• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The new, new manager thread - Pt 3

Hmmmm.... I think it has a big significance...

Let's say Ajax are one of 5 teams capable of winning that league (Ajax along with PSV, AZ, Twente and Feyenoord). FDB should therefore expect to win the league once every five years, that would be an average 'expected' achievement. However he has surpassed this massively.

If I read what you have said above correctly can I also assume that if LVG comes in and wins 4 league titles in a row with Man Utd it would be nothing special? After all Man Utd are in England all those things that you state Ajax is in The Netherlands.

Except this league is infinately more powerful, and there are teams with more resources than united even though united have a bigger pull and bigger brand name, not to mention the actual quality of the squad united have at this moment.

However it is not as impressive as LVG doing it with liverpool or arsenal 4 times in a row

if van gaal got united into the top 4 four years in a row then that wouldnt be anything special.....

Except this league is infinately more powerful, and there are teams with more resources than united even though united have a bigger pull and bigger brand name, not to mention the actual quality of the squad united have at this moment.

However it is not as impressive as LVG doing it with liverpool or arsenal 4 times in a row

if van gaal got united into the top 4 four years in a row then that wouldnt be anything special.....

I wasn't talking about LVG getting Man Utd into the top 4 four years in a row. I was talking about him winning the league 4 years in a row. Would you, or would you not consider that to be impressive?

Do you know if that was before we took eriksen off them as he was seen pre season as there main man and we did not take him until late if I recollect correctly :-k

They also lost alderweireld*at the same time I think and Ajax had to bring in a youth striker with little to no experience again I stand to be corrected I just remember them looking a little lost and no star names other than blind and most of the dutch football experts writing them off

Babel and sulejmani too

although im not sure if babel going was to be considered that bad ;)

Last edited:
Not the same

I don't agree. United are streets ahead of Arsenal in both terms of finances and pull. They also have a bigger name that City or Chelsea and would have no trouble matching the wages they could pay for the right player.

In the Netherlands PSV and Feyenoord are big clubs, maybe not as glamorous as Ajax but really big all the same.

Anyone yet to vote? I'll hold this open until tomorrow and then publish the results.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RWvmhECbaTTQ7KoAfdstsMvy_9j8NaJ99iWkg-3oFBE/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Bump

I wasn't talking about LVG getting Man Utd into the top 4 four years in a row. I was talking about him winning the league 4 years in a row. Would you, or would you not consider that to be impressive?

i thought i answered that already. but if like a lawyer you want a yes or no answer then my answer is a firm yes

Poch at Hotspur Way earlier today:

BoWLlF2CMAAy7DC.jpg

I guess the two kids are his sons (Sebastiano 18 and Maurizio 12 according to Soton's OS)?

Colour scheme looks fairly Spurs blue?

Back