• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The New Next New Manager Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be slated for this, but for me this is still not what we were promised by Levy et Al when Jose left in the summer. We are after someone who understands the attacking heritage of the club.

What we have here feels a lot like "who's free" rather than "what do we need". Granted conte has an outstanding record but he's only done it with existing tier one talent and I would ask you to name one player he inherited and improved.

Maybe I've been invested in the Tottenham project for too long but I just don't see him working for us. Hope I'm wrong!

Victor moses, Lukaku, .... I could go on.

article-2626004-1DC48DE500000578-326_634x364.jpg

I may be slated for this, but for me this is still not what we were promised by Levy et Al when Jose left in the summer. We are after someone who understands the attacking heritage of the club.

What we have here feels a lot like "who's free" rather than "what do we need". Granted conte has an outstanding record but he's only done it with existing tier one talent and I would ask you to name one player he inherited and improved.

Maybe I've been invested in the Tottenham project for too long but I just don't see him working for us. Hope I'm wrong!

He's a top top manager more or less in his prime. We couldn't ask for much more in our current situation. Would be an absolute steal for us if we could get him onboard, in my opinion. Especially given our recent fall from grace.

Fair comments from both of you. What sort of style are we expecting other than winning?

Are you friggin' serious?
In a world where it is common knowledge that football matches are determined by a combination of factors such as which underwear certain players wear, if the striker touches the grass in a certain way before entering the pitch, and the number of skipps on the right foot as one cross the line entering the pitch, you dare to do this?

In this world, where the future of clubs hang on the pints being consumed in the right pub, at the right time, by the right fans, or else.. A certain dog needs to be petted, a kebab bought (yet not eaten) at a certain joint, and last but not least, a combination of fans across the globe must have on the perfect mixture of jerseys, socks and scarfs, or else it will be a loss.
In THIS world, you dare to jinx our new manager with these foolhardy words, just to score a funpoint...

Imagine, people used to think _skills_ had anything to do with anything...

Fair comments from both of you. What sort of style are we expecting other than winning?

Organised attacking with pace and players who know what they're meant to be doing, running and passing to.

Everything is aggressive and on the front foot. Wing backs who push the other team backwards simply by taking up high positions on the pitch.

What’s the feeling about Conte and bringing through youth players, which was one of Levy’s criteria? Or at least sticking with the likes of Skipp and Tanganga who are coming through but still need patience and development?

Attacking with width and overloading on both flanks, frustrating the opposition with players working very hard working to his remit.

Keeping Harry Kane in the box without him dropping as deep as PEH to get a touch. Quick decisive football.

What’s the feeling about Conte and bringing through youth players, which was one of Levy’s criteria? Or at least sticking with the likes of Skipp and Tanganga who are coming through but still need patience and development?
It’s not something he has done elsewhere
He plays whoever suits the team

There’s another one just up about Nuno with lots of ‘sources close to the changing room’ insight - no guesses for leaked by whom - apparently there was a vote before the Everton game last season on whether to keep Mou and only two voted in favour - I’m guessing that was Kane and Hodge.

Honestly, these players…

There’s another one just up about Nuno with lots of ‘sources close to the changing room’ insight - no guesses for leaked by whom - apparently there was a vote before the Everton game last season on whether to keep Mou and only two voted in favour - I’m guessing that was Kane and Hodge.

Honestly, these players…

If true, who is taking the vote and asking the question and secondly the lot can go, play the game with your feet and not by raising your hands to make your life easy.

I saw a clip from him earlier which said:
- off the pitch (infrastructure etc) we're world class
- on the pitch we're an embarrassment

Hard to argue with that. I know he's regularly negative on Spurs, but what I saw today was pretty accurate
I detect no lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back