just don't get the vibe from Arsenal that they can sustain their run.

But that stop by their defender in almost the last minute of ET in the LC game could mean so much.

I am hoping they field the kids in the Chelsea game, get thumped and then let us see what happens.

So the most expensive player in the known Universe is on the bench tonight.

Should be a good match, Madrid derby's are normally pretty feisty.

Driving home listening to FiveLive.

Man United currently 12th, maybe even lower tomorrow, currently 6/1 to win the title.
Spurs, at the time, top of the League 8/1. Comical, but...we were 20s IIRC at the start of the season, so we're doing something right.

I know its early days, very early days, but somethings not right at OT, I really do think Fergie could be back at the helm by Christmas

Driving home listening to FiveLive.

Man United currently 12th, maybe even lower tomorrow, currently 6/1 to win the title.
Spurs, at the time, top of the League 8/1. Comical, but...we were 20s IIRC at the start of the season, so we're doing something right.

I know its early days, very early days, but somethings not right at OT, I really do think Fergie could be back at the helm by Christmas

if he does come back I cant see them sacking Moyes, he'll just come back as a sort of "assistant" when really theyd call him that just so Moyes will end up looking good out of it.

Last 5 PL games:

Liverpool: WWWDL
Arsenal: WWWWW
Tottenham: WLWWD
Emirates Marketing Project: LWWWL
Man United: LMFAO

if he does come back I cant see them sacking Moyes, he'll just come back as a sort of "assistant" when really theyd call him that just so Moyes will end up looking good out of it.

If they bring Fergie back in there is absolutely no way Moyes looks good whatsoever.

Back