• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The NFL Thread

Re: The NFL Thread : Fantasy league pg3

Ask Americans why they don’t watch soccer, and chances are that most of them will argue that soccer is boring and that there’s not enough scoring in the game. Dig a little deeper, however, and you may be surprised by what you find.

Reddit user Rolldog did some research after one of his friends got into an argument with him that “there’s not enough scoring in soccer.” Here’s what Rolldog uncovered based on the 2011-12 season:

EPL
1066 goals
380 matches
2.81 goals per match

NFL
1259 TDs
256 games
4.9 TDs per game

Then he factored in real time per game viewing length:
NFL: 3 hours, 7 minutes = 187 minutes
EPL: 1 hr, 51 minutes = 111 minutes

So, scoring in real time:
NFL: 187/4.9 = 38.16. A touchdown every 38 minutes of real time.
EPL: 111/2.81 = 39.50. A goal every 39 minutes of real time.

So, when you break it down, the EPL and NFL are practically on a par when you compare how often a goal or touchdown is scored. In his data, Rolldog didn’t factor in field goals.

“Go ahead and throw out the ‘not enough scoring’ argument against soccer,” said Rolldog. “Only difference is length of the game and giving 1 for a goal instead of 6 for a touchdown.”

http://epltalk.com/2012/10/11/which-has-more-action-a-nfl-game-or-an-epl-match-the-answer-may-surprise-you/

also not factored in: violent maniacs vs diving pussies...

(im not an american, and like watching spurs more then watching nfl, just saying there's more...)

Ask Americans why they don’t watch soccer, and chances are that most of them will argue that soccer is boring and that there’s not enough scoring in the game. Dig a little deeper, however, and you may be surprised by what you find.

Reddit user Rolldog did some research after one of his friends got into an argument with him that “there’s not enough scoring in soccer.” Here’s what Rolldog uncovered based on the 2011-12 season:

EPL
1066 goals
380 matches
2.81 goals per match

NFL
1259 TDs
256 games
4.9 TDs per game

Then he factored in real time per game viewing length:
NFL: 3 hours, 7 minutes = 187 minutes
EPL: 1 hr, 51 minutes = 111 minutes

So, scoring in real time:
NFL: 187/4.9 = 38.16. A touchdown every 38 minutes of real time.
EPL: 111/2.81 = 39.50. A goal every 39 minutes of real time.

So, when you break it down, the EPL and NFL are practically on a par when you compare how often a goal or touchdown is scored. In his data, Rolldog didn’t factor in field goals.

“Go ahead and throw out the ‘not enough scoring’ argument against soccer,” said Rolldog. “Only difference is length of the game and giving 1 for a goal instead of 6 for a touchdown.”

http://epltalk.com/2012/10/11/which-has-more-action-a-nfl-game-or-an-epl-match-the-answer-may-surprise-you/

Not enough snack breaks in footi innit!

Not enough snack breaks in footi innit!

And thats the truth!!! i have been to the US and been to two NFL games, 2 NBA games and a NHL game and i am amazed at how much the american families consume whilst they are watching sport.

And thats the truth!!! i have been to the US and been to two NFL games, 2 NBA games and a NHL game and i am amazed at how much the american families consume whilst they are watching sport.

Consume or drink? It is true that when you go to sporting events as a kid often times eating the food is the highlight of the game, obviously once you get older it changes now I am stuck buying beers for $10 a pop

Shame about the Steelers last night hahahahaha

Consume or drink? It is true that when you go to sporting events as a kid often times eating the food is the highlight of the game, obviously once you get older it changes now I am stuck buying beers for $10 a pop

Shame about the Steelers last night hahahahaha

When I was in Dallas I went to see the Stars play. There was a family of 6 along from us. Before the game started they all had a popcorn bag. At the first break they came back with hotdogs. At the second break they came back with Fries. On our way out we saw them queing for Ice cream. I mean Jeez!!! they were basically eating all the way through the game.

At the Jets Cowboys game they served these pots of Nachos, They were massive. At least 4 times bigger than a pot you can get over here. And they would have them smothered in Cheese and some kind of chilli meat. And then eat that lot with their fingers for about 30 mins. Now i like Nachos and cheese but it was pretty grim watching.

When I went to NY for a Jets game the guys around me just mostly drank beer all game. But there was a massive tailgate after and before with burgers and hotdogs.

Oh! and glad the steelers lost!!! :)

When I was in Dallas I went to see the Stars play. There was a family of 6 along from us. Before the game started they all had a popcorn bag. At the first break they came back with hotdogs. At the second break they came back with Fries. On our way out we saw them queing for Ice cream. I mean Jeez!!! they were basically eating all the way through the game.

At the Jets Cowboys game they served these pots of Nachos, They were massive. At least 4 times bigger than a pot you can get over here. And they would have them smothered in Cheese and some kind of chilli meat. And then eat that lot with their fingers for about 30 mins. Now i like Nachos and cheese but it was pretty grim watching.

When I went to NY for a Jets game the guys around me just mostly drank beer all game. But there was a massive tailgate after and before with burgers and hotdogs.

Oh! and glad the steelers lost!!! :)

It is no wonder why we are fat! haha it is true though, it appears that you may have been sat next to some proper lard asses but people do over indulge during games. Not really sure why but eating/drinking and going to watch sports is just a way of life. Also most stadiums have club sections which usually have good seats and all you can eat and drink (alcohol still costs extra) Whenever I get those seats it really is hard not to over eat because there is just so much brick they throw in front of you. Here is the food list of the club section for our baseball team which is all included in the ticket price...

Following is sample of our Club Menu offerings:
On the Concourse
Pop til you Drop Cart
Freshly Popped Corn featuring Butter, Cheddar Cheese and Barbeque Spice Toppings;
Plus a Chef Inspired Topping of the Homestand such as Cracked Pepper & Rosemary

Outdoor Grilling
Grill Carts featuring freshly grilled hot dogs and Sausage of the Homestand;
Plus Chef Inspired Toppings such as Scallion Bacon Ketchup

Nachos
Nacho Chips served with Jalapeno Cheese Sauce, Traditional Salsa and Jalapeno Slices;
Plus a Special Chef's selection of the Homestand such as Spicy Mango Salsa

Pizzeria
Cheese, Pepperoni and Vegetable;
Plus a Pizza of the Series such as Hot Italian Sausage and Broccoli

Pretzelicious Cart
Cinnamon Sugar and Salted;
Plus a Special Chef's Selection of the Homestand such as Italian Herb

Roasted Peanuts
Serve yourself from our bountiful wooden barrels

Snow Cone Cart
Choose your flavor;
Cherry, Blue Raspberry, Grape, Sour Apple, Bubble Gum and Root Beer

Ice Cream Cart
Hand dipped selections include Vanilla, Chocolate, Mint Chocolate Chip and Moose Tracks;
Plus a Flavor of the month such as Chocolate Covered Strawberry

Inside The Club
Sub & Salads
Fresh Garden Salad and Subs Created by our Chef's representing flavors of the regions of the opposing teams
Such as the "Great Canadian Club"

Series Specials Station
Entrées prepared by our chef's and Themed for the Teams such as
Prince Edward Island Pork Loin with Whole Grain Mustard Sauce or
Chicago Style Roasted Chicken Vesuvio

Served along with a Vegetable and Pasta of the series such as
Food Network's Buffalo Macaroni & Cheese,
Italian Style Green beans with seasoned Tomatoes,
Or Crispy Garlic Sage Potatoes

The Ballpark Grill
Grilled Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs,
Sausage of the Homestand such as Knockwurst or Beer Braised Kielbasa,
Fries of the Homestand such as Sweet Potato or Garlic & Parmesan Shoestring
And a Chef Inspired Toppings such as
Smokey Sweet Jalapeno Relish and Scallion Bacon Ketchup

Also Available Inside The Club
(At an Additional Charge)
Club Loaded Desserts
Our Chef and Bartenders collaborate to design a rotating selection of treats such as;
Bourbon Soaked Cake with Praline Topping,
Strawberry Amaretto Shortcake,
Tropical Pina Colada Cake with Malibu Rum,
And Baileys Mint Fudge Cupcakes

NFL playoffs

Ray Lewis retiring this season apparently. What's the conventional wisdom as to what happened in that murder case with Lewis and his pals about a decade ago?

Re: NFL playoffs

Conventional wisdom is that he was cleared in a court of law - I don't really know much else and don't really care either. Along with Manning, Brady, Moss, Reed etc one of the best players of his generation (arguably the best out of those lot) - what a character, he'll be a great coach one day.

I would love it if the Broncos won the whole thing with Manning at the helm, along with Lewis he's probably my favourite NFL player and such a shame that he hasn't won more titles (that interception in the Superbowl against the Saints must have been heart-breaking).

I said it to a friend a couple days ago, I really fancy the Seahawks to make the Superbowl. They're the hot team right now, I can see them upsetting the Falcons and they already beat the 49ers this year if San Fran gets past Green Bay.

Denver are legit. The fact that they won a playoff game last year with Tim Tebow shows how good the overall team is, and with an all time great like Manning at the helm they have a real shot.

Last edited:

I said it to a friend a couple days ago, I really fancy the Seahawks to make the Superbowl. They're the hot team right now, I can see them upsetting the Falcons and they already beat the 49ers this year if San Fran gets past Green Bay.

Denver are legit. The fact that they won a playoff game last year with Tim Tebow shows how good the overall team is, and with an all time great like Manning at the helm they have a real shot.

I've got £5 e/w at 50-1 on the Seahawks so I'm hoping they can win it

I've got £5 e/w at 50-1 on the Seahawks so I'm hoping they can win it

The Hawks are my team (not many of us)......................no doubt as the season has progressed Seattle have been on a upward curve, and that has coincided with giving Russell Wilson more and more license to run the show. Wilson is a real gem.

Shame about RG3 his leg was buggered from the off, and even when 14-0 up was fully confident Seattle would turn it round. If the Hawks were at home, they would be nailed on to go all the way.

Love it if they make the SuperBowl. The last time they got there against the Steelers, they received some iffy decisions but everyone was to consumed with the fairytale love-in with Jerome 'Bus' Bettis to notice.

Broncos - Ravens was an instant classic. extreme cold, back and forth scoreline, the ray lewis story continues.

Falcons are the team i follow but i have a bad feeling about today. Been great regular season but going up against Wilson and the Seahawks might be a step to far.

Back