• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The new, new manager thread - Pt 3

Soton are about £60m in debt. They'll need to sell at least 2 of their assets this summer, so why not to us

Equally part of the delay this week could be negotiating a player in with the compensation pay off (wishful thinking I'm sure)

yeah but they are about to get a combined 50 mill for Shaw to Utd and Lallana to Liverpool, plus maybe 5 mill compensation for Poch and his team of coaches, so they dont really have to sell anyone else. Oh and the new tv deal kicks in.

sooner rather than later please. feel so frickin aimless...a summer of speculation would do me ead in..

where is the Pochaman v FdB poll then??? lets settle this once and for all

1) Pochettino
2) De Boer
3) Benitez

For me, although honestly, i'd be happy with either of the top 2.

I agree with the players we could/should realistically raid Southampton for. Schneiderlin for the midfield lynchpin role (sell Capoue), Lovren for the centre-back positions.

if Levy really wants Poch i think we will try very hard to hijack the Lallana to Liverpool deal......just like Chelski nick our targets, we go after Liverpools:) I know they have CL on offer but who knows maybe Lallana likes his home comforts and mummy and daddy in Southampton are closer to Tottenham than to Liverpool

if Levy really wants Poch i think we will try very hard to hijack the Lallana to Liverpool deal......just like Chelski nick our targets, we go after Liverpools:) I know they have CL on offer but who knows maybe Lallana likes his home comforts and mummy and daddy in Southampton are closer to Tottenham than to Liverpool

I think Poch will use Eriksen for the Lallana role.

I don't think Eriksen is high-tempo/mobile enough for the advanced of the 3 CM role. Paulinho or Holtby are much better fits for that. Which leaves Eriksen as a notionally left-side, but largely floating creative player. Lamela can then take the Rodriguez role (notionally right-side, but closest to the CF).

We've got limited resources, and Lallana's is not a priority position for us.

I think Poch will use Eriksen for the Lallana role.

I don't think Eriksen is high-tempo/mobile enough for the advanced of the 3 CM role. Paulinho or Holtby are much better fits for that. Which leaves Eriksen as a notionally left-side, but largely floating creative player. Lamela can then take the Rodriguez role (notionally right-side, but closest to the CF).

We've got limited resources, and Lallana's is not a priority position for us.

Lallana might not be a priority, but that wont stop Levy and his cohorts if they feel they can do a good deal.

A bit of detail on Southampton's finances

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26813363

interesting
year ending 30 June 2013 net loss of £7.1m
enter the summer window owing £27m in outstanding transfer fees
A bill in excess of £30m is also pending for their new training ground

selling away their two top players could net them £40m
training ground £30m should be easily amortized against gate and TV revenue if they stay in the Premier League.

letting Poch go will only net them £4-6m nothing compared to the size of the their financial woes, and just increase the risk of losing all the revenue from being in the Premier League, plus more players.

if i were the board, I'd offer Poch a new contract to stay and rebuild the squad.

----------------------Sandro---Dembele------------------

---------------------------Lallana-----------------------

-----Lamela-------------------------------------Eriksen---

--------------------------Adebayor------------------------

I hope that this works. I've created a Google form so that we can rank the three in order of preference. We'll publish the results in this thread in a day or two.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RWvmhECbaTTQ7KoAfdstsMvy_9j8NaJ99iWkg-3oFBE/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Lallana might not be a priority, but that wont stop Levy and his cohorts if they feel they can do a good deal.

I think that there is very little chance of a good deal being there to be done. Lallana will fetch top dollar this summer and I think that there is very little chance of him ever being sold on for a profit.

£25m+ (and lots of competition who will just gazump us) for a 26yo isn't a good/Levy deal.

----------------------Sandro---Dembele------------------

---------------------------Lallana-----------------------

--------------------------Adebayor------------------------

----------------------Sandro--Schneiderlin------------------

-----------------------Paulinho/Holtby-----------------------

------------------------Soldado/Adebayor------------------------

Is more what I'd expect

I think Lallana + Eriksen would leave us short of the intensity/energy that Poch's teams are built on.

I think that there is very little chance of a good deal being there to be done. Lallana will fetch top dollar this summer and I think that there is very little chance of him ever being sold on for a profit.

like with soldado???.......look, i dont even want Lallana, but if Poch insists that he can persuade the player to join us then i guess Levy will try.

I hope that this works. I've created a Google form so that we can rank the three in order of preference. We'll publish the results in this thread in a day or two.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RWvmhECbaTTQ7KoAfdstsMvy_9j8NaJ99iWkg-3oFBE/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>
why not just do a simple poll with Poch and FdB????? Benitez isnt even in the running

like with soldado???.......look, i dont even want Lallana, but if Poch insists that he can persuade the player to join us then i guess Levy will try.

Soldado is hardly indicative of our transfer activity besides there were plenty of reports that it was a fee in the low teens with lots of add ons.

why not just do a simple poll with Poch and FdB????? Benitez isnt even in the running

Because plenty of people were saying they would have liked the opportunity to rank the candidates in the last poll and most of the posts in this thread where they are ranked include the three.

£25m+ (and lots of competition who will just gazump us) for a 26yo isn't a good/Levy deal.

----------------------Sandro--Schneiderlin------------------

-----------------------Paulinho/Holtby-----------------------

------------------------Soldado/Adebayor------------------------

Is more what I'd expect

I think Lallana + Eriksen would leave us short of the intensity/energy that Poch's teams are built on.

If his teams are based on intensity/energy why would he sell Dembele?

If his teams are based on intensity/energy why would he sell Dembele?

Because, unlike almost everyone in the Soton team, he can't pass.

I think Dembele is a fantastic defensive player. But his inability to release the ball cripples us offensively. Schneiderlin is Dembele but with a passing game.

Because, unlike almost everyone in the Soton team, he can't pass.

I think Dembele is a fantastic defensive player. But his inability to release the ball cripples us offensively. Schneiderlin is Dembele but with a passing game.

I don't agree that they're even remotely similar.

Do you think Sandro is a superior passer to Dembele?

Last edited:
Back