• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The new, new manager thread - Pt 3

You can still get:

3/1 on FdB
22/1 on RBM
33/1 on Ancelotti
40/1 on Martinez

The longest odds on Poch are 8/11

Can you c+p? I don't have twitter.

I would follow on SC but there's so many manager threads I can't be bothered.

Steverevill ‏@steverevill
So we've spoken to Poch and FDB but DL thinks Ancelotti will talk to us after the weekend. That about it? @jetsetyid

The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid
@steverevill will be too late.....;0)

Jay ‏@ryantegan
@jetsetyid Why the delay on Poch? Just about the financial package with Saints?

An example of other Poch related things:

Oh why oh why could Pochettino not have been a former player at the biggest club in a 3 team league? Damn you Levy, it's your fault

Last edited:
Top. top notch on COYS years ago.

jordinho got it pretty spot on does not post itk often but is often right when he does same as peanut

That's interesting info to be fair :-k

The plot thickens

Cheers :)

I think Poch is much much better at organising defences. Martinez obviously has the sustained (relative level of) success.

Everton were good this season, but Martinez more or less inherited the back 4 Moyes put together. His Wigan side was shaky for sure, but they were also very ambitious and frequently lost their best players. Perhaps with better players like at Everton or with us he would do better defensively too?

The sustained level of success is the key difference for me. He's also been getting a lot of the credit for what happened at Swansea, so a bit more experience at building a system over time I suppose?

I would be delighted with Martinez.

Cheers :)

Everton were good this season, but Martinez more or less inherited the back 4 Moyes put together. His Wigan side was shaky for sure, but they were also very ambitious and frequently lost their best players. Perhaps with better players like at Everton or with us he would do better defensively too?

The sustained level of success is the key difference for me. He's also been getting a lot of the credit for what happened at Swansea, so a bit more experience at building a system over time I suppose?

I would be delighted with Martinez.

I remember reading about him saying that when he loses he goes in to his cinema and watches the game over and over until he can see what went wrong and figures out how to change the system to stop it happening again I liked that speaks of a perfectionist and a workaholic.

I think in the same interview he talked about not having a system that he likes but making a system to suit the players available ,I liked that as well as it shows he is not avb ;) and can adapt
He would make a good appointment I think young modern adaptable speaks well to the press and of the game and imo would be well liked by most of the spurs fans I certainly wouldn't be upset if spurs can sort out a deal for him ticks a lot of the boxes for me anyway

Anyone yet to vote? I'll hold this open until tomorrow and then publish the results.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RWvmhECbaTTQ7KoAfdstsMvy_9j8NaJ99iWkg-3oFBE/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

'chunky' on COYS re Roberto Martinez...

So i'm told, he is very interested.
But if we want him, we need to go to Kenwright and do a deal. He wont tell them he wants out first

'scat1620' on SC on 'chunky'...

Chunky is one of the old school original COYS ITKs (along with Peanut) who very rarely post info but usually it is spot on when they do. As far as I know, that's the first ITK anyone has heard from Chunky or Peanut for a fair while, so it's definitely very interesting that he's chosen now to dish out some new info.

If Chunky and Peanut are worth listening to, I want to hear from Butter.

i think it was Grassroots who said Ajax were not favorites to win the title this season, i also think in his first season in charge it would have been very unlikely that the bookies would have made them favorites what with there being a new manager in charge and keeping in mind their recent barren spell.

Probably worth pointing out here that Ajax were in 4th place in the league when FDB took over from Jol in December 2010.

Last edited:
Probably worth pointing out here that Ajax were in 4th place in the league in December 2010.

Perhaps he should look up Dutch bookies as ours will always have Ajax as favourites
No I don't have a clue who a Dutch bookies are and no I cant explain the complexities of a Dutch bookie in comparison to a English one or what style of bookieness they use 8-[

that is kind of the point i am trying to make...the competitiveness has not that much significance, not entirely nothing, to do with the leagues quality.

in your experiment it would be the guy that leads the Ajax team , but my thought is that there are not 7 teams of roughly the same stature and pull in the top tier...there are teams getting results on par to one another but Ajax is still ajax and still command as much resources and influence as any other team in that league. The level of media and promotion and TV exposure and marketing that Brand name gets in direct comparison to other teams is almost distorted

Hmmmm.... I think it has a big significance...

Let's say Ajax are one of 5 teams capable of winning that league (Ajax along with PSV, AZ, Twente and Feyenoord). FDB should therefore expect to win the league once every five years, that would be an average 'expected' achievement. However he has surpassed this massively.

If I read what you have said above correctly can I also assume that if LVG comes in and wins 4 league titles in a row with Man Utd it would be nothing special? After all Man Utd are in England all those things that you state Ajax is in The Netherlands.

I know I am going to regret this but with who because on paper they had a weak squad according to Dutch football experts before the season began 8-[

Code:
team	        odds	team  	        odds
Ajax Amsterdam	2.1	Den Haag	201
PSV Eindhoven	3	Zwolle	        251
Feyenoord	6	Heracles	251
Twente Enschede	11	NAC Breda	501
AZ Alkmaar	17	Waalwijk	751
Vitesse	        21	NEC Nijmegen	1001
Utrecht	        34	Roda	        1001
Heerenveen	41	Cambuur	        2001
Groningen	67	Go Ahead Eagles	2501

http://www.betinf.com/prev_netherland.htm